TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA 2015 Announcement

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 Empty TORA 2015 Announcement

TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 Tora_b11

TORA Offices - 3/10/14

Today TORA is proud to release details of it's initial 2015 activities. For the first time, TORA participants will be able to take part in championships featuring the best British circuits on the much anticipated new title, Project CARS from this Winter.

Why Project CARS?
TORA has always strived to bring the most realistic racing championships available.
We firmly believe that Project CARS provides us with a unique opportunity to not only bring new championships to the virtual racing community but also work with the best national and international series to represent them in the virtual sphere.
With a huge raft of real word circuits maticulously recreated and dozens of cars, Project CARS allows us to build on our expanding virtual racing world.

With that in mind we are proud to present two of our anticipated championships for Slighty Mad Studios' new title, Project CARS, starting in Winter 2015.

TORA GT Championship 2015
For the first time in TORA history, the premier GT series will take place on Project CARS. Based on the highly competitive British GT Championship, TORA GT brings together high powered sports cars with the most challenging circuits Britain has to offer.
The championship has a long standing link with TORA as it was the original inspiration for the TORA GT Championship, now entering it's 13th season.
The TORA British GT Championship will bring together cars from Audi, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Ginetta, Mercedes, Nissan and Porsche (RUF) to compete at Britain's greatest circuits.

TORA President Matt Hunter;
"As the inspiration behind TORA's founding series, the opportunity to emulate the fantastic British GT Championship for the first time with the real cars and circuits is a massive opportunity for us.
We hope we can take this opportunity to show real and virtual fans alike why the British series is the best domestic sports car series in the world".

TORA Endurance Championship 2015
The 2015 TEC will make full use of Project CARS' full weather and day/night cycles to bring even more realism to the endurance events and it's associated coverage.
TORA will also be bringing new events to console racing for the first time.

Daytona 24 - The iconic opener to the US racing season arrives at TORA for the first time on Project CARS. Entrants will also be able to enjoy the preceding 'Roar Before the 24' test, all in real time and with full weather and time transition.

Bathurst 12 - This relative newcomer to the endurance calendar has captured the imagination of sports car fans all over the world and attracted some of the world's best to compete in this gruelling once around the clock event to conquer Mount Panorama.

Le Mans 24 - TORA's blue ribband event returns with full weather and day/night transition. Prepare for the focussing experience of nearly 200mph on the Mulsanne Straight at the dead of night. This race is going to be special!

Spa 24 - The premier racing event for GT3 and GT4 cars makes it long awaited debut at TORA. The weather in this region of Europe is notoriously fickle and rain is a constant threat. Can you tame Eau Rouge at night?

Silverstone 12 - The home of British motorsport and TORA's spiritual home, Silverstone plays host to the 12hrs multiclass race in Britain's early Autumn.
If the race is anything like the last two encounters this will be yet another classic.

Nurburgring 24 - The 2015 TORA racing calendar will conclude with the most challenging race of the year. Twice around the clock at the most iconic racing circuit on the planet.

The media output will continue to be a mix of our excellent in house talent and the experienced staff at Downforce Radio to whom we offer our thanks for their continuing involvement and support. TORA members can expect some particularly exciting developments in this area as we explore the options open to us with full twenty-four hour coverage of some of the world's greatest endurance races.

More news and championship details will be announced closer to the release of this much anticipated title.

Last edited by Matt on Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 15:01; edited 1 time in total

TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 EwVLgo3
TORA 2015 Announcement  - Page 2 Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

TORA 2015 Announcement :: Comments

XPR Roadrunner

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 6:52 by XPR Roadrunner

I think he's talking about Daytona.

Back to top Go down

CQR Myles

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 11:32 by CQR Myles

I just want to point out that the X1 version of the game is the exact same as the PC version, this isn't a port as they share the same architecture, the X1 version is just heavily optimized to work on its specific hardware (and its giving the higher PC versions a run for it's money) and communicate with Xbox Live, same with the PS4 version and PSN. My point is that the PC footage is a valid representation of the game, and there is a ton of it from races to UI vids, the only difference is the amount of cars on circuit for online and that hasn't yet been finalized. This issue with Forza is that we didn't know anything about it beyond the track list and car list, I still remember watching Briggs Twitch stream on release and the astonishment everyone had when we discovered that there were no replays for multiplayer, this is simply not the case for PCARS

Back to top Go down

CreamyTastey

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 11:35 by CreamyTastey

MYLES PR0WER wrote:I just want to point out that the X1 version of the game is the exact same as the PC version, this isn't a port as they share the same architecture, the X1 version is just heavily optimized to work on its specific hardware (and its giving the higher PC versions a run for it's money) and communicate with Xbox Live, same with the PS4 version and PSN. My point is that the PC footage is a valid representation of the game, and there is a ton of it from races to UI vids, the only difference is the amount of cars on circuit for online and that hasn't yet been finalized. This issue with Forza is that we didn't know anything about it beyond the track list and car list, I still remember watching Briggs Twitch stream on release and the astonishment everyone had when we discovered that there were no replays for multiplayer, this is simply not the case for PCARS

Thanks for writing that, and I'm glad that they both (Pc & X1) are the same... I can't wait!

