TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

PRO Endurance - General Discussion

+36
TechnologicMau5
x Gashi x
F4H Spartan
Senna
richard1973
Pro Man
F4H FACEPALMER
MattF3P
SorrySmithy
CreamyTastey
F4H Xyloto
Capt10 Morgan
F4H Krux
Simply Law
Rebel Whitey
MAB170294
LSR SCHIWO
Zeta0085
LMR Hybrid
MaynardMK4
Windcharger8199
BG Wumba
KZX Spider
BAM Python
Freheliaz
F4H Button
HCR Bellmond
Michengigan
Bob Dixon 76
ART Carrera
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Rogue
F4H Lotterer
F4H Hakkinen
CQR Myles
Richy59
40 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: PRO Endurance - General Discussion

Post by F4H Lotterer Sun 11 May 2014 - 21:52

Maybe try jumping in a GT team you get the benefit of a team tune then .
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

PRO Endurance - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: PRO Endurance - General Discussion

Post by LMR Hybrid Sun 11 May 2014 - 23:06

so just to be sure. a time on the leaderboard is allowed for qualifying aswell as the picture method
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sun 11 May 2014 - 23:12

Yes
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Tue 13 May 2014 - 2:00

F4H Trash wrote:Maybe try jumping in a GT team you get the benefit of a team tune then .

Yeah, I think you are right! I searched for keyword TORA downloaded a tune from BDR Highlander which was from before race brakes (806 instead of 807) and immediately cut 4 seconds off my laptime after 2 laps! Unfortunately, I cant get a good clean one yet, lol. I was thinking of joining a team, but I don't want to hold other people back with my extreme newbness, lol. I will just tough it out and do what I can for the first one. But I think I will probably go ahead and enter, even if I can't crack the LB. Just figure I will fly solo for my first time out so I don't drag anyone else down with me. Thanks for the feedback!
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

TORA Race Number : 426
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Thu 15 May 2014 - 12:53

guessing everyones waiting last minute to pop their times in lol
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Thu 15 May 2014 - 13:26

Pretty much Laughing 
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Thu 15 May 2014 - 14:22

I'm just busy study 
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Thu 15 May 2014 - 16:31

If a driver doesn't qualify do they have to start behind the BMW's just like real life?
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 15 May 2014 - 16:52

I've experienced this before and I doubt we will enforce that. You'll start at the back of the LMP field. GT cars have enough to be dealing with at the start without an LMP stuck up their rear Smile
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Thu 15 May 2014 - 16:55

thanks for clearing that up mate, i was just wondering as Im not qualifying for this race Smile Very Happy
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 15 May 2014 - 17:21

That happened to me at Sebring 2013 - I was put at the back of the entire grid in lobby 1 and by the time I got clear of the GT cars the lead LMP car was so far ahead it sucked the motivation out of me. Seemed utterly worthless to continue so I still want people to feel like they've a fighting chance
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Thu 15 May 2014 - 23:03

So WHEN exactly are we supposed to type "IN" in a race?  Day of?  Or week leading up?  Sorry, not sure.  Thought it was supposed to be like a last minute confirmation that yes, you will be there.

Also, you don't have to run each race, right?  I ask both questions because I really want to do this series, but I'm throwing a party tomorrow night and not sure if I'll have enough time to prepare after the race. 

So 3rd question actually... what kind of guesstimate would you say these races will typically take?  meaning the WHOLE process?  Race starts at 8, we should be done by what time?

Sorry, but I really want to race this weekend, just don't want to commit and then back out or have to quit or something like that.  And this happens to be my first, so I don't have much to go on as far as time either.  Hope you don't mind the questions.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Thu 15 May 2014 - 23:24

You are automatically signed in to the race when you submit your qualification time by the looks of it
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Fri 16 May 2014 - 8:15

If you don't want to or can't qualify just type IN like I have,
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 13:00

Cap10MorgueN wrote:So WHEN exactly are we supposed to type "IN" in a race?  Day of?  Or week leading up?  Sorry, not sure.  Thought it was supposed to be like a last minute confirmation that yes, you will be there.

Also, you don't have to run each race, right?  I ask both questions because I really want to do this series, but I'm throwing a party tomorrow night and not sure if I'll have enough time to prepare after the race. 

