TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

+41
CQR Basher
Ax4x Chaddy
TFR Magic
RBHMScarhand
totlxtc
CQR HABURi
SorrySmithy
aggerdo
Slider S15
GTR Mike V
Amarth
Richy59
GLR mar B ond
LastNewtStandin
Mavrick 0
PLOW tubbi
Turbo Power 77
CQR Vapor
Ax4x Cowboy
Standaman94
Beanz
CQR NEON
I Ray P Dave I
BG Wumba
CQR Myles
CQR Rogue
TheAngryPudding
Ax4x Mikey J
theboomeranga
LMR Sahara
TG Wormburner
Koenigsegg R
Ax4x Kane
CQR Jono
TPR Watkin
Ax4x Bandit
TLR Scrublord
CQR Aero
CQR Deuce
JAMIE ANDERS0N
CQR D4N13L
45 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion Empty MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by CQR D4N13L Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:00

If the Volvo isn't 'competitive', then why has it had the most wins?

And if you want to best your chances, why swap to a car slower than the SEAT?
CQR D4N13L
CQR D4N13L

TORA Race Number : 211
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:00

The Volvo has had the most race wins of any car this season and is joint championship leader. You had the option to change car midway through the championship, as clearly stated in the rules. So if you were unhappy with your cars performance, that was your chance to change, not take advantage of a loop-hole in the rules to substitute yourself into a more suitable car for a specific track. All CQR's championship contenders have stayed in the same car for the entire season, I believe that's the correct way for a driver and team to conduct themselves.

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - General Discussion

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:10

I would feel that subbing for a different team to stand a better chance to win the drivers championship defines the reason for a subbed team driver.

The reason that rule was bought in is so due to a team still standing a chance in the team championship if one of there drivers is unable to take part in a race. So as in a team looking for a driver to sub for one of there drivers for there team and not a driver in a team looking to sub for another team to change car to stand a chance of winning the title.
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:10

It also says in that paragraph that a substitute driver "may only score points for the team they are driving for".

Koenigsegg R wrote:
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - Rules and Regulations wrote:The substitute driver can come from an existing team, privateer, or any other friend. A substitute driver may only score points for the team they are driving for in any particular race, and must remain in a single car/team for an entire race meeting.
Then this sentence shouldn't be in the rules.

At the moment it does state that a substitute driver can come from an existing (team) entry.
In the other paragraph that Haydo quoted it says that a substitute driver is eligible to score points for the drivers championship.

TG Haydo wrote:For the length of the entire series, a team may make use of substitute driver if a full time driver cannot make a meeting. This substitute driver is eligible to score points for the drivers championship, and towards the point for the team they are driving for that meeting. A team has a maximum of 2 substitutes per season. Any further substitutes, and the replacement driver will not score points for the team they are driving for. Substitute drivers must be made aware to the series runners before commencing the race meeting itself.
So which is it?
CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce

TORA Race Number : 914
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:14

As it stands, changing would not be against the rules (sorry for suggesting otherwise earlier - I was going by my mental rulebook rather than actually checking it!).  It's grey areas and loopholes (usually relating to car design in real racing) that real racing teams sometimes find their winning edges.  They're usually reviewed and the rules amended accordingly after the fact. Whether you agree with the "morality" or not Haydo is free to sub as per the rules as they stand today.

One thing that's not been explicitly said though Haydo - you can't fill an empty slot in a team, you must be "replacing" someone (i.e. substituting for another driver).  I can't see anywhere who Haydo is planning to sub for.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:16

Actually, I believe it breaches TORA's Sporting Regulations. Haydo has categorically stated that he's changing car to 'best his own chances of winning', not to help another team out.

"T1b) Club Members behavior –

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Other forms are willfully using non-performance technicalities to hurt another competitor’s point standings to the benefit of one’s own"

A loop-hole in the rules allowing a driver to hop cars would seem to be a 'non-performance technicality'.

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:21

CQR Deuce wrote:It also says in that paragraph that a substitute driver "may only score points for the team they are driving for".

Koenigsegg R wrote:
MSA TORA TCC Season 8 - Rules and Regulations wrote:The substitute driver can come from an existing team, privateer, or any other friend. A substitute driver may only score points for the team they are driving for in any particular race, and must remain in a single car/team for an entire race meeting.
Then this sentence shouldn't be in the rules.

At the moment it does state that a substitute driver can come from an existing (team) entry.
In the other paragraph that Haydo quoted it says that a substitute driver is eligible to score points for the drivers championship.

