TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please!

+2
Standaman94
callvey1
6 posters

Go down

Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! Empty Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please!

Post by callvey1 Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:54

Hi Everyone,
We are currently working on the development of a product that we think would greatly enhance the racing simulation experience, and would like some feedback from you guys/girls.

Its currently in the design phase and have got to the point where we have discovered a way to achieve what we set out to (on paper anyway).
To take this any further we kind of need to do a bit of market research for obvious reasons and would love to hear your feedback.

So the product we are developing is a g simulator, its a cushion that you can place on any chair/seat, its just under half an inch thick and has 12 pads that sit under each thigh and buttocks which expand relative to the amount of force outputted from the game, giving the driver the same felling from you backside as in the real world with the sensation of lateral and longitudinal forces, bumps and impacts giving you more control over the vehicle and an overall better experience.

The obvious solution would be a motion simulator, but that's out of the question for the majority of racers, so we thought this would cover the ground in between.
We would love to get your thoughts and feedback.
Thanks in advance,
Callvey

callvey1

PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-03-25

Back to top Go down

Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! Empty Re: Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please!

Post by Standaman94 Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:06

Hello

Are you sure it won't just feel like a massage chair on your gluteus? I'm not totally convinced that a cushion of sorts wll be able to emulate G forces without feeling like a half - arsed attempt at it. (Lol)
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please! Empty Re: Racing simulation enhancement device. Feedback please!

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:56

I'd like to try one out, as that is the one major difference between sim and real racing.

Having raced in the real world in my younger days, I know what I should feel when accelerating, braking, turning, and kerb hopping... and that lack of connection between head and arse is "why" so many feel the need for assists such as braking and driving lines.

So, when you have a spare prototype that you'd like some feedback on, feel free to let me know.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 14:12

Sounds Interesting.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonsyoung Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 14:30

I currently use an Aura cushion mounted in the back my seat. While this adds to the experience its not a extra input to better feel the drive. Using Force feed back in a seat could give something depending on how its focused.
For me Braking is where im lacking input.
Dragonsyoung
Dragonsyoung

TORA Race Number : 759
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://clubcraracing.fullforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 14:35

I'm trying to imagine how thick a pad like that would have to be to house the motors plus padding so you're not sitting directly on the articulation. I'm thinking that's about 4 inches at least. Putting that on top of a chair strikes me as something that can start to feel a bit wobbly pretty quickly, even if it's secured at the bottom by some sort of strap.

Additionally, wouldn't this require developers to write separate coding, or the third party would have to come up with some way to convert data from the game not intended for use in this way, like maybe steering input, into responses by the pad? Either you're going to have to do this for each game individually or you'd have to ask the developers to do it for you. Judging by other third party peripherals, that's not easy to do.

Are you building this to a price point. I've seen similar chairs for home movie theaters and they're not cheap. Most people balk at spending $250 on a basic wheel and pedal set-up. I think you're flying right past that.

My gut says rather than a pad you'd be better off integrating this technology with a product and brand that is already established, like Playseat. This "sim seat", frame, and wheel/pedal mount could be sold all as one unit.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako

TORA Race Number : 428
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down