TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked]

+58
AdamWatson99
CQR Jono
JAMIE ANDERS0N
tsaFooT
CQR HABURi
Hailfire97x
LMR Sahara
LMP Dragon
Amarth
Ax4x Cowboy
TG Wormburner
AAR ABEnstein
Bob Dixon 76
DeweyTee
Slider S15
CQR Shifty
AMR of the Apex
GLR mar B ond
BG Wumba
MotoYeti
RumbleBee 392
Biggsy tv
F4H Carrera
Ax4x Chaddy
Diablo 29x
RW26 BLAZE
Ax4x Mikey J
Hainesy
LastNewtStandin
Duke of Bruno
v Hurricane v
neilracing07
XPR Roadrunner
PLOW tubbi
The Posimosh
CQR Aero
theboomeranga
ShrinkingSteven
Wooflers
big dj210
FSR Groves
CQR Myles
CreamyTastey
HCR generaltso
nickyf1
F4H bandicoot
Ax4x Kane
Matt
Richy59
ES5XB0Y
Ax4x Bandit
LMR Zakspeed
Texaspotatolord
Standaman94
F4H Lotterer
LMR DarthMario
TheAngryPudding
CQR Rogue
62 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked]

Post by F4H Lotterer Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:23

well now im expecting them to say 8 driver lobbys so the frame rates dont drop off Laughing 
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 17 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked]

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:26

Don't give them ideas Trash! The fact they haven't said anything about the number of players makes me believe it will be 16 - with Turn 10 it's always what they don't say that is important, so I think it will be the same as FM4. I hope I'm wrong and they can increase it to 24 though Very Happy 

Slightly off-topic, but I did find it quite amusing during the commentary for Turn 10's Forza LeMans race that their own employees don't even know that with over 12 cars in the lobby there will be no visible damage on the cars or crowds in the grandstands (game turns those off with > 12 players).

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:33

I don't think they made the game, they're only the community guys as far as I know. I wouldn't have thought they knew all the technical programming stuff.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:35

There seems to be a lot of praises for Project CARS as well. Really, if you want a demo of that, go play Shift 2 on X360. Same developer that makes it.

I want a true racing game. With tyre compounds. Practice/qualifying sessions. Formation laps & cool down lap after race finish. Start lights so you need to time the start right. Flags, penalties & pace cars. Fully immersive pit stops. Tyre blowouts & degradation. Track degradation. Realistic cockpit view.

and I want another TOCA game Sad

Last edited by Kilroy8 on Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:36; edited 1 time in total
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:36

Standaman94 wrote:I don't think they made the game, they're only the community guys as far as I know. I wouldn't have thought they knew all the technical programming stuff.

Yeah that's true, I just found it amusing that they were looking all around the cars for visible damage on the cars when there would never be any lol. I guess they've never raced in a lobby with more than 12 players Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:37

Kilroy8 wrote:I want a true racing game. With tyre compounds. Practice/qualifying sessions. Formation laps & cool down lap after race finish. Start lights so you need to time the start right. Flags, penalties & pace cars. Fully immersive pit stops. Tyre blowouts & degradation. Track degradation. Realistic cockpit view.

iRacing? 45,000 people playing that worldwide

Last edited by CQR MAGiC on Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:37

I think Brian knows more stuff about the game than he leads on to be.

The other community guy is HeliosT10 (Ian Webster)
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:39

I don't like paying for a gaming subscription really. Rather have a one time payment Smile
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:41

You're paying a subscription when you play Forza - £40 a year for Xbox Live Gold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:49

CQR MAGiC wrote:Don't give them ideas Trash! The fact they haven't said anything about the number of players makes me believe it will be 16 - with Turn 10 it's always what they don't say that is important, so I think it will be the same as FM4. I hope I'm wrong and they can increase it to 24 though Very Happy 

Slightly off-topic, but I did find it quite amusing during the commentary for Turn 10's Forza LeMans race that their own employees don't even know that with over 12 cars in the lobby there will be no visible damage on the cars or crowds in the grandstands (game turns those off with > 12 players).
Heard Dan Mr Beardy One say in an interview that they are aiming for more so I'd expect 24 and hope for more.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 16:53

I'd be happy with 24, if we had too many and it would just get too congested on many tracks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 17:00

Camino Mini, 50 car train anyone? Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 17:01

Amalfi Coast with 50 drivers Razz
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 17:01

ive just read the script for this interview and it really does seem like a giant F U to all the hardcore racers.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 17:04

We're probably <1% of the market (in terms of game sales), and that really shows in that interview. I don't like it either, but being realistic the game has to sell 5m+ copies to justify the development costs, so us 10,000 or less hardcore racers have to put up with what we get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 17:05

I'm sure we will all find a way to make the game suit us and be more fun for what we enjoy. We've done it since the first Forza game and plan on doing it in the future Wink
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 17:06

CQR MAGiC wrote:You're paying a subscription when you play Forza - £40 a year for Xbox Live Gold.

