TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

+70
II AntR II
Amarth
Jake Sanson
TheAngryPudding
Creepzer
Ax4x Broomz
LMP Dragon
tsaFooT
TweekPunx
Demo Marksman
XXX Skyrocket
AMR of the Apex
CRA Project182R
ll Taku ll
Pebb
TFR Magic
Windcharger8199
LMR Merikuh
F4H Bullet
HCR Karma
totlxtc
LMR Sahara
TG Wormburner
CQR HABURi
henkymetcola
Wooflers
nickyf1
RW26 BLAZE
F4H bandicoot
Koenigsegg R
Ax4x Mikun
Zeta0085
Turbo Power 77
Mavrick 0
MOPAR001
HCR generaltso
Richy59
BG Wumba
theboomeranga
Diablo 29x
Texaspotatolord
Ax4x Cowboy
HCR Motorhead
LMR Zakspeed
CQR D4N13L
CQR Rogue
CQR Deuce
Hainesy
VVV GunDaM
AdamWatson99
dinosilenzi
v Hurricane v
DeweyTee
RumbleBee 392
Ax4x Kane
FSR Groves
Beanz
LMR DarthMario
Matt
CQR Jono
LastNewtStandin
Standaman94
CQR Myles
F4H Lotterer
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Aero
Biggsy tv
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Bandit
JAMIE ANDERS0N
74 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Beanz Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:25

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
TG Wormburner wrote: It takes a long time to create a track, cars take up to 6 months on their own.
Then why waste any of their precious time and resources on Trucks and SUVs???
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Touch%C3%A9+_2b88ef53ddf8da83815e38446a2ca498

Don't forget AutoVista!
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:26

I appreciate Worm trying to talk it up, but I'm no wasting any money on game and new console that's hasn't listened to the community. But I don't blame T10, I blame Microsoft for pushing for release racing game to highlight the XB1. Which didn't allow T10 the time they needed to present a proper Motorsport game... I like quality over quantity as much as the next guy, but there still needs to the balance.

Why move all the series to 5? Clearly TORA can still their main series on 4 with no worries till everything on FM5 works out, if any? Why should we as a community rush to swap over when even the game itself was rushed for a release?
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:29

Mikey, I like trucks and SUV's. Hell I had more fun and spent more time getting my Transit Van into the top 100 than almost anything in FM4.

You also have to realize there are about 300 people here on this site at maximum and the forza forums represent less than 10% of the people that buy the game. We aren't the majority.

The physics are excellent, better than FM4. I never played a demo and don't know what I can and can't say so I'll give broad answers or duck and dodge. I'm serious when I say it's great, it's you guys money so do what you will. If you have it to spend I would buy it, I was slowly creeping off the fence as a consumer. When I played I jumped and ran, it's a great game a great console and the controller is freaking awesome.

To Soundwave once someone plays FM5 they will never go back. I put FM4 in two days ago and verbally said WTF in a party three times and cut it off. I'm not just talking it up, if I hated it I would tell you I hated it. I have no problems sharing an honest thought.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:37

I hear ya man, but I don't see anything coming from FM5 that's screams $500... FM4 can still host the series we have ran before, FM5 is gonna be tough, FM4 provides the tracks that are still great tracks, FM5 tho are providing us newer but at what cost? And as of right now FM4 replays quality is superior to the horizon-esqe of FM5... The physics are better, we all know this, but how much better than what we know is up for debate.

I'm saying as a league, why jump to a game who isn't targeting us anymore when what we have is just fine.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:41

I certainly hope you're right Worm. If not I still have Killer Instinct and Titanfall in the spring to fall back on!

I understand everything being from done from the ground up but I would've taken an unscanned Hockenheim or Suzuka that wasn't quite right over Bernise Alps and Prague any day.
CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce

TORA Race Number : 914
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:41

TG Wormburner wrote:You also have to realize there are about 300 people here on this site at maximum
TORA has 2400 members as does VM. Still a smaller number than online public lobby crashers but 8X more than the 300 quoted.

More for less is great as long as you get more and spend less... but spending a whole lot more for for a whole lot less content is a hard sell in a bad economy.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:42

Those 2400 members aren't all active mikey! Worms number of 300 is actually being generous.

Last edited by CQR Deuce on Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:44; edited 1 time in total
CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce

Xbox One Playstation 3

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:42

+1, Mikey
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:50

You are just as targeted today as you were yesterday or a month ago.

If you don't want it and don't see the value I won't argue with your opinion as it's your own. I just think it's better than guys are making it out on the knee jerk reaction of less tracks/cars. Just figured I would share and I'll leave the debating to you guys and I'll move my nose back out of it. I hope you guys get it, it's going to be fun moving forward and racing with people that do.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:54

Dude I'm getting it lol I'm just disappointed like the rest of us.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:57

CQR Deuce wrote:Those 2400 members aren't all active mikey! Worms number of 300 is actually being generous.
Did he say "active"? I guess it was implied. So...  

Of the 3 Million buyers, how many are active and how many ventured into a public lobby once or twice, got hit repeatedly by some douchecanoe a truck and traded in their copy?