TG Haydo wrote:For the length of the entire series, a team may make use of substitute driver if a full time driver cannot make a meeting. This substitute driver is eligible to score points for the drivers championship, and towards the point for the team they are driving for that meeting. A team has a maximum of 2 substitutes per season. Any further substitutes, and the replacement driver will not score points for the team they are driving for. Substitute drivers must be made aware to the series runners before commencing the race meeting itself.
So which is it?
To quote the rule in full, and then clarify:

- Substitute Drivers

For the length of the entire series, a team may make use of substitute driver if a full time driver cannot make a meeting. This substitute driver is eligible to score points for the drivers championship, and towards the point for the team they are driving for that meeting. A team has a maximum of 2 substitutes per season. Any further substitutes, and the replacement driver will not score points for the team they are driving for. Substitute drivers must be made aware to the series runners before commencing the race meeting itself.

The substitute driver can come from an existing team, privateer, or any other friend. A substitute driver may only score points for the team they are driving for in any particular race, and must remain in a single car/team for an entire race meeting.

This basically means that the driver scores DC points for themselves and TC points for the team they are driving for in that round. The final two sentences are there to clarify that the TC points are for the team the driver is driving for in that round (if they have come across from another team to substitute for the round). e.g. I drive for CQR Prodrive. If I switch to CQR Fusion for a round, I score points for myself, and CQR Fusion, NOT Prodrive for that round, and then in theory go back to Prodrive again for the remainder of the series.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:22

I'm not intending to sub for a newly created team just for a round. The plan is to swap to a team that needs a driver, (a team that has been competing all season). It may not be for the team championship but for a team that has been competing all season and wants to finish higher in the championship
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:23

Yeah my brain finally caught up!Laughing Embarassed Cheers Aero!
CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce

TORA Race Number : 914
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:24

Completely contradicting your earlier post where your reason for changing car was 'to best your own chances of winning'. Now you're trying to hide that under the smokescreen of helping out another team, no?

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:26

TG Haydo wrote:I'm not intending to sub for a newly created team just for a round. The plan is to swap to a team that needs a driver, (a team that has been competing all season). It may not be for the team championship but for a team that has been competing all season and wants to finish higher in the championship
As I said, you need to replace a driver in that team to be "substituting" for them....
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:26

I think this calls for a rule change for next season involving substitute drivers.

Any driver (registered or not) can substitute for another team UNLESS they are a regular driver that is eligible for the championship.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TPR Watkin Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:37

CQR MAGiC wrote:Apparently allowed by the TORA rules, but completely against the spirit of them. Wish I'd swapped cars and substituted every round now if that's how people want to race:

Silverstone - sub in Megane
Catalunya - sub in Cupra
Tsukuba - sub in Cupra
Mugello - sub in Lexus
Sunset - sub in Honda
Nurburgring - sub in Megane

= Champion

Or, everyone could just race the car they signed up in and take the good tracks and bad tracks for a car as they come.

Sorry Haydo, changing cars now you've already had your good rounds is unsportsmanlike behaviour.
Hmmm 5 out of the 6 races seem to be dominated by fwd like you have just said yourself. His volvo is not up there because its not quick enough. TBH I don't care I think it's pathetic how serious you all take it crying about who's car is faster. Maybe you should all pick the same car next season no excuses if your that bothered who is " FASTER". Its a game I understand that you want to play competitive but calm down. Just sounds like people don't want haydo on the same car because he will beat them
Maybe they should jump in a volvo! Good night

TPR Watkin

TORA Race Number : 902
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:38

My previous post doesn't say anything about me not doing it for the driver's championship but saying I intend on going for a team that has been competing all season. As for switching cars mid season I already said that my teammate wanted to stay in the volvo. I wanted to switch car & if I knew he wasn't going to show I would have changd
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:38

TG Haydo wrote:I'm not intending to sub for a newly created team just for a round. The plan is to swap to a team that needs a driver, (a team that has been competing all season). It may not be for the team championship but for a team that has been competing all season and wants to finish higher in the championship
I was happy to sit it out and let this run it's course but you appear to be committed to tying yourself in knots now.

I have publicly and privately given your team a huge amount of credit for being so competitive in the Volvo - it may statistically be the strongest car in the field but there are very few people that could have done so well in it.......for that you should be applauded. I would even have been happy to applaud you for spotting the loophole in the rules, even though I find the idea of taking advantage of it deplorable. However, if you want to now try and convince me that this 'subbing' idea is for any other reason than to give yourself the best chance of winning the Drivers Championship then I will lose all respect for what you have achieved so far......come on, you've even said this is the reason earlier in this thread Laughing 

If you had a clear conscience you would not now be trying to backtrack and hide behind this sudden 'I'm helping out another team' idea you've decided to concoct. If you were only concerned with the team you are supposedly helping out then you wouldn't have wanted to clarify the rules regarding Drivers Championship points in the first place Wink 

We all knew the track list and car list before the season started, we all chose our cars accordingly - I've never been a supporter of allowing people to change cars mid-season but if it's in the rules then so be it. As MAGiC has pointed out your idea contravenes the TORA Code Of Conduct but if the decision is to allow you to 'sub' then I'll carry on regardless.

