TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

PRO Endurance - General Discussion

+36
TechnologicMau5
x Gashi x
F4H Spartan
Senna
richard1973
Pro Man
F4H FACEPALMER
MattF3P
SorrySmithy
CreamyTastey
F4H Xyloto
Capt10 Morgan
F4H Krux
Simply Law
Rebel Whitey
MAB170294
LSR SCHIWO
Zeta0085
LMR Hybrid
MaynardMK4
Windcharger8199
BG Wumba
KZX Spider
BAM Python
Freheliaz
F4H Button
HCR Bellmond
Michengigan
Bob Dixon 76
ART Carrera
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Rogue
F4H Lotterer
F4H Hakkinen
CQR Myles
Richy59
40 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: PRO Endurance - General Discussion

Post by F4H Xyloto Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 1:44

To be honest Cap'n, I think it's easier if you just hold your line instead of trying to get out of their way!  Surprised 
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: PRO Endurance - General Discussion

Post by Capt10 Morgan Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 5:01

cardsrule96 wrote:To be honest Cap'n, I think it's easier if you just hold your line instead of trying to get out of their way!  Surprised 

Oh I know. I'm just saying on such a tight course, they are going to be trying to squeeze their way into some tight places. I just had a bad race at Road Atlanta "rubbing" with some LMPs. Just wanted to point out that a little more communication could go a LONG way on this track! I never had a problem with any of the LMPs that gave me a heads up they were about to pass, even if it was in some tight places. It was always when I was on the outside, then went to turn into the apex and "oh crap! there is an LMP trying to squeeze in here." I tend to get lapped more than others  Rolling Eyes  so on occasion, I would stick to the line, but if I was racing an LMP to a turn, I actually let them know a couple times I would just slow down a tad early so they could pass me right before the turn. Only slowed me a fraction (if any really, cause I was actually able to get more speed coming out than usual) and avoided a collision all together. Not saying we should always sow down to let them pass, but on a tight track like this, I think communication is going to be the key to a good race for everyone. Then again, I'm just a newb who still needs to learn how to race!  Embarassed 
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

TORA Race Number : 426
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CredibleWizard Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:14

Been doing some practice laps in the BMW for this and agree with what people are saying regarding passing, Im sure if people communicate on where they are coming past it can be done cleanly enough.

looking forward to it, but have no idea if im anywhere near other people's pace around here (GT class). Does anybody have any laptimes I can compare myself to? I am in the 22-23s I think after a 30 lap race I did last night.
CredibleWizard
CredibleWizard

TORA Race Number : 67
Wii Xbox One

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://craracing.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:16

I'm at a 21.4 as my fastest, but race pace wise in the 22's.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:29

There is only one way about this and we (LMP drivers) just have to wait until we get a stretch of tarmac to pass which is the straights. If you're stuck behind a GT car going into turn 1 then you're stuck there behind him until turn 4/5 and anything otherwise is a risk.

Hitting the 12's in LMP atm but I really have only done a handful of laps.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CredibleWizard Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:29

cardsrule96 wrote:I'm at a 21.4 as my fastest, but race pace wise in the 22's.

Cool, I have quite abit of work to do then lol
CredibleWizard
CredibleWizard

Wii Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:34

I just hope we get new sign ups or the current sign ups to actually show up. We get a full lobby anyway of racing but having another full lobby would be great. The FM5 community is too small right now with too many racing series going on.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonal Keidec Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:39

Will there be a series 2? Im picking fm5 up next week but am abit late for this series and especially dont wanna wreck anyones evening at longbeach as i wont of had much practice etc
Colonal Keidec
Colonal Keidec

TORA Race Number : 235
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:40

CredibleWizard wrote:
cardsrule96 wrote:I'm at a 21.4 as my fastest, but race pace wise in the 22's.

Cool, I have quite abit of work to do then lol

I'm still working on it too, very inconsistent, and not in the rhythm of the track yet. And definitely not happy with my tune yet!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:42

F4H Chrisupra wrote:I just hope we get new sign ups or the current sign ups to actually show up. We get a full lobby anyway of racing but having another full lobby would be great. The FM5 community is too small right now with too many racing series going on.

