TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

VAG Trophy Vote

+13
HCR Skodaboie
jonnotheone
KZX Spider
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Cowboy
Matt
CQR CHRiS
CQR Rich
SVR Solar
BG Wingnut396
Ax4x Chaddy
CQR MAGiC
Standaman94
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

VAG Entry Regulations

VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Vote_lcap40%VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 12 ]
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 15 ]
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Empty Re: VAG Trophy Vote

Post by CQR MAGiC Mon 23 Feb 2015 - 15:30

No I heard about the series on the TORA podcast and thought it may be something worth entering, but after reading through pages and pages of arguments about wanting to change the rules I've decided I don't like the hostile and negative environment and won't be racing, so I though I'd do the proper thing and remove my vote.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2014-12-29

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 23 Feb 2015 - 15:36

CQR MAGiC wrote:No I heard about the series on the TORA podcast and thought it may be something worth entering, but after reading through pages and pages of arguments I've decided I don't like the hostile and negative environment and won't be racing, so I though I'd do the proper thing and remove my vote.

VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Downlo10
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 23 Feb 2015 - 15:42

Da MadcaT wrote:Just a thought, but if a non licence driver won the competition, would it not be possible for that winner to still have the same top prize, but instead have a pro race driver drive the car around the track instead?
Also, I voted for option E as I like the idea of opening it up to all cars and I want to race my R-34 lol
I never mentioned anywhere about opening it to any car...
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Mon 23 Feb 2015 - 15:47

CQR MAGiC wrote:No I heard about the series on the TORA podcast and thought it may be something worth entering, but after reading through pages and pages of arguments about wanting to change the rules I've decided I don't like the hostile and negative environment and won't be racing, so I though I'd do the proper thing and remove my vote.

Hmm.

You seemed quite vehement to keep it the way it is.

In my trade as a bookie, we try to keep the punters. Because if no one wants to do business with you, the whole company is worse off. Same here in TORA; if no one wants to race your series, you'll want to try and rectify it as they've tried to. The arguments seem to stem from TORA's original position on it but as they've opened up, now it's the original backers that are sour.

In my trade also, I know when some people try to take the piss with odds. With your way, the first unamended way, you certainly had an advantage as there'd be less runners. Now it's changed, so the question I've been thinking recently is "What was in it for you?"

One C is better.

VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 1SYCYfDVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 VWFRPRpVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 KXuWtxqVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 NmyjVoUVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 ZxxURAMVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 JgDewLgVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 WLxDUZYVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 5nPqOwAVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 K91JzVYVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 70LXLscVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 ZZnXNxnVAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 JUwEMx8VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 PZtkh8X
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Mon 23 Feb 2015 - 16:01

The amount of competitors makes no difference to me, I've won many of the biggest grid championships here at TORA (TCC S8 had the biggest weekly entry in history with over 100 runners). So quit your snide insinuations - if I prefer the original rules then that is my choice, I didnt write them, TORA did.

And whatver your "trade" is you should be aware that changing the rules (the terms and conditions) AFTER something has officially started is a big no-no when offering a prize (opening signups signified the start of this competition and the rules should not have been changed because some people stamped their feet because they weren't eligible).

Anyway I won't be returning this thread so please don't bother replying to me as it won't get read. Have fun.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 23 Feb 2015 - 16:21

GUYS!!!
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 23 Feb 2015 - 16:50

CQR MAGiC wrote:And whatver your "trade" is you should be aware that changing the rules (the terms and conditions) AFTER something has officially started is a big no-no when offering a prize (opening signups signified the start of this competition and the rules should not have been changed because some people stamped their feet because they weren't eligible).

Anyway I won't be returning this thread so please don't bother replying to me as it won't get read. Have fun.
No where on this site does it say that opening registration signifies the start of a series.

We also retain, and always have retained, the right to change the rules and regulations as we wish. A significant amount of the community were unhappy with the rules and we saw it fit to amend that. Without the community, we are nothing, after all.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Mon 23 Feb 2015 - 17:03

Wow I'm truly shocked by that Stan, you are aware of the regulations you need to comply with when running a competition with a prize? That applies to any form of entry, be it phone, text, forum entry - you must state clear terms and conditions and specify a start and end date, and not vary the rules and regulations of the competition.

For example:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/academy/2014/terms/

By posting the official rules and promoting the competition on social media and opening the registrations you've started the competition.

I am truly dismayed by this, I thought it was a professionally run event in association with the real world championship, and would have expected the most basic of comeptiton rules and regulations to be followed. So much to learn Sad
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 23 Feb 2015 - 17:09

I am locking this thread with immediate effect and a decision from me as to how this championship will progress will be posted in due course.

I am genuinely shocked at the attitude from people in relation to this amazing prize. The rules were clearly posted and it is only because of the complaints from a few people who cannot meet the entrance criteria that this vote has occured.
I can see that even this vote is in some way insufficient.
TORA, along with it's partners have provided a very generous prize for people who can meet the criteria. This is a legal requirement and will be strictly adhered to. If you are unhappy that you cannot enter this particular series then please feel free to enter one of the many other championships open at TORA.

Final rules package will be published by myself in due course and will not be open for discussion.

VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 EwVLgo3
VAG Trophy Vote - Page 3 Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content