TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

+33
SorrySmithy
Eycd
Ax4x Cowboy
CQR Deuce
xVampirAx
Ax4x Chaddy
Hainesy
D4NINHO
CQR NEON
II AntR II
CQR Jono
Ax4x Bandit
LMR Zakspeed
TheAngryPudding
FSR Groves
F4H Lotterer
RumbleBee 392
rainonef1
Turbo Power 77
F4H Button
Colonal Keidec
Ax4x Kane
TweekPunx
F4H Xyloto
Speed Dem0n 64
LMR DarthMario
CQR Rogue
Richy59
Matt
CQR Myles
theboomeranga
MaynardMK4
Standaman94
37 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by theboomeranga Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 7:24

ok, read trough a few pages and here is my perspective, sorry in advance if i disrespect someone, not intended to.

Chris, I agree, FM5 is the way forward for TORA. The content is has is gradually getting better (cars and track wise) althought for TORA it does lack in some important aspects, as discussed many times. but it will get there, I do have SOME faith in T10, not a lot, but some.

However, I agree with everyone else. There is a huge demand for 4 still, so everyone needs to be pleased, so just leaving the 360 guys to rot isn't a good image for TORA. And I'm not at all saying that that is what you said, but some people are not fortunate enough to have forza 5 or the xbox one yet, as for me at launch it was $700, which is a lot of money for a lot of people for a game that at the time was half done.

and I agree with what Kilroy said. There could have been MANY forza 5 series ran while cars were Balanced, V8s, Indy Lights, Indy, F Ford, F1 etc. however staff were too busy to run the series hence it may seem that Forza 5 is 'neglected' compared to Forza 4. The main reason being, new game, new classing, a whole new ball game, compared to something that has shown it's worth over 2 years and is still going strong.

Next gen is the way forward for online racing without a doubt. But at the moment, a steady foundation needs to be made and so far is looking very slow, but will no doubt improve as more people make the switch
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 10:27

I totally agree both games need support, but the support is still there for FM4 the huge demand should have people wanting to step in and fill shoes as staff switch over to the new console. The problem you've got is every site is winding down the FM4 support I.e. final series before the console launches in remaining countries, but TORA are not getting chance to move on and work a way in which to continue support FM4.

I for one would love to just turn round and offer to run and organise a new FM5 championship but my shift rotation just doesn't cater for it so I can't offer that support. A lot of people will be switching in the coming months with final console launch phase done but at the rate in which its going TORA isn't a option to stay with once switched, that is why the numbers seem low here at the moment as everyone has had to go elsewere for any next gen content.

I hope TORA sort themselves out and nail both games being supported but the main focus needs to switch, as with everything in life you give the competitor the edge they will always be a step ahead which I'm sure is not something everyone on this site wants TORA to feel like. A step behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 12:14

I agree with Trash, the sooner FM4 dies the better - it was a good game in 2011 but I was bored of it after playing it for 2 years. The FM4 player base here is on the decline with around 100 active FM4 players left racing here now, what are the other 2900 TORA members doing? There seems to be this incorrect assumption that because people aren't racing FM5 here that it's been a flop - no, it's a been a flop at TORA, not in the wider community. Public hoppers are buzzing, other sites are attracting 50-60+ entries for multiple series and FM5 has already sold 1.5 MILLION copies and has the highest attach rate of any Forza game.

People who've never played the game seem to feel the need to continually bash it and post incorrect information and Chinese whispers that they've 'heard' - how about you actually play it instead? The lobby system for example is far superior to FM4 - I've hosted thousands of races since 2008 and would much rather do so on FM5. As you all very well know, on FM4 you can only invite a couple of people at a time and then have to wait until they are in otherwise it bounces them out, and this goes on and on until you struggle to get everyone in the lobby. Then you have people with NAT conflicts who can't get in. Then you have a 100 friend limit and can't add them to your friends, or THEIR friends list is full and you can't send them a request.

Forza 5? Simply follow each player who's racing (unlimited followers), press Menu, select EVERY player in one go and Invite to Game. Simple as that, and I've had no-one be unable to connect due to NAT issues (dedicated servers seems to have resolved that issue). And that's just one example of the 'misinformation' that keeps being spread by the FM5-hate brigade that frequents this place - and that's why many people don't want to race Forza 5 here, it's a hostile and unwelcoming place to come and race and there are better alternatives elsewhere.

