TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

TEC Community general discussion

+48
Euphoric Blaze
el gigant
LMR Mopar
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Raceboy77
TG Wormburner
[OLD]FenderBender
BG Wumba
LMR Sahara
SFM Benedict
WhoIsJohn117
HCR Bellmond
maneatingbrick
JKGrizzle
BalmierPie671
CRA XenoMorph
Koenigsegg R
XPR Dwarf
HCR Motorhead
TM aidtheace
JOSHSIGGY
TLR Scrublord
Ax4x Broomz
Ax4x Kane
Richy59
LMR Deftone MX
Ax4x Mikey J
Texaspotatolord
RumbleBee 392
CQR Rogue
F4H Bullet
F4H Lotterer
LastNewtStandin
ShrinkingSteven
Hailfire97x
FSR Groves
SorrySmithy
adieshibbyin
Ax4x Bandit
The Posimosh
Wooflers
xVampirAx
Ax4x Cowboy
AAR ABEnstein
theboomeranga
AdamWatson99
BG Wingnut396
Adder 020
52 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: TEC Community general discussion

Post by The Posimosh Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:31

AAR ABEnstein wrote:
BG Cowboy wrote:1. Use something like XSplit to stream to Twitch. (free version is fine for this)
2. Have the video as an image file (TORA logo).
3. ?????????
4. Profit

PC only.Evil or Very Mad Mac alternative? I'm lobbying the family to bootcamp the Mac, but it won't be done before the race.

If you have a mac... Send me a PM and I'll help with broadcasting... Theres a couple tricks to it but as long as your mac has a webcam you are good to go (without spending any money).  If you have a macpro (like I do, it will be a bit more problematic and you may need to spend a few bucks.
Paid apps: Wirecast
Episode (cheaper)

Free: manycam
Quicktime Broadcaster
Camtwist

Plus: soundflower

And:
FME

The non-free ones are more straightforward, the free ones take a bit more configuration. Audio only would only need FME and Soundflower or audacity to emulate audio ports.
The Posimosh
The Posimosh

TORA Race Number : 113
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2012-03-04

http://posimosh.com

Back to top Go down

TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: TEC Community general discussion

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 23:20

LMR Deftone MX wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:
LMR Deftone MX wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:AndyT306 in the HR Ax4x car.

I can get LMR Dub Soljah to take his place if you'd like? He's done low 2:05's with the M3.

Yes. We NEED help. He'd have to do stints 2 and 5, and would most likely be quicker than anyone else in the car... but otherwise the car's just gonna run three stints.

Alright, he's in. So thats -

LMR Dub Soljah

Since the Registration Thread is locked down, I'll just insert his name into the Stint thread. That would be stints 2 and 5.

And thanks bro for saving our (butt) on this.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 0:12

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
LMR Deftone MX wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:
LMR Deftone MX wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:AndyT306 in the HR Ax4x car.

I can get LMR Dub Soljah to take his place if you'd like? He's done low 2:05's with the M3.

Yes. We NEED help. He'd have to do stints 2 and 5, and would most likely be quicker than anyone else in the car... but otherwise the car's just gonna run three stints.

Alright, he's in. So thats -

LMR Dub Soljah

Since the Registration Thread is locked down, I'll just insert his name into the Stint thread. That would be stints 2 and 5.

And thanks bro for saving our (butt) on this.

Anytime buddy
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 0:56

So people who weren't registered can join a team, like me joining Shrinkingstevens team then correct? He already has me in the stint thread.
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 1:00

You are signed up for Stevens team and the way it's going I'm just gonna say sod it in a minute and let every Tom dick and harry do what they like
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 1:19

Right then you lot that think this is my event
1 you guys choose it
2 yes it is me that is basically organising it and making decision cause seems no one else can be bothered I have committed myself to something and not shyed away and yes I do have a life aswell
3 if you have a problem with me doing this say so
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 1:26

Didn't mean no disrespect by Wingnut, just wanted to make sure cause Mikey J said he was talking to staff regarding adding people and then he added someone to his team? Just was checking. Your putting in a lot of work into this, lots of respect dude. Very Happy 
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 1:28

Cheers
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 2:03

F4H Bullet wrote:Didn't mean no disrespect by Wingnut, just wanted to make sure cause Mikey J said he was talking to staff regarding adding people and then he added someone to his team? Just was checking. Your putting in a lot of work into this, lots of respect dude. Very Happy 

We discussed following standard TEC rules regarding last minute changes to team rosters, and to be quite honest got nowhere near an answer (see also Duncan and Richy bailing) Since I had no definitive answer I cannot tell anyone that it is okay or not... just that in Steven's case, and same with one of my team cars, there is no option. Either we get to add/replace a driver or there will be two less cars in the event. Simple as that.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR ABEnstein Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 2:49

The Posimosh wrote:
AAR ABEnstein wrote:
BG Cowboy wrote:1. Use something like XSplit to stream to Twitch. (free version is fine for this)
2. Have the video as an image file (TORA logo).
3. ?????????
4. Profit

PC only.Evil or Very Mad Mac alternative? I'm lobbying the family to bootcamp the Mac, but it won't be done before the race.

