Log in

I forgot my password

Facebook
Instagram
Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 15:02

VVV GunDaM wrote:The reason I'm saying this and that it's not a real launch title is this: The game itself is a slightly modified Forza 4. They didn't have time rework the engine, do any real changes or even add tons of new content. The reason for this is because the time they would have spent making new content or even sapping what little they could from the engine/360, they spent getting their existing engine to just run on X1.

What they did, in all honesty, is take the existing engine, get it to run on X1, hacked in AA (very little as it's unoptimized out the arse) and upped the texture resolution. So, basically, you're playing Forza 4 HD (which can't even run at 60fps. Either the hardware is so weak it just can't run a 360 game with higher res textures or the game is simply a rushjob. Both are possible). What's even worse is the game isn't finished and won't be till after gold. The proof is in the day 1 patch. The game is being pressed on a 55gb bluray disc. Thats almost over 3x what the 360 can hold. Even with all that, they have a required day 1 patch, which the game will not be playable at all if you do not download. The patch is 10 gigs. The dev's have said that this is because they simply couldn't fit all the content onto the disc. If it was just content, the game would still be playable, which the devs have already stated that it won't even launch until this content patch is downloaded. Either it's a work around to get people to do the online check (which was removed) or they dont have engine specific code done. Either way, it's bad.
You're either trolling or don't have the slightest clue what your talking about - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it's the former...

"game that was originally supposed to be on the 360."

Incorrect. Forza 5 was always being developed as a next-gen title - Turn 10 were advertising over 2 years ago for jobs for their 'next-gen' console title.

"The game itself is a slightly modified Forza 4. They didn't have time rework the engine"

Incorrect. Forza 4's game engine will not run on Xbox One. Xbox 360 uses a 32-bit PowerPC architecture which is totally incompatible with the 64-bit x86 architecture used by Xbox One, you can't just port a game over (the fact Xbox 360 and even XBLA games won't run on Xbox One should tell you that). Forza 5 is a new engine, just like Forza 2 was for Xbox 360, in fact it was in development BEFORE Forza 4 even shipped ( SOURCE - Ian Hartman Turn 10 Studio Manager) "It’s a whole new engine, from the ground up, re-architected for the Xbox One and I mean truly re-architected".

"get it to run on X1, hacked in AA"

Incorrect. Forza 4 already uses AA on Xbox 360 (4xAA in time trial and 2xAA in other modes).

"you're playing Forza 4 HD"

Incorrect. Forza 4 was already HD - 720p (1280x720). Forza 5 is Full HD, 1080p (1980x1080)

"(which can't even run at 60fps)"

Incorrect. Forza 4 and Forza 5 are both 60fps in-game.

"The game is being pressed on a 55gb bluray disc."

Incorrect. 55GB Blu-ray discs do not exist, they are 25 or 50GB

"Thats almost over 3x what the 360 can hold"

Incorrect. 360 discs can hold 8GB (so > 6 times more).

"Even with all that, they have a required day 1 patch, which the game will not be playable at all if you do not download. The patch is 10 gigs. The dev's have said that this is because they simply couldn't fit all the content onto the disc."

Incorrect. "Forza Motorsport 5 will not require players to download a day one update before they can play the game after all, Turn 10 boss Dan Greenawalt has said. In the beginning of the game, the player will be racing against Drivatars that are contained on the disc and were trained by the Turn 10 team". The Day One update adds additional cars and tracks which are used in later parts of the career mode.

Maybe check your facts before posting an wildly inaccurate diatribe next time, huh?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by BG Hainesy on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 16:20

Lol, where do these people get there fake information? Rolling Eyes 

+1 Mark
avatar
BG Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1618
Location : Orpington, Kent
Registration date : 2012-02-22
Reputation : 45

View user profile http://www.britishgamers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by KaneGR4 on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 16:22

Like Stan said, no one is forcing you to buy it.
avatar
KaneGR4

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3109
Location : The North/The Falklands
Registration date : 2011-05-30
Reputation : 106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by CQR Jono on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 20:12

Wow Shocked 

I've never witnessed someone be slapped down so comprehensively before - it really is a joy to behold!!