Those complaining about the cost are simply whining about the cost of being a gamer or sim racer - I paid £299 to play Forza 2 back in 2008 (which is £362 inflation adjusted), XB1 now starts from £349, so it costs less now to get into Forza 5 than it did to get into Forza 2. It's not like it just appeared out of nowhere, XB1 was announced 14 months ago and many of us used that time to save up, cut back on spending on 360 so we could make the investment for next-gen. If others didn't do that then that's their problem for not planning their spending accordingly. XB1 is a GREAT platform to get into for racers - FM5, Forza Horizon 2, Project CARS (and no doubt FM6 in 2015) - if you don't want to be a part of that, then that's your loss frankly. Meanwhile, we'll all continue enjoying awesome racing like this, in race cars, on laser scanned tracks, with dedicated servers, while you sit here trolling the Forza 5 threads, enjoy!

(Oh, and just for the record, if you change what someone wrote and paraphrase it, it's no longer a quote is it? #Journalism101  Rolling Eyes )

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 12:23

Its funny that people are happy to be all nice when they want paints and then continue to slag off ALL of CQR when we all have our own opinions, Just because a few members have voiced opinions that you guys don't seem to like, don't go slating CQR as a team. You don't see me slagging off the whole of your teams. The problem is that many still use Forza 5's shaky start as an excuse and then refuse to try and work with it, many still don't know how the hell to do things and then because of it, call it [Censored]. Its called learning a new game guys. Im pretty sure we've all done it at some point. I'm not saying kill off Forza 4 and i don't think anyone else is in here, but Forza 5 isn't getting the support it needs. its a really great game once you get stuck into it. But some of the running of the series for forza 5 has been a shambles and that's why its failed, not the game itself. Im sure TORA can run series on both Forza 5 and Forza 4 but with the game being out nearly 9 months, its getting boring hearing the same old excuses.
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by D4NINHO Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 12:39

its simple, find somewhere that races the console you own, dont [Censored] about sites dropping it just go elsewhere, for me i own the xb1 so i will race on sites that have xb1 series, if you own a 360 then race on sites that have series for that console.

there are tons out there that hold races for each console and even some that hold series for both, rather than get upset just move sites, then everyone's happy.

i may be a little simple but so is the answer to this problem,lol
D4NINHO
D4NINHO

TORA Race Number : 480
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 12:40

Literally the only problem I've had is actually connecting to a server, but that was in the earlier days of FM5, where you would accept an invite, but then get thrown into a random lobby for no reason.

I'm not saying kill off FM4, because I do understand that it's a great game, and that many people are not ready for the step up. I fully agree with Magic, people love to hate on Forza 5, but have never played it! It's a great game, just have to get into it first!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 12:45

@d4ninho - that's what's already happened dude, people have left TORA and gone elsewhere to race FM5.

@cardsrule96 - yes that was the original party system where game session and party were linked, which they changed back in February I think it was so now party and game session are independent of each other Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 12:51

CQR MAGiC wrote:@d4ninho - that's what's already happened dude, people have left TORA and gone elsewhere to race FM5.

@cardsrule96 - yes that was the original party system where game session and party were linked, which they changed back in February I think it was so now party and game session are independent of each other Smile

Okay! Thanks Magic!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 13:09

No more excuses TORA needs to run big focused series on 5 (of which I hope will happen)
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 13:11

No issue with more staff effort towards FM5. Do have an issue with basically being suggested that we [Censored] off elsewhere if we dont want to run FM5. If your life revolves around sim racing that much that you're happy to spend 350 on a console 50 on a game and undoubtadly mega money on a rig of some description (if not now soon) then thats fine, but dont spout off the big one making anyone who hasnt got it feel like a second class citizen.

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 13:19

no 1 has suggested that forza 4 will still have championships and races here all me martin and others are saying focus will be on 5 from our point of view
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 13:23

Michael was referring to people who have told him to do this over private message Duncan
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 13:28

It is what it is im going to go make some more goofy assed videos Smile

F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 13:34

What the heck
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 13:39

F4H Trash wrote:It is what it is im going to go make some more goofy assed videos Smile

Passed me like a boss hey? Well you were in an LMP lol

Just on another note, From what's happening behind the scenes at TORA, the near future is very exciting for FM5 racers  Very Happy 
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 13:41

That's great to hear Devil, about time this game got the attention it deserves, it's awesome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 13:44

CQR MAGiC wrote:That's great to hear Devil, about time this game got the attention it deserves, it's awesome Smile

I agree
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 15:01

In my view I'd keep the focus mainly on FM4 till Project Cars is released and we know whether that's a viable racer of choice over FM5. Could end up embracing FM5 only for a matter of a few months before switching to PCars if it plays,and has the media and lobby setting needed, as well as it looks. A few months gives people more time to upgrade, thus having more participants per series.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 15:06

Its had attention for some time.