If you have a mac... Send me a PM and I'll help with broadcasting... Theres a couple tricks to it but as long as your mac has a webcam you are good to go (without spending any money).  If you have a macpro (like I do, it will be a bit more problematic and you may need to spend a few bucks.
Paid apps: Wirecast
Episode (cheaper)

Free: manycam
Quicktime Broadcaster
Camtwist

Plus: soundflower

And:
FME

The non-free ones are more straightforward, the free ones take a bit more configuration.  Audio only would only need FME and Soundflower or audacity to emulate audio ports.

PM sent.
AAR ABEnstein
AAR ABEnstein

TORA Race Number : 127
Xbox 360 Mac

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 3:24

BG Wingnut396 wrote:the way it's going I'm just gonna say sod it in a minute and let every Tom dick and harry do what they like

well excuse me for trying to help somebody who had a driver bail on them...
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 3:27

BG Wingnut396 wrote:Right then you lot that think this is my event
1 you guys choose it
2 yes it is me that is basically organising it and making decision cause seems no one else can be bothered I have committed myself to something and not shyed away and yes I do have a life aswell

I'll say so.

We chose the race, this is true. However, the first 20 votes or so for this event were for a different car (Audi TT). Somewhere it got changed to the BMW V12 LMR. After that, the build for the BMW M3 changed from what was advertised (stock with tuning) to an understeering pig (brakes, upped rear tire width, and tuning). I don't remember voting for that.

No one else is bothered because it doesn't go to committee. I have a fairly good idea of what goes on behind the scenes, and from what I've heard / can tell, it's been quite a lot of you pulling the trigger on your ideas and telling everyone else in the CT that they can either love it or quit, because once it gets posted it's suddenly "The Law." Another example of this? The whopping 6 hour warning (while a lot of us are asleep) saying "Post your final driver lineups or else." Never heard of any committee discussion on that.

I have a problem with one man constantly speaking for the "Community Team," which doesn't seem to be a team nor has it really favored the community.
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 4:47

^ If you find a way to tune that understeer out of the car let me know Laughing 

I'm a bit nervous about the backstraight, as GT cars have to lift, and LMP cars are wide open through it. The speed differential at the end of the backstraight is phenomenal.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 4:53

Flyin Mikey J wrote:^ If you find a way to tune that understeer out of the car let me know Laughing 

I'm a bit nervous about the backstraight, as GT cars have to lift, and LMP cars are wide open through it. The speed differential at the end of the backstraight is phenomenal.

Can't be worse than ISCC Razz
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 4:55

Flyin Mikey J wrote:^ If you find a way to tune that understeer out of the car let me know

Full front aero, none on the rear. Ain't that hard. Both kinks can be flat in the M3.

Hailfire, the stock build would still be a understeering pig. It'd just have oversteer thrown with it, and annoying brakes on top of that.

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 5:01

I thought the M3 drove quite nicely.

TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 J8Ljahl
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 PEEdCpnTEC Community general discussion - Page 4 ZzhlIqHTEC Community general discussion - Page 4 UmQfodETEC Community general discussion - Page 4 C0cSnDzTEC Community general discussion - Page 4 1vuHXh0TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 MAsvnrETEC Community general discussion - Page 4 GrZPNKA

TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 Lmr_ba10

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 5:03

It ain't bad on Road America tbh.

Texaspotatolord

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 5:05

Texaspotatolord wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:^ If you find a way to tune that understeer out of the car let me know

Full front aero, none on the rear. Ain't that hard. Both kinks can be flat in the M3.

Tried that and lost time as it was slow down the long straights. And I don't really want to be another second off pace. Embarassed

I'll give that another go and see if I can hit anything besides the wall at the Kink. Laughing 

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 5:09

I usually feel understeer in the M3 at the exit of the first and last corner on Tsukuba.

TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 J8Ljahl
TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 PEEdCpnTEC Community general discussion - Page 4 ZzhlIqHTEC Community general discussion - Page 4 UmQfodETEC Community general discussion - Page 4 C0cSnDzTEC Community general discussion - Page 4 1vuHXh0TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 MAsvnrETEC Community general discussion - Page 4 GrZPNKA

TEC Community general discussion - Page 4 Lmr_ba10

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 5:38

Apart from the Carousel where it oversteers on exit the car feels pretty nicely balanced...

Mikey, what top speed are you hitting then? You can try 1 and 40 roll bars...worked for me fine.

