TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

PRO Endurance - General Discussion

+36
TechnologicMau5
x Gashi x
F4H Spartan
Senna
richard1973
Pro Man
F4H FACEPALMER
MattF3P
SorrySmithy
CreamyTastey
F4H Xyloto
Capt10 Morgan
F4H Krux
Simply Law
Rebel Whitey
MAB170294
LSR SCHIWO
Zeta0085
LMR Hybrid
MaynardMK4
Windcharger8199
BG Wumba
KZX Spider
BAM Python
Freheliaz
F4H Button
HCR Bellmond
Michengigan
Bob Dixon 76
ART Carrera
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Rogue
F4H Lotterer
F4H Hakkinen
CQR Myles
Richy59
40 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: PRO Endurance - General Discussion

Post by F4H Xyloto Fri 16 May 2014 - 16:30

But it says that all other assists would be allowed. Isn't that technically an assist? Sure, you lose time shifting, and are slightly faster off the line, which surely you would lose over an hour or so of racing.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: PRO Endurance - General Discussion

Post by CreamyTastey Fri 16 May 2014 - 16:35

after reading through this, I have to say that i'm struggling with the clutch, I don't know weather to Lift off and shift or 'Clutch pop' I think it's called. Any advice please? Thanks
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 16:41

It's simulation so don't clutch pop. During lift off you should wait till the right rev range to drop down as you may cause engine damage. Under braking I make my shifts personally.

I remember the switch over years ago guys. It really is very very easy and it's a simple case of rewiring your brain and coordination. It's like getting a new phone and you learn the new layout and buttons. There are huge benefits to using the clutch for all of you. I have been racing for years at these sites and I always assume there is a forced clutch. Actually I found ABS off much harder. The clutch is the same motion, you're just pressing two buttons instead of one in the same motion.

We used to do JGTC and there was no assists, no line, no TCS, no nothing. That was very hard but it finally brought me from a low level to the next one in terms of ability. I strongly suggest you guys try your best to grasp it. Don't limit yourself. Once again all my opinion. Have yet to speak with Martin but assume the rules still apply
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Fri 16 May 2014 - 16:45

Thank-you, I now have to go and do some brain re-wiring, wish me luck lol
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Fri 16 May 2014 - 16:52

Your experience is very different from mine... ABS was no problem for me to master at all! I know the advantages of using clutch, but, like I said, in this level of racing the differences are too minute to really matter. If we were racing, say, E-class Mini's or something, yeah, I could see using clutch. I think it would be one thing if I could balance the clutch and gas, like in a real car, instead the clutch being on or off as in Forza using a controller. I cannot say anything about other leagues, as this will be my first race, but I will say that I am here for good racing! Thank you for taking the time to listen to my concerns, and I'll see you on the track!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 17:48

I've had a conversation with the guys. The rules won't be changed from what we originally intended/started out with. For the race, CLUTCH will be enforced for competitors.

Sorry guys Sad But trust me, stick at it and you'll get it! It'll improve your times and ability as times go by
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Fri 16 May 2014 - 20:23

Anyone available for Quali?
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Fri 16 May 2014 - 20:28

You can do it in Rivals, if you wish! You just have to be in a place where you cant change stuff during the lap!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Fri 16 May 2014 - 20:29

Already done an R class lap though
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 20:32

You can still do it Wink Just select a rival and go lap against him. When you pause, both times show Smile
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 20:33

F4H Rosso, F4H Trash - Both are online I believe also
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Fri 16 May 2014 - 21:50

were running practice lobbys if anyone wants to Q in here we have collisions off , just shoot me a message via xbox for a invite.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Michengigan Fri 16 May 2014 - 21:55

Shocked We have to use clutch. I've literally just started getting used to manual. I attempted to try manual with clutch and was absolutely useless. If this is an enforced rule, then unfortunately I'm going to have to pull out as I haven't got enough time to practice manual/clutch and I don't fancy attempting it during a race situation. Which is a shame as I was really looking forward to this series.
Michengigan
Michengigan

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Fri 16 May 2014 - 22:17

Swap the clutch button to A from LB, then when changing gear press both its easy and reduces lap time
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Michengigan Fri 16 May 2014 - 22:36

MYLES PR0WER wrote:Swap the clutch button to A from LB, then when changing gear press both its easy and reduces lap time

I've already done this, and yes, in theory it does make it easier. But when you're not used to shifting at all to begin with, it got me nowhere with regards to my lap times. As I said, I have just recently started getting used to just manual.

