TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Dirt Rally EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
Dirt Rally EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Dirt Rally EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Dirt Rally EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Dirt Rally EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Dirt Rally EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Dirt Rally EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Dirt Rally EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Dirt Rally EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

Dirt Rally

+7
CQR Myles
Freheliaz
HCR Skodaboie
TechnologicMau5
Standaman94
LMR Zakspeed
Turbo Power 77
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dirt Rally Empty Dirt Rally

Post by Turbo Power 77 Mon 27 Apr 2015 - 19:28

Currently in early access and available on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560/

Last edited by Turbo Power 77 on Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 19:20; edited 1 time in total

Turbo Power 77

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Back to top Go down

Dirt Rally Empty Re: Dirt Rally

Post by LMR Zakspeed Mon 27 Apr 2015 - 20:37

While this could have huge potential, I'm gonna wait until I hear more about it. If they nuture it more towards a sim I'll enjoy it. I play RSRBR a tonne so I'm really looking forward to seeing if this could be a successor with 2015 graphics.

My biggest issues with recent rally games is:

- Short stages, in real life (at least in the WRC) a short stage is about 6 minutes to complete. Most stages in RSRBR take at least 6 minutes to complete which I like.
- Massive, Runway, Wide stages that you could fit 5 cars across. Though this seems to have really dropped and the stages look proper challenging Very Happy
- FFB, holy hell DiRT 3 sucked on my wheel. I got a refund because it just wouldn't work right.

I gotta say though, if they get these things right, I think this could be the Rally Sim people have been calling for since RBR in 2003!
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 27 Apr 2015 - 22:26

I played this in March at Codies, it's a really great game.

There are a mix of long and short stages, all are actually really very narrow and super challenging, especially Monte Carlo!

The physics are really good. It's quite hard to simulate off-road driving since the surface is totally unpredictable, but this feels highly accurate and will test those who are used to the friendly, cushty driving of DiRT 3/2.

There's