Texaspotatolord

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 7:44

Thanks Texas, I was able to knock off a bit over a second from my Q time tonight, using your aero advise as a starting point then adjusting from there. Scary thing is about 1 out of every 8-10 laps, I still go off at the Kink. Not horrible odds, but 5 times in 50 laps could be an issue Shocked 

As for my top speed, I haven't actually seen it, as I tend to start looking for my braking point somewhere around 171-172 MPH Wink 

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 8:15

Hailfire97x wrote:
BG Wingnut396 wrote:Right then you lot that think this is my event
1 you guys choose it

I'll say so.

We chose the race, this is true. However, the first 20 votes or so for this event were for a different car (Audi TT). Somewhere it got changed to the BMW V12 LMR. After that, the build for the BMW M3 changed from what was advertised (stock with tuning) to an understeering pig (brakes, upped rear tire width, and tuning). I don't remember voting for that.

No one else is bothered because it doesn't go to committee. I have a fairly good idea of what goes on behind the scenes, and from what I've heard / can tell, it's been quite a lot of you pulling the trigger on your ideas and telling everyone else in the CT that they can either love it or quit, because once it gets posted it's suddenly "The Law." Another example of this? The whopping 6 hour warning (while a lot of us are asleep) saying "Post your final driver lineups or else." Never heard of any committee discussion on that.

I have a problem with one man constantly speaking for the "Community Team," which doesn't seem to be a team nor has it really favored the community.
so if one man doesnt speak then nothing gets done
if YES i didnt get moving on this event then it wouldnt be running
the vote was changed by someone which i still have no idea who and the audi was not the car on the first 20 votes the build change was due to no race brakes on the M3
from what i am seeing here that you have written then i know what gets said in CT Lounge is not kept there is it MIKEY
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 8:42

??? Its common knowledge, as I have heard from and been asked by a few people.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 8:59

BG Wingnut396 wrote:
so if one man doesnt speak then nothing gets done
if YES i didnt get moving on this event then it wouldnt be running
the vote was changed by someone which i still have no idea who and the audi was not the car on the first 20 votes the build change was due to no race brakes on the M3
from what i am seeing here that you have written then i know what gets said in CT Lounge is not kept there is it MIKEY

If one man doesn't speak, another's power may go unchecked.

To say that you "got the event moving" is putting it lightly. The only input I've seen that wasn't directly from you was Blizzard suggesting that you re-post your entry with each update. Otherwise, it's usually Wingnut saying "Well, I want to get this done now, so it will be done as such."

I have no real idea what goes on behind the scenes. Yes, I've talked a little to Mikey as to why things are (I don't get too far with that, really), as I have with a few others. I generally get "Well, some people wanted it to be done X way, others want it to be done Y way, and in the end Wingnut went with ___ without much discussion." Other times I've heard "Before it could get discussed, I saw it was already posted as ____," mostly regarding the change of builds (which I still don't know how tires affect race brakes) and the locking of the registration thread with relatively short notice (I know a few people who are still pretty pissed about that).

Mostly, I see some comments from CT members giving a bit of an "it is what it is" vibe, consisting of "It wasn't MY idea" or "this is our first try, don't blame us."
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 9:23

Hello Hello 

Ok, so this looks like it has been fun. Couple of things, Wingnut and the Community Team has been working hard on this and to a point I am glad some people were so proactive with this to get it going as it was starting to drag it's heals. I realise the Community TEC race wasn't what was originally planned all the way back at the start of the year and usually we at TORA do stick to our plans and carry out what we set out to do. This race however has overlapped with a couple of real life things that I and the other Staff members can't really work around, so thankfully the CT stepped in and we actually have a race to run.

Because of the lower numbers than expected, and that there has been a bit of confusion over signups then we are officially adding in a dropped round to the TEC rather than just negating this race. That means effectively that the Teams entered and racing in this have a great chance to score great points over their rivals who aren't running in a smaller field. Next year we may look at doing just the four TEC races again, but we will see what happens in the next generation.

Regarding the CT members I not going to get too much into it in a public space, as that isn't the right thing to do. It is a but disappointing to see some of the behind the scenes CT stuff being brought out to the public but I personally can understand why it has happened. The fact that the CT has worked well is because the Team has been working hard in the wake of the Staff not being available recently - I haven't really been online much since Le Mans - so I will ask if you give them some room to breath when things don't quite go right. This has been a big ask for them, so I don't think they get enough credit for what they have achieved with running a couple of series and setting up a TEC race on their own. However, I hope now that some CT members do understand how stressful and how difficult it can be doing this, and why the Staff tends to dedicate itself more to running things at times than actually racing.

I would ask if we can leave this subject alone until after this race is done now. It is putting a damper on what could be a pretty great race, and it is nearly here so hopefully it should all work out by the end of the weekend. We have been taking note of what has been going on so we are listening and looking at feedback.

Last edited by Richy59 on Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 9:40; edited 1 time in total
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next