Last edited by Flyin Mikey J on Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 20:00; edited 1 time in total

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbo Power 77 Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:59

XPR Soundwave wrote:Dude I'm getting it lol I'm just disappointed like the rest of us.
+1

Turbo Power 77

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 20:00

Who knows, but I doubt its T10s fault for the lacking of material and over emphasized non-racing essentials.

I stick to saying Microsoft is to blame.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 20:16

Yay!
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 20:18

WOW. Epic timing from Slightly Mad.

Bravo chaps.

I'll 'make do' with what limited content Forza 5 has knowing Project CARS is coming next year Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 20:23

That must of been planned that was ridiculous timing 8pm what UK office staff work that late lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 20:26

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
CQR Deuce wrote:Those 2400 members aren't all active mikey! Worms number of 300 is actually being generous.
Did he say "active"? I guess it was implied. So...  

Of the 3 Million buyers, how many are active and how many ventured into a public lobby once or twice, got hit repeatedly by some douchecanoe a truck and traded in their copy?
Yes Mikey it was implied!Rolling Eyes 

Quite a few I'd imagine traded it in after that, but in the console world if they made the game entirely to appeal to us (TORA, VM) there more than likely wouldn't be a game. Even if you do count the whole 2400 we're still the minority by a mile!

CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce

Xbox One Playstation 3

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 20:39

and there is something in place to eliminate lobby crashers that worked quite well.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 20:41

TG Wormburner wrote:Maybe this will help since the media embargo was lifted.

1. Nothing was ported over. Everything, tracks included was laser scanned and built from the ground up. You can go back and look at the making of Hockenheim, that wasn't laser scanned.

2. I would much rather have laser scanned tracks that are perfect or really close to perfect than have something like the old ring that wasn't correct.

3. Nothing is ported. It can't be said enough that what we are getting is new in every way shape and form. When you play you will understand and I hope you guys do or you will be missing out.

4. Tracks aren't cheap at all.

5. Two years in the making isn't enough time to get all those tracks back. Probably couldn't even scan some of the Japanese tracks with the problems they had. It takes a long time to create a track, cars take up to 6 months on their own.
Cheers dude

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 20:43

TG Wormburner wrote:and there is something in place to eliminate lobby crashers that worked quite well.
Intresting...

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H bandicoot Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 21:23

I'm sure they had a tough time laser scanning:
Maple Valley,
Fujimi
Positano
Camino
Sunset
Sedona

FUCKSSAKE these aren't even real! How can they be WRONG?
F4H bandicoot
F4H bandicoot

TORA Race Number : 58
Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 21:23

Ok, as a dead hardcore Forza fan, here's where I stand with this.

As Worm said, all the content is technically new. I appreciate that now and there's no doubt that when I buy and play it, I'll appreciate it even more, eyes eager to FM6 and beyond.

Yes, there are less cars and tracks. It takes time to build these things, and there is also limited space on the disk no doubt. However, as it stands, Forza 5 is still perfect for TORA heading into the next generation - It's accessible, popular, inexpensive (cost of console aside), will always work on the console (no technical specification mishaps), and most importantly, the game and XBL is safe and protected, so we won't find any hackers or cheaters in that regard.

There are enough cars and tracks to satisfy the needs of TORA. Yes, it does look like some of our disciplines will go or be replaced, but there is no doubt that DLC will strengthen these in the future as they did in FM4 (the DLC GT cars are what made us go from production models to racecars). TORA doesn't need the 100+ trucks, vans, hatchbacks or classic sedans that FM4 has. We have never used them to a full extent.

Project CARS does look like it could take the throne from Forza here at TORA, but it needs to be accessible. The ability to paint your car on pCARS on console will also be important as that is one of the things that drives the community here. What I will be doing is buying Forza 5 to make do with the next-gen systems until FM6 is released, which will hopefully be a large step up. This should have been expected for a console release.

As it has been said, we are the 1%. In terms of making money, Microsoft and Turn 10 do not care for our individual needs. They need to sell as much product as they can in the first months as possible. It's sad, but it's the truth and it's business. It's why Microsoft is still here today.

What's even sadder is that the 50% of the first-time buyers will just play the game for a few months, perhaps trade it in. "Oh, I like cars" or "Oh, this looks cool" is what gets the non-hardcore sim racers to buy the game. They do not care for physics, tire modelling, race simulation. They just want to drive a Bugatti Veyron really quick, laugh as they hit the AI, and crash into the barriers at Mulsanne, before trading the game in when they haven't played it in a while. In comparison, we've been taking the game seriously for over two years, doing things that the game wasn't even aimed at. We made do with the tools T10 gave us.

Where will TORA go? We don't know, but for now Forza 5 will have to do for what we do here. There is no doubt we will try to expand at some point, but where we go or when that will be is entirely a mystery right now.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 21:27

F4H bandicoot wrote:I'm sure they had a tough time laser scanning:
Maple Valley,
Fujimi
Positano
Camino
Sunset
Sedona

FUCKSSAKE these aren't even real! How can they be WRONG?
Wrong type of clouds.

Only next-gen clouds work on Xbox One.

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 21:30

TG Wormburner wrote:and there is something in place to eliminate lobby crashers that worked quite well.
Leaving Raptors and other SUVs/offroad vehicles out of FM5 would work better as Raptor crashers are quick to hit "Skip Track."

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next