Since S11 flopped the staff have hired guys and created a FM5 test team who have pushed on with creating a better FM5 experience for our FM5 drivers. Its maybe taken time but we have acted to make this site a better place. Due to S12 testing being the main focus, the TCC testing will happen as soon as staff/test team are happy with S12 cars, actually ideas already being put to the staff for FM5 TCC.

FM4 will always have championships if the numbers allow it, maybe not official as in season 12 GTs or season 10 TCC but we will still have races of TORA's best championships just under a different name, although TASCAR could well stay on FM4.

I for one am going to call for this FM4/FM5 bricking to stop its clearly stated that TORA will run both. Yes the FM5 game is better as in handling and graphics but FM4 is still loved by many in this community.

Lets just focus on our own console's and enjoy them.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 15:17

^ +1
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by xVampirAx Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 15:53

this post has been changed since it upset too many people.

Last edited by xVampirAx on Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 16:35; edited 1 time in total
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

TORA Race Number : 222
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 16:04

CQR MAGiC wrote:Those complaining about the cost are simply whining about the cost of being a gamer or sim racer - I paid £299 to play Forza 2 back in 2008 (which is £362 inflation adjusted), XB1 now starts from £349, so it costs less now to get into Forza 5 than it did to get into Forza 2. It's not like it just appeared out of nowhere, XB1 was announced 14 months ago and many of us used that time to save up, cut back on spending on 360 so we could make the investment for next-gen. If others didn't do that then that's their problem for not planning their spending accordingly. XB1 is a GREAT platform to get into for racers - FM5, Forza Horizon 2, Project CARS (and no doubt FM6 in 2015) - if you don't want to be a part of that, then that's your loss frankly. Meanwhile, we'll all continue enjoying awesome racing like this, in race cars, on laser scanned tracks, with dedicated servers, while you sit here trolling the Forza 5 threads, enjoy!

People can't afford to save up for a console sometimes. Last year I was on full time earning £940 a month. Living at home, without a car, I had £800 of that free to myself. So it was very easy for me to be able to afford an Xbox One. Now things aren't so easy. Hours have been cut back to minimum, I own a car (I'm sure you'll know about the ridiculous insurance costs for teenagers) and the company is struggling. I barely manage to break even a month now, all my money goes on things I have to pay out, phone contract, insurance, petrol, board etc. I can't put any money aside for anything at the moment. So to say it's their fault for not saving up just seems a bit ignorant really. It's great that money is not a problem for you, and seemingly never has been. Unfortunately not everyone is so lucky. I know you didn't mean for it to come across as "you can't afford it, tough luck", but I can see why it does come off as that which narks people.

This is a hobby for some of us. Not a lifestyle.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 16:05

Edit: Double Post
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 16:11

I worked 6 overtime shifts in one month to afford my Xbox One,not because I run my life around it, far from it. I spend most days out watching Motorsport and photography is my latest hobby but I also like to come home and be up to date knowing I'm racing/shooting whatever game I wanna play on the latest technology. Moneys tight but bills just put a downer on life, I'd rather spend a bit and live on a tighter budget knowing I've got something to show for my money not just a car insurance document and monthly bills landing on my door step.

That's a choice I made and many more of you may not see the draw of the new console but its like HDTV and standard Def at launch, no one could really see the difference as they didn't know enough about it but give it time and it becomes apparent as to why people adopted to it early. The price will continue to drop but its already seen quite a significant drop so I expect it to hold that value until at least 2015.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 16:13

This is a thread for discussing Forza 5 - if you can't afford it or don't like it then I don't really know what you're doing posting here in the first place, other than to troll and hassle those that DO want to play it. RainoneF1 came in here asking for help and advice, and myself, Duncan and some others tried to help him out - and as always the FM5-haters use it as an opportunity to bash the game, my club and my team mates yet again, truly pathetic.

If RainoneF1 (or any other people interested in Forza 5 or next-gen sim racing) has any more questions or wants to discuss gaming in an adult way, then you're very welcome to post in our Forza 5 discussion thread here - http://cqrclub.co.uk/forum/m/5201082/viewthread/8906029-forza-motorsport-5-discussion/post/73003756 - it's pointless posting here anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next