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 11:36 by Matt

One thing I would like to know is whether SMS are evaluating the Live servers as an MP option for X1 as I understand they are having to consider P2P due to PSN constraints.
While not a game breaker in the slightest, it's one of those 'would be nice' additions.

Back to top Go down

CQR Myles

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 11:58 by CQR Myles

I don't know but from the issues with Forza 5's mid race rubber banding and Titanfall's slow matchmaking (they did manage to fix it though) with Azure if they did do go with them it may not be sunshine and daisies.

Back to top Go down

DonatedSatyr227

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 13:01 by DonatedSatyr227

I think TORA is making the right decision by making the move to PCARS as Forza 5 is not what you call... a world class racing game.

Back to top Go down

LMR DarthMario

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 13:20 by LMR DarthMario

its not exactly a "Move". we'll still support FM5, and run pCARS as well. to say we're moving isnt right.

Back to top Go down

F4H Lotterer

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 13:23 by F4H Lotterer

Much the same as everyone thought we were leaving FM4 and just look there are still FM4 events going on.

Back to top Go down

CQR Myles

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 13:40 by CQR Myles

These series are mostly for the TEC, which is 1 section of TORAs series. Although I do expect rapid interest for other series after everyone gets there teeth into it

Back to top Go down

F4H Lotterer

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 13:47 by F4H Lotterer

I have played many builds of P Cars and will hold my hands up and say once this game is released i will not be putting FM5 back in the disc drive.

Back to top Go down

RumbleBee 392

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 16:11 by RumbleBee 392

Look, FM5 can support GT and TEC just fine. To say the next game will host the "Main" Series is a move. We don't know how the replays work or if there is live streaming, and for all we know, it may may work just like FM5.

And to add, we know there isnt a livery editor which ends any attempt to keep the virtual supported teams around.

Also current rumor on lobby counts is 10 different car model max, whether or not that's less or more, it is something that should of been considered before any announcement of any kind was made.

Look, for what its worth. Cars will probably be better than Forza 5, but not the direction the community thinks.

And i fear a statement like this is going to drive away more members away again, just like what happened a year ago.

Back to top Go down

TLR Scrublord

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 17:02 by TLR Scrublord

Wheelwash has hit the nail on the head here, no point getting your hopes up that pCars is going to be some sort of super game when we just don't know how the game will cope with the rather specific needs we have to run an adequate series.

Back to top Go down

CQR Myles

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 18:11 by CQR Myles

XPR Soundwave wrote:Look, FM5 can support GT and TEC just fine. To say the next game will host the "Main" Series is a move. We don't know how the replays work or if there is live streaming, and for all we know, it may may work just like FM5.

And to add, we know there isnt a livery editor which ends any attempt to keep the virtual supported teams around.

Also current rumor on lobby counts is 10 different car model max, whether or not that's less or more, it is something that should of been considered before any announcement of any kind was made.

Look, for what its worth. Cars will probably be better than Forza 5, but not the direction the community thinks.

There are replays and they last more than 30 minutes , you can spectate a race that you are in although you obviously you can't be on track and technically all games have live streaming because of Twitch

There is no livery editor, yet. Although each car has 20 or more livery's which are all race based so it is unlikely you'll be stuck with a car with a bad color scheme or one that clashes.

Also 10 different car models is false as there is the option in single race & multiplayer where you can run any car you want and there are clearly more that 10 car models in the game.

Forza 5 is a hopeless racing game and offers community's little

Back to top Go down

DonatedSatyr227

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 19:56 by DonatedSatyr227

I would not say Forza 5 is a hopeless racing game but its definitely not a great one but Turn 10 need to bring everything they got for Forza 6.

Back to top Go down

RumbleBee 392

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 21:30 by RumbleBee 392

Thanks for the corrections, but the fact is we don't know for sure. No one has played the consoleconsole version enough to genuinely say if pCars is better for the community than Forza 5.

Cuz Forza 5 has finally started to show some promise after a year of working with game.

