TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview

+3
Ax4x Kane
CQR Rogue
CQR Jono
7 posters

Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview Empty Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview

Post by CQR Jono Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:39

Well - I managed it!! After spotting a tweet from the official Forza Motorsport account yesterday announcing that the Xbox One Tour Test Drive was at The Arndale Centre in Manchester there was only one thing I was doing today. With the day off work, the kids dropped off at school and the missus packed off to work I hit the road. Thankfully it's only a short (ish) drive and tram ride away so I made it there by mid-morning.

The truck was set up in the middle of Manchester's busiest shopping centre (shopping mall for the Yanks Very Happy  ) and I was slightly worried I'd be waiting forever. However there were 4 screens running FM5 and 2 running FIFA 14  Rolling Eyes  - thankfully most of the kids wanted to play/watch FIFA!!

Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview BXu4o1ACYAEl-z3

So - Xbox One/Forza 5, what are they like?!?

I think this guy sums if up perfectly:-

Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview Its-gonna-be-awesome

I'll start with the controller - it's a huge leap forward from the 360 pad. Although it's slightly larger & bulkier than the 360 controller it feels instantly comfortable and familiar. It sits well in your hand with everything where it should be but with a more 'quality' feel to the buttons/sticks.

Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview 10556595145_e1d7a3770a_z

The vibration/feedback effects are excellent which definitely increase the immersion in to the action. Every little break of traction can be felt, every rumble strip vibrating through your finger tips. Whilst you're taking in all of these new feelings you're also blown away by the graphics............WOW, the graphics!! The lighting effects are amazing and everything is so clear and crisp. I've not been sold by Dan Greenawalt's favourite 'orange peel' paint effect that he keeps bleating on about - and now I've seen it up close and personal I can confirm it's been completely over done. I've worked in a bodyshop and if anyone calling themselves a professional painter produced a finish like that they'd be fired  Laughing  All in all though your senses are in for a treat, the only thing I couldn't accurately report on is the sound........shoppers are far too noisy these days  Evil or Very Mad

So then, the bit you've all been waiting for..........how do the cars drive?!? Well, it's fair to say we'll have some re-training to do because this is no Forza 4.5!! The handling of the cars is far different than what we're used to - in fact in my first race I struggled to keep the Ford Focus ST on the track  Embarassed  I had made a bit of a mistake by choosing manual w/clutch as I haven't used LB as the clutch for years - as such my first lap was a messy mix of crunched gear changes, locked brakes and visits to Laguna's gravel traps!! I had turned off everything bar the braking line and even though the Focus is a lower powered car it was still a handful. Thankfully, for my 2nd race I remembered to just select the standard manual box and I actually looked like I knew what I was doing...........which was a relief as I had attracted a bit of a crowd, well - a smattering of 13 year old kids  Very Happy

With the assists off and a manageable gearbox the car felt much better but the brakes still needed a gentle touch. It was obvious it was a standard, un-tuned car but it was enjoyable nonetheless. After leaving the AI for dust I decided to move things up a notch and try out the Ferrari F12  Twisted Evil  What a fantastic car, quite well planted but easily capable of biting your ass if you take liberties - I only had 1 race with this car as a poor young lad had been waiting patiently to have his go. The car wasn't scary with all assists off but it would be quite easy to end up facing a wall - something a few other players were managing frequently.

Although I loved getting my hands on the game I'm now sat here weeping as 22nd November seems so far away  Sad

P.S. - If anyone wants to know FIFA looked pretty enough but it's still only the 2nd best console football game Cheers 
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:46

wow cheers Jono cant wait
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 - A Hands-On Preview

Post by CQR Jono Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:48

No probs Duncan - just thrown FM4 on to practice for TCC tonight, it doesn't feel the same now Sad 
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:54

I saw them tweets too. I think they were in Newcastle yesterday. Don't think they're coming to Leeds Sad If they did I bet I'd have work as well Razz
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:15

Kilroy8 wrote:If they did I bet I'd have work as well Razz
This is exactly what sick days are for Cheers lol! 
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:32

I saw the Xbox Tour map, and seems like they are avoiding anywhere in the east like the plague. Nearest location is 70+ miles away!
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:36

I think they're worried their kit will get nicked Razz
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:38

But Liverpool isn't in the East Razz
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:52

Should of worn your Xbox-Green-Mankini Jono, would of guaranteed you as much game time as you wanted. Very Happy 
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:56

the controller looks the shizzle ...... ohh and nice sausage thumb Wink
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 15:53

As ive posted on CQR forum already, my view after it came to liverpool :

Graphics are brilliant, got told loading times will be better on final console its set to full to try show it off in its highest detail.

Gameplay - Really unsure, Now I dont know if this is because of the new feel but pad felt smaller to me over current gen. Was one lap around Laguna so waited 2-3minutes for it to load for a 1 minute lap. Tried all different assist options and was not impressed with the handling, felt like there was no weight in the car so back end just spins no matter how slight the turn input. The left hander after the corkscrew for example off power in 4th barely any input and the Mclaren spins out. TCS, ABS and Normal steering seemed best way to get any sort of lap time out of it but even with ABS you dab the brakes and are straight on, couldnt seem to link up a smooth line so looked like the usual casual E3 gamer vids lol.

Triggers tried three different screens and each felt different to each other. Again I dont know if this is purely a setup issue or if it is just not continued the same per console, Some you could feel others barely there. I did notice on the dashboard when I cheekly closed the game there was a option for controller update so could have old firmwere on each one.

Not gonna cancel my pre-order but not as happy with the feel of it as the hype has built up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013 - 18:28

Kilroy, they were in leeds on the 26th. Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 31 Oct 2013 - 19:25

Ah well I was actually working until 10pm on that day as well Razz
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down