Yeah, it's no fun when we qualify 2 semi full lobbies and then have to combine them on race day due to people literally not showing up and not telling us. I enjoy racing in a full lobby, but would rather have a more than one semi full/full lobby!!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:56

colonel keidec wrote:Will there be a series 2? Im picking fm5 up next week but am abit late for this series and especially dont wanna wreck anyones evening at longbeach as i wont of had much practice etc

I can confirm that there will be a series 2 with new tracks and new cars for selection. Some things will change but the core of the series will remain. It'll still be endurance and spec based. The rules and assists will not change for the most part or maybe they won't change at all. When do you get FM5?

Also we are planning a bonus round for this season which WON'T affect the standings. It'll be called a bonus round but treated as a seperate event. Details to be announced. The ring will be the track of choice
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 15:00

there probably not balanced but i took a stock viper around her and got a 20
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 15:04

That's the problem we have. We would love to add more cars but I've seen hordes of the community (me including) get disheartened and complain about cars not being balanced. The other option have is to add more cars but you only race against people in the same car (while on track with other manufacturers).
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by CredibleWizard Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 16:23

Hmm.. It is a difficult one I suppose, you could do like a pro and am class maybe got different levels of car in GT but then the numbers aren't there to make it a viable option.

I look forward to the bonus event. Just wish I could tune haha
CredibleWizard
CredibleWizard

Wii Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 16:33

You could also balance only a small set of cars and call it a 'class'. For instance, if the Viper and Corvette are very similar when balanced, put them in a class. Then put, say, the Bimmer and the Aston in another. Just brainstorming though!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 16:38

F4H Chrisupra wrote:
colonel keidec wrote:Will there be a series 2? Im picking fm5 up next week but am abit late for this series and especially dont wanna wreck anyones evening at longbeach as i wont of had much practice etc

I can confirm that there will be a series 2 with new tracks and new cars for selection. Some things will change but the core of the series will remain. It'll still be endurance and spec based. The rules and assists will not change for the most part or maybe they won't change at all. When do you get FM5?

Also we are planning a bonus round for this season which WON'T affect the standings. It'll be called a bonus round but treated as a seperate event. Details to be announced. The ring will be the track of choice

Funny, last night I was thinking about posting in the community thread and asking if a bunch of people wanted to get together for an informal race on the ring. I REALLY need to tear myself away from it and start practicing Long Beach!
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

TORA Race Number : 426
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 16:45

I'm the exact same. Done about 20 laps so far and none are clean. I'm pushing too hard but it'll happen eventually. I reckon we will go spec classes again for it
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 17:06

Yeah the R18 and the M3 will most likely be used for this just to play out the season , but we are open for ideas for a second season.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonal Keidec Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 22:27

F4H Chrisupra wrote:

Should be picking it up next wednesday as i am off work for 5 days Smile im up for any kind of endurance lol, just gotta practice with clutch as never used it before, also which ring option you using, the n24 version or just the ring?
Colonal Keidec
Colonal Keidec

TORA Race Number : 235
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 22:58

Everyones talking about cutting the yellow bumps but what is the rules on using the pit exit for turn one.
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 22:59

I RickyTan I wrote:Everyones talking about cutting the yellow bumps but what is the rules on using the pit exit for turn one.

Was literally about to ask that.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 12 Jun 2014 - 14:33

Turn one and the yellow line - i'm willing to allow this for qualifying and the race. I think it's a different issue than say, Sebring so it's all good.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Thu 12 Jun 2014 - 16:43

Agreed.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Thu 12 Jun 2014 - 17:08

iv seen crashes there where someone has been coming out of the pit and then gets rear ended by someone trying to gain a few tenths crossing the pit exit
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Thu 12 Jun 2014 - 17:10

I think it'll be okay... It isn't called "Pro" endurance for nothing. As long as the communication is clear, we should be good.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next