Michengigan
Michengigan

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Fri 16 May 2014 - 22:38

smithaldo wrote:
MYLES PR0WER wrote:Swap the clutch button to A from LB, then when changing gear press both its easy and reduces lap time

I've already done this, and yes, in theory it does make it easier. But when you're not used to shifting at all to begin with, it got me nowhere with regards to my lap times. As I said, I have just recently started getting used to just manual.

Yeah, it is a big jump. Just gotta put the time in I'm afraid!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 22:42

smithaldo wrote:

But if you're learning manual then why not learn both? It really is the same action
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by Michengigan Fri 16 May 2014 - 22:51

F4H Chrisupra wrote:
smithaldo wrote:

But if you're learning manual then why not learn both? It really is the same action

I attempted to, and kept ruining the engine because of my shifting. As someone who has to drive an automatic in real life I've never had to learn when the right time to shift up/down is in the rev ranges, so it's a completely new concept to me. So learning to use manual without clutch was an interesting experience for me anyway. But then putting in the clutch as well, well, as I said, I was ruining the engine/gearbox in the game. And the thought of doing this in a series would give me no enjoyment at all. Especially as I'm not one of the faster racers on here anyway. So to be even more off the pace doesn't appeal to me.
Michengigan
Michengigan

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 22:54

No problem at all. In fairness the rule was omitted from the rules somehow but is mentioned in The Foreword and in the Qualifying rules. I really think you'd benefit from this and honestly, it doesn't take weeks to get this. A week or two and then you could enjoy the majority of the series but it's up to you. I don't drive at all in real life and never even had a drivers licence so I wish I could relate to you being used to automatic.

I'd recommend you to persevere for your own benefit because once you learn it, it's done and you won't have the issue ever again and you'll be faster.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Fri 16 May 2014 - 23:00

F4H Chrisupra wrote:No problem at all. In fairness the rule was omitted from the rules somehow but is mentioned in The Foreword and in the Qualifying rules. I really think you'd benefit from this and honestly, it doesn't take weeks to get this. A week or two and then you could enjoy the majority of the series but it's up to you. I don't drive at all in real life and never even had a drivers licence so I wish I could relate to you being used to automatic.

I'd recommend you to persevere for your own benefit because once you learn it, it's done and you won't have the issue ever again and you'll be faster.

People learn at different speeds and plus for some people it can feel really unfortable, i think it took me a few weeks to get used to it on FM4 and on 5 i find it near impossible to use
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Fri 16 May 2014 - 23:03

Yeah, as you saw, I fought the rule, but I learned it in about an hour and now am back up to my qualifying pace! I thought it would be bad, but its not. Try putting your thumb in between the buttons, and hitting them at the same time. Also, listen for the engine to know when to shift. You know how it sounds when it reaches around the redline and shift then! Good luck!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by MattF3P Sat 17 May 2014 - 0:02

I have a quick question. This is going to be my first race in the TORA community and I was curious on who will be hosting the lobby for the race? And will we receive game invites before hand?

Thanks

Matt
MattF3P
MattF3P

TORA Race Number : 87
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sat 17 May 2014 - 0:11

This is all determined tonight. You will find out tomorrow morning Smile
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Sat 17 May 2014 - 0:48

I just made the switch from auto to manual w/clutch last week. (also first time i ran without ABS and STM, lol) Someone pointed out that you really don't need to let off the gas, then hit clutch, then shift (like normal). Just use a bigger part of your thumb to hit both buttons together the same way you would hit one button with manual and there is absolutely no difference. I've noticed on SOME cars (mostly lower class cars), it does ping the revs, but on the BMW, it isn't even noticeable. I ran about 50 laps with damage on and my engine and transmission had 0 damage. I ran a few laps with manual no clutch and they were all slower times. Anyway, just give it a shot for maybe an hour or so and you should start to get the hang of it. Especially if you are already using manual. Just thought I'd point this out in case anyone struggling didnt know and was trying to drive a clutch like normal like i was. Hope it helps.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

TORA Race Number : 426
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by MattF3P Sat 17 May 2014 - 5:08

Making some last minute practice laps tonight and I finally hit my first sets of 1:59's!  Very Happy  Feeling so happy right now.
MattF3P
MattF3P

TORA Race Number : 87
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next