Bravo Mark Cheers 
avatar
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Location : Cheshire, UK
Registration date : 2012-06-06
Reputation : 48

View user profile http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by KaneGR4 on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 20:32

VVV GunDaM wrote:

So basically, have fun downloading a patch that in the same amount of time would get you a good few hours on say Team Fortress 2, knowing full well that while you'll like it initially, you'll be dying on the inside because you bought the wrong racing game. And here's my face when I get banned for 2000 years:
Why would you get banned for stating your opinion and some...err...facts about Forza 5?
avatar
KaneGR4

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3109
Location : The North/The Falklands
Registration date : 2011-05-30
Reputation : 106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by CQR Deuce on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 20:47

CQR Jono wrote:Wow Shocked 

I've never witnessed someone be slapped down so comprehensively before - it really is a joy to behold!!

Bravo Mark Cheers 


avatar
CQR Deuce

TORA Race Number : 914
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 390
Location : Pineville, Louisiana
Registration date : 2012-06-11
Reputation : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by CQR Rogue on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 21:14

CQR MAGiC wrote:
VVV GunDaM wrote:The reason I'm saying this and that it's not a real launch title is this: The game itself is a slightly modified Forza 4. They didn't have time rework the engine, do any real changes or even add tons of new content. The reason for this is because the time they would have spent making new content or even sapping what little they could from the engine/360, they spent getting their existing engine to just run on X1.

What they did, in all honesty, is take the existing engine, get it to run on X1, hacked in AA (very little as it's unoptimized out the arse) and upped the texture resolution. So, basically, you're playing Forza 4 HD (which can't even run at 60fps. Either the hardware is so weak it just can't run a 360 game with higher res textures or the game is simply a rushjob. Both are possible). What's even worse is the game isn't finished and won't be till after gold. The proof is in the day 1 patch. The game is being pressed on a 55gb bluray disc. Thats almost over 3x what the 360 can hold. Even with all that, they have a required day 1 patch, which the game will not be playable at all if you do not download. The patch is 10 gigs. The dev's have said that this is because they simply couldn't fit all the content onto the disc. If it was just content, the game would still be playable, which the devs have already stated that it won't even launch until this content patch is downloaded. Either it's a work around to get people to do the online check (which was removed) or they dont have engine specific code done. Either way, it's bad.
You're either trolling or don't have the slightest clue what your talking about - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it's the former...

"game that was originally supposed to be on the 360."

Incorrect. Forza 5 was always being developed as a next-gen title - Turn 10 were advertising over 2 years ago for jobs for their 'next-gen' console title.

"The game itself is a slightly modified Forza 4. They didn't have time rework the engine"

Incorrect. Forza 4's game engine will not run on Xbox One. Xbox 360 uses a 32-bit PowerPC architecture which is totally incompatible with the 64-bit x86 architecture used by Xbox One, you can't just port a game over (the fact Xbox 360 and even XBLA games won't run on Xbox One should tell you that). Forza 5 is a new engine, just like Forza 2 was for Xbox 360, in fact it was in development BEFORE Forza 4 even shipped ( SOURCE - Ian Hartman Turn 10 Studio Manager) "It’s a whole new engine, from the ground up, re-architected for the Xbox One and I mean truly re-architected".

"get it to run on X1, hacked in AA"

Incorrect. Forza 4 already uses AA on Xbox 360 (4xAA in time trial and 2xAA in other modes).

"you're playing Forza 4 HD"

Incorrect. Forza 4 was already HD - 720p (1280x720). Forza 5 is Full HD, 1080p (1980x1080)

"(which can't even run at 60fps)"

Incorrect. Forza 4 and Forza 5 are both 60fps in-game.

"The game is being pressed on a 55gb bluray disc."

Incorrect. 55GB Blu-ray discs do not exist, they are 25 or 50GB

"Thats almost over 3x what the 360 can hold"

Incorrect. 360 discs can hold 8GB (so > 6 times more).