At the end of the day we are a group of like minded people playing a computer game, supposedly for fun Cheers
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:42

TG Haydo wrote:My previous post doesn't say anything about me not doing it for the driver's championship but saying I intend on going for a team that has been competing all season. As for switching cars mid season I already said that my teammate wanted to stay in the volvo. I wanted to switch car & if I knew he wasn't going to show I would have changd
I think this post did not help

TG Haydo wrote:All I want is the chance to compete with CQR for the title, as opposed to watching them running away with all 3 spots on the podium!
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:43

TPR Watkin wrote:
CQR MAGiC wrote:Apparently allowed by the TORA rules, but completely against the spirit of them. Wish I'd swapped cars and substituted every round now if that's how people want to race:

Catalunya - sub in Cupra
Tsukuba - sub in Cupra
Mugello - sub in Lexus
Sunset - sub in Honda

= Champion

Or, everyone could just race the car they signed up in and take the good tracks and bad tracks for a car as they come.

Sorry Haydo, changing cars now you've already had your good rounds is unsportsmanlike behaviour.
Hmmm 5 out of the 6 races seem to be dominated by fwd like you have just said yourself. His volvo is not up there because its not quick enough. TBH I don't care I think it's pathetic how serious you all take it crying about who's car is faster. Maybe you should all pick the same car next season no excuses if your that bothered who is " FASTER". Its a game I understand that you want to play competitive but calm down. Just sounds like people don't want haydo on the same car because he will beat them
Utter rubbish. The Volvo has been the most successful car in the championship with 6 wins. The Volvo was 0.7s quicker than the SEAT at Sunset. Did I complain, No. It's part of the championship - one car is good at one track, another is good at the next. To hop cars now that the Volvo has encountered a 'weaker' track is against the spirit of the championship, even if the rules (via a loophole) allow it. Again, I believe it breaches the TORA Sporting Regulations, those surely supercede any individual championship rules and should be rigorously enforced.

Last edited by CQR MAGiC on Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:45; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:45

We have a spec championship if you wish to settle the differences there? Laughing

I can sense Beanz holding back his memes Razz
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:47

I do wonder what would have happened if Nurburgring was Round 5 and Sunset was Round 6.

Kilroy8 wrote:I can sense Beanz holding back his memes Razz
lol! 
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:47

Kilroy8 wrote:We have a spec championship if you wish to settle the differences there? Laughing

You're completely missing the point, this isn't about one driver trying to prove their better than another, it's a driver willfully using a loophole in the regulations to improve their own chances, to the determinant of other competitors. This clearly breaches the TORA Sporting Regulations, has anyone bothered to read them lately? Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:49

CQR MAGiC wrote:
Kilroy8 wrote:We have a spec championship if you wish to settle the differences there? Laughing

You're completely missing the point, this isn't about one driver trying to prove their better than another, it's a driver willfully using a loophole in the regulations to improve their own chances, to the determinant of other competitors.

But Red Bull do that every year.

CQR MAGiC wrote:This clearly breaches the TORA Sporting Regulations, has anyone bothered to read them lately? Rolling Eyes 
Yes. I've been forced to read them Razz
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR D4N13L Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:56

Kilroy8 wrote:
CQR MAGiC wrote:

You're completely missing the point, this isn't about one driver trying to prove their better than another, it's a driver willfully using a loophole in the regulations to improve their own chances, to the determinant of other competitors.
But Red Bull do that every year.

CQR MAGiC wrote:This clearly breaches the TORA Sporting Regulations, has anyone bothered to read them lately? Rolling Eyes 
Yes. I've been forced to read them Razz
Red Bull find loopholes to benefit the team as a whole, not an individual driver. Both Webber and Vettel have the system that emulates TCS, not just one of them. That benefits the team as a whole, not just one of them.
CQR D4N13L
CQR D4N13L

TORA Race Number : 211
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 0:02

Forget it Neutral
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 0:03

Kilroy8 wrote:Forget it Neutral
Good idea - shame it got brought up in the first place Wink 
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TPR Watkin Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 0:10

CQR MAGiC wrote:
TPR Watkin wrote:

Catalunya - sub in Cupra
Tsukuba - sub in Cupra
Mugello - sub in Lexus
Sunset - sub in Honda

= Champion

Utter rubbish. The Volvo has been the most successful car in the championship with 6 wins. The Volvo was 0.7s quicker than the SEAT at Sunset. Did I complain, No. It's part of the championship - one car is good at one track, another is good at the next. To hop cars now that the Volvo has encountered a 'weaker' track is against the spirit of the championship, even if the rules (via a loophole) allow it. Again, I believe it breaches the TORA Sporting Regulations, those surely supercede any individual championship rules and should be rigorously enforced.
Lol seat shows up twice the car you would have picked. Not once did you pick the volvo. I am sorry to say buddy but your talking "UTTER RUBBISH" Very Happy

TPR Watkin

TORA Race Number : 902
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next