Back to top Go down

LMR Sahara

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 21:39 by LMR Sahara

IIRC, isn't Daytona supposed to be DLC and won't be at launch? [EDIT: ignore that it's already been pointed out.] Regardless, for those saying that this isn't a smart move because of what the situation was with FM5, keep in mind that at this point we know a LOT more information about PCARS than we ever did with FM5 prior to launch.

Back to top Go down

LMR Deftone MX

Post Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 23:41 by LMR Deftone MX

I'm seeing people not sharing the optimism they did for Forza 5 prior to it coming out. However, we have to be ready for a change of plans if something unpredicted gets in the way.

Back to top Go down

TLR Scrublord

Post Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 0:42 by TLR Scrublord

Just play FM4 it's the daddy for what we do!

Back to top Go down

CQR Myles

Post Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 0:55 by CQR Myles

No because F4 is like Ridge Racer compared to PCARS

Back to top Go down

LMR Hybrid

Post Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 3:02 by LMR Hybrid

kittens are cute

Back to top Go down

Zeta0085

Post Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 4:45 by Zeta0085

I'd prefer bunnies, oddly enough Smile

I'll be around for F4 and F5 in terms of photos/available streams. I know, I'm pretty far behind.

Back to top Go down

Hailfire97x

Post Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 10:18 by Hailfire97x

MYLES PR0WER wrote:No because F4 is like Ridge Racer compared to PCARS

You and Trash seem to be the only ones who have any concrete experience with the game. Sorry if the rest of us are a little skeptical, but we've been burned over this in the past. I know Forza 4. I like it. The physics are good, the carlist is relatively-expansive, and there are "enough" tracks to keep me happy for series like TORA runs.

Hell, TORA staff raved about how "great" Forza Horizon (1) was when it came out. 3-ish months later, no one I know ever touched the game again.

I've had actual racers try telling me the NASCAR games are good. Ha. Hahahaha.

Sorry if I'm a little slow to accept others' words as fact before there is a publicly-released example of any kind. If Project CARS had a demo out there I could try, I'd try it. I might even LIKE it. Until then, anything anyone else says is hearsay.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 10:36 by Ax4x Chaddy

Listening to Richy I'm not getting my hopes too high but I think a move from Forza is good.

Back to top Go down

skyshadow5

Post Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 10:54 by skyshadow5

Hailfire97x wrote:
MYLES PR0WER wrote:No because F4 is like Ridge Racer compared to PCARS

You and Trash seem to be the only ones who have any concrete experience with the game. Sorry if the rest of us are a little skeptical, but we've been burned over this in the past. I know Forza 4. I like it. The physics are good, the carlist is relatively-expansive, and there are "enough" tracks to keep me happy for series like TORA runs.

Sorry if I'm a little slow to accept others' words as fact before there is a publicly-released example of any kind. If Project CARS had a demo out there I could try, I'd try it. I might even LIKE it. Until then, anything anyone else says is hearsay.

Pretty much sums it up for me.
I joined TORA whilst playing FM4; FM4 does what we need for a league racing site (with a very few minor exceptions like replays not long enough, no day / night changes for endurance) but FM4 is on a last gen console and it does a bloody good job all told. FM5 cannot do what FM4 does for the purposes of TORA league races and although I cancelled my XB1 and FM5 pre-order at the 11th hour (and glad that I did) many friends who initially raved about it are now hardly touching it and have come back to FM4 because it is simply a better game for league racing purposes. A lot of FM4 enthusiasts were burned when they cashed everything in and went headfirst into FM5 and have been regretting it since.

Now we have a new contender on the block in the form of Projects C.A.R.S. and although I have read a lot about it and seen many videos it will not be until the full game (demo's will only ever show good things, look at FM3, that was a joke & there was no demo for FM5 'cos they know the game was a pile of poo to begin with), is in our hands will we know how good it is for the likes of TORA. I for one will hope it does everything we need, but will hold off buying my Xbox One and the game until I have read gamer reviews (not the biased game journo reviews) specifically TORA member reviews of what the game is like. OK, I may miss an event whilst waiting, but I'd rather wait than risk being burned.

~sky~

Back to top Go down

F4H Lotterer

Post Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 12:47 by F4H Lotterer

Granted FM5 is not what we had hoped for but we still managed to work with the tools that we had and with that in mind CARS offers us a whole new platform to use much the same as events using Grid and possibly FH2 at a later date .

Im not going to try and force my opinions on anyone as everyone will have there own but from my personal point of view P CARS has everything that i look for in a racing game "Racecars" and a extensive track list something that Forza is lacking in both departments so for me i look forward to a new challenge.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next