"Even with all that, they have a required day 1 patch, which the game will not be playable at all if you do not download. The patch is 10 gigs. The dev's have said that this is because they simply couldn't fit all the content onto the disc."

Incorrect. "Forza Motorsport 5 will not require players to download a day one update before they can play the game after all, Turn 10 boss Dan Greenawalt has said. In the beginning of the game, the player will be racing against Drivatars that are contained on the disc and were trained by the Turn 10 team". The Day One update adds additional cars and tracks which are used in later parts of the career mode.

Maybe check your facts before posting an wildly inaccurate diatribe next time, huh?





Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
avatar
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15744
Location : Solihull
Registration date : 2008-08-16
Reputation : 114

View user profile http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by CQR D4N13L on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 22:21

avatar
CQR D4N13L

TORA Race Number : 211
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-06-27
Reputation : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by VVV GunDaM on Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 12:28

Nice going guys, you've given me another reason Im blowing a kiss good bye to Xbox and Forza in general: You're the ones that are buying a new console every time it breaks down after 15 seconds of play time, you're the ones pouring money into a company that WILL sneak in the Digital Rights Management after a peroid of time in an unskippable update; In other words, you're all SHAMELESS arse kissers to the very console that confirms that we wont be in a new generation, but a continuation of the current one, whereby companies dont give a damn about anything except the money. And that is reality. Prove me wrong.
avatar
VVV GunDaM

TORA Race Number : 260
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1084
Location : Luton, UK
Registration date : 2011-03-06
Reputation : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Standaman94 on Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 12:55

Alright then, don't buy it.

All companies are in for the money, that's how business works, that's just the world we live in.







If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.
avatar
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7382
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 165

View user profile http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by BG Hainesy on Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 13:03

Calm down Gundam, I think you've been reading far too many comment sections on Playstation Universe.
Console breaking down every 15 secs? Really? Please post up a vid of that happening.
DRM is only an issue if your name's Captain Pugwash ie like a bit of pirating.
Companies don't give a damn about anything except the money? I'm shocked, I thought all companies made us stuff for the betterment of humankind.
avatar
BG Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1618
Location : Orpington, Kent
Registration date : 2012-02-22
Reputation : 45

View user profile http://www.britishgamers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Guest on Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 13:15

Totally agree Stan and Hainsey!

All 360's were covered for 3 years for the RROD defect, the failure rate on the newer revised model is well within industry norms.

DRM is used very successfully by Steam (you know the PC gaming service with 50 million users and has been thriving for 10 years), Microsoft wanted to bring a similar idea to console gaming, that was the 'next generation' which would have allowed digital game sharing and disc-less play - sadly the uninformed majority who still live in the dark ages wanted to retain the current outdated model, hence the change in policy.

Console companies aren't in it to make you happy and provide free gaming. They re commercial companies that need to turn a profit - a profitable gaming company is a good thing. Console gaming history is littered with failed companies and consoles that were unviable - remember Atari? Sega? Even the mighty Nintendo are in serious trouble with Wii U. Sony are selling every PS4 at a $60 loss at launch, and following Microsoft's business model of charging $50 a year for online play to try and break even or turn a profit. That's the real world, companies have to make money.

Anyway enjoy your Wii U Gundam, lets get back on topic to Forza 5, the first 'next-gen console' sim Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by KaneGR4 on Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 14:35

VVV GunDaM wrote:Companies dont give a damn about anything except the money. And that is reality. Prove me wrong.
avatar
KaneGR4

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3109
Location : The North/The Falklands
Registration date : 2011-05-30
Reputation : 106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Guest on Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 18:47

erm, Gundam....can I ask....where did you get your info from?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Biggsy tv on Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 23:45

As far as I was aware, the term "next-gen" is a game that is on the next set of consoles. If GTA V also came out for Xbox One, it would be classed as a "next gen" game, no?

Regardless, I am purchasing and excited about Forza due to gameplay footage, screenshots and the already epic extra content that has actually been announced, plus alot more which I know is still behind closed doors.