So 3rd question actually... what kind of guesstimate would you say these races will typically take?  meaning the WHOLE process?  Race starts at 8, we should be done by what time?

Sorry, but I really want to race this weekend, just don't want to commit and then back out or have to quit or something like that.  And this happens to be my first, so I don't have much to go on as far as time either.  Hope you don't mind the questions.

You sign 'IN' the week leading up to the race and/or when you see the sign in thread. You don't have to run each race but 4 out of races done is considered a complete series. I think the race tomorrow will be 75 minutes in total. We expect to be starting pretty close to 8pm GMT. We don't wanna hang around
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Fri 16 May 2014 - 15:08

Can we have a review of the clutch rule please, i understand it could be seen as an advantage should you spin but in race testing last night with clutch i clipped a wall and ended yp stranded on the track which resulted in being collected by guess who came round the corner not knowing where id ended up, whereas if we were allowed just manual then i wouldve have been able to get off the track before they arrived. Also some of the new guys cant use clutch and with it only being forced recently they havnt had sufficent time to learn it which would be a major disadvantage. If someone chooses to run clutch they should be aware of the issues that comes with the benefit of faster gear changes and if like other tora championships we are given the choice it makes the championship a more open to people of all abilities.
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 15:12

I'll talk with our unit about this. It's just one those things however. We allow all assists for qualifying but we want to make things a little more challenging in the race. It really comes down to personal opinion and goals of the championship in which we want people to learn. They will miss out of a host of championships if they don't adapt a simple system (using clutch). I see people reaking the benefits of this more over.

I will however speak to the guys and not base the decision on my opinion alone.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Fri 16 May 2014 - 15:24

I understand that my biggest concerns really are though spas not too bad but if someone spins at long beach its going to be disaterous for a few people, also ive got a few guys in my team who have never used clutch before and since the rule was added they havent had time to learn it enough to even match there times set without clutch.
I think if the rule does have to stay, you should let people run without it in spa but introduce it for round 2 to allow people to learn it

Thank for looking into it, appreciate it
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Fri 16 May 2014 - 15:39

I fail to see the supposed "advantage" you would get for using manual.There is no advantage to not using clutch: it's slightly faster to use it! However, if you are just going to end up a big hazard because A)you are 5 seconds off your pace, B) you are spinning out everywhere and being a roadblock, I think it should be allowed. The real cars have it, and the differences are too minute, in my opinion.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 15:48

For now I wouldn't assume it to be changed unless you hear otherwise. I've never seen an issue with accidents regarding clutch. Most of the time it's people re-entering the track badly and causing issues.

The only advantage I can see with manual ONLY is you can pull off straight away but we really want everyone on the same page. It really is very easy to clutch (use the A button) and I can't see how someone could be 5 seconds slower? :s
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Fri 16 May 2014 - 15:50

Because using the clutch feels very awkward(believe me, I've tried to learn it both ways). It doesn't suit my style at all, so I end up WAY off.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 15:52

I'll talk to the relevant people but I can't guarantee. The tournament did start with this rule in place also. Anyway leave it with me
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Fri 16 May 2014 - 16:01

It doesn't really say it in the rules... It says "- Collisions during all races will be on, and set with Simulation Damage. the ABS and STM will be forced off but other assists will be allowed." I didn't know about it until yesterday!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Fri 16 May 2014 - 16:08

F4H Chrisupra wrote:
You sign 'IN' the week leading up to the race and/or when you see the sign in thread. You don't have to run each race but 4 out of races done is considered a complete series. I think the race tomorrow will be 75 minutes in total. We expect to be starting pretty close to 8pm GMT. We don't wanna hang around

Thanks!  Sorry everyone has had to nurse me along, lol.  I just want to make sure I get things right for my first time.  And as I said, I really didn't want to commit then back out and had no idea what to expect.  I pretty much have a 2 hour timeframe tomorrow and it fits perfectly around this event, so looks like I'm in!  I really appreciate all the help!  Looking forward to tomorrow.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 16 May 2014 - 16:23

This was an error it seems. In the qualifying rules it does say:

1.For the F4H Pro Endurance Championship we will be trying a new qualifying procedure this will put your qualifying time entirely in your hands , for the first time we will be allowing drivers to qualify themselves with no ruling on what assists are used so if you feel like using the auto brake you can but do take note that on race days ABS and STM will be forced off and the CLUTCH will be enforced.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next