Yeah, but I can play many other games on that subscription Smile
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 17:09

And lets face it, they're not going to de-sim the physics and lose all their fans. Horizon was brought out for that reason. It's going to be good, have faith.
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 17:15

true H but if they drop the Ford Pinto i will be furious.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 18:03

Seems to me we're getting fobbed off with the same as before.
I'm tired of hearing that the next forza will be great and that they might add what us comp racers want. They aint doing nothing for us.

There doing plenty of things that will make them more money though.

Look at our 24hr race.
Best lap 8miles. Not even a decimal point.
Not hard to add lap times is it. Never got fixed it got worse.

pit to repair all but the easiest part of the car to fix.
Aero damage could easily be repairable. The real damage even if the car looks a state still.
We used to choose what we want to repair. Remember that?

Car balancing/handicaps.
Adjustable in increments of 5%.
Tell me that they couldnt make that multiples of 1%

3 very simple things that have been asked for again and again over the years that would make
endurance racing on forza much more enjoyable.

Not happened and likely never will because theres no money in it. How many people DONT buy forza because of a lack of sim or detail.
We'll never know

LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 18:24

CQR MAGiC wrote:
SelectiveRogue wrote:Cheers Chris, so would you think its legit?

Who's Chris (Mark) lol - Yeah, seems legit, GTDon posted it on IFCA on 23 June - http://ifca.highforum.net/t5975p30-forza-5

I think FM5 is looking very much like Forza 4.1 but with 1080p graphics and orange peel on the paint. Dan Greenawalts comment that "I feel that any details that are allegedly missing are far outweighed by our cutting edge graphics and physics" pretty much sums up the focus of the development for me, I doubt we'll see any *racing* improvements beyond 16-player dedicated servers.

Mark sorry dude !!! was at work so was a alt tab job lol

Yep hmmm GTR3 next gen any 1 Wink
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 19:03

LMR Trash wrote:true H but if they drop the Ford Pinto i will be furious.
Stop it with the Pinto, someone will read this and put it in. Razz 
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 19:43

But Turn 10 have got us bent over the table. Its the closest to a modern sim we're gonna get on consoles at least. Hopefully a developer will see this 'gap' that's missing. But, as mentioned before, we're not a huge target audience.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 23:43

Kilroy8 wrote:There seems to be a lot of praises for Project CARS as well. Really, if you want a demo of that, go play Shift 2 on X360. Same developer that makes it.

I want a true racing game. With tyre compounds. Practice/qualifying sessions. Formation laps & cool down lap after race finish. Start lights so you need to time the start right. Flags, penalties & pace cars. Fully immersive pit stops. Tyre blowouts & degradation. Track degradation. Realistic cockpit view.

and I want another TOCA game Sad

Shift 2 was made by EA, graphics by Slightly Mad Studios
Project C.A.R.S. is completely done by SMS, graphics, physics, everything
apparently Grid 2 was the new TOCA, but no, i want a new TOCA too, if they made that, then that'd be the only game i played, only one i played on the old xbox, and i'm tempted to by TOCA 3 again

LastNewtStandin wrote:Seems to me we're getting fobbed off with the same as before.
I'm tired of hearing that the next forza will be great and that they might add what us comp racers want. They aint doing nothing for us.

There doing plenty of things that will make them more money though.

Look at our 24hr race.
Best lap 8miles. Not even a decimal point.
Not hard to add lap times is it. Never got fixed it got worse.

pit to repair all but the easiest part of the car to fix.
Aero damage could easily be repairable. The real damage even if the car looks a state still.
We used to choose what we want to repair. Remember that?

Car balancing/handicaps.
Adjustable in increments of 5%.
Tell me that they couldnt make that multiples of 1%

3 very simple things that have been asked for again and again over the years that would make
endurance racing on forza much more enjoyable.

Not happened and likely never will because theres no money in it. How many people DONT buy forza because of a lack of sim or detail.
We'll never know

I absolutely agree, 10 years ago, TOCA Race Driver 1 you could decide what you wanted repaired and the pit stop could take from 5 seconds to 45 seconds, so 10 years on it cannot be that difficult, with the power handicaps i thought that was surely the easiest one to fix, if you don't know your 1 times tables, you may as well live in the jungle with no contact to the outside world.
HOW HARD IS IT TO PUT IN A FREAKEN DECIMAL PLACE FOR DISTANCE!!!!!!!! they did it in 3, and i'm guessing 2 and 1 (haven't played them) and it is so much easier that have 8 freaken miles on a 8.48 mile track. on my opening lap of every stint i got a best and last lap of 8 miles, but a total distance of 9 WTF!!!!! Turn 10 maths good
i dunno if i'm going to continue the forza series, or jut skip 5 and stay on CARS, Turn 10 IMO screwed up forza since 3, you guys have said 2 was the last real forza game, but i haven't played it so don't know, but it's called Forza MOTORSPORT not Forza Drift or Forza Painter or Forza Car Show, Forza 'I'm gonna join a public lobby and destroy everyone's races' it's MOTORSPORT!
rant over
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 23:52

The latest builds of Project CARS have made huge improvements (it is still in pre-alpha remember)  I just hope they can raise the funding to make an Xbox One version. Here's how multiplayer is coming along on the PC:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next