Oh and by the way, yes companies are in this industry to make money, and to think otherwise is just delusional. However, that fact that Turn 10 have Spa, the new Silverstone and Bathurst currently announced with possibly more to be unveiled, I'd say they are putting a fair amount of their profits back into the game for the fans. Do you realise how much the licensing rights to put an F1 track in your game costs.

Hats off to Turn 10, already looking spectacular, and looking forward for more to come!


twitch.tv/Biggsy
avatar
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7476
Location : Cambridge, UK
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Reputation : 142

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by CQR Jono on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 10:03

VVV GunDaM wrote:Nice going guys, you've given me another reason Im blowing a kiss good bye to Xbox and Forza in general:
avatar
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Location : Cheshire, UK
Registration date : 2012-06-06
Reputation : 48

View user profile http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Biggsy tv on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 12:50

Gundam, some of these responses you see are due to the fact that you haven't been very active on the forums as of recent times, and your first post here is basically telling everyone how stupid they are for being excited about a game.

Bearing in mind that this community was founded upon a certain console and game. It would be like going on Rooster Teeth saying Halo sucks.

Whatever, when you come here to seemingly rile up a big response then of course people will retaliate in a negative way towards you. So when you say "this is the reason I'm leaving Xbox and Forza", the responses you see are your own doing due to your slating Forza post in the first instance.

To everyone else, I think our opinion of Gundams strong views on this next gen title is clear enough, shall we get on with the discussion please?


twitch.tv/Biggsy
avatar
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7476
Location : Cambridge, UK
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Reputation : 142

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Biggsy tv on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 12:51

Are there any hints to this weeks cars?


twitch.tv/Biggsy
avatar
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7476
Location : Cambridge, UK
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Reputation : 142

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Standaman94 on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 13:06

Aye

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t10677p100-official-forza-motorsport-5-carlist#254947







If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.
avatar
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7382
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 165

View user profile http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by VVV GunDaM on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 13:29

CQR Jono wrote:
VVV GunDaM wrote:Nice going guys, you've given me another reason Im blowing a kiss good bye to Xbox and Forza in general:
Don't mind me Jono, I've already left! Have fun with the game that requires DLC to FINISH it and a console that'll sneak DRM back in via an unskippable update. Very Happy Oh, and excellent to see you've stooped to LOLCAT levels of humour, top dollar job mate.

Nice to know I've engaged the XBOX Defense Force though!
avatar
VVV GunDaM

TORA Race Number : 260
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1084
Location : Luton, UK
Registration date : 2011-03-06
Reputation : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Matt on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 14:41

Aaaannnnnnd back on topic soon please Smile



avatar
Matt
jenson09

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14260
Location : Cullompton
Registration date : 2008-08-05
Reputation : 127

View user profile http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by KaneGR4 on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 15:31

So what is everyone wanting the next track reveal to be? Monza, Daytona, Brands Hatch? I'd like to see the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi. Even if it is another one of these 'Tilke-dromes' I really like the layout.
avatar
KaneGR4

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3109
Location : The North/The Falklands
Registration date : 2011-05-30
Reputation : 106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by CQR Myles on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 15:36

The Birmingham Superprix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Superprix
avatar
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Location : Bern Switzerland/ Redditch England
Registration date : 2013-02-06
Reputation : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by LMR Zakspeed on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 17:07

Kilroy8 wrote:So what is everyone wanting the next track reveal to be? Brands Hatch, Brands Hatch, Brands Hatch? I'd like to see the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi. Even if it is another one of these 'Tilke-dromes' I really like the layout.
Fixed it for you Wink 
avatar
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Location : Ríocht na Midhe, Éire
Registration date : 2012-07-19
Reputation : 23

View user profile http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by BG Beanz on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 17:13

LMR Zakspeed wrote:
Kilroy8 wrote:So what is everyone wanting the next track reveal to be? Brands Hatch, Brands Hatch, Brands Hatch? I'd like to see the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi. Even if it is another one of these 'Tilke-dromes' I really like the layout.
Fixed it for you Wink 
Very good! lol! 
avatar
BG Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 2661
Location : Birmingham, England
Registration date : 2012-02-22
Reputation : 77

View user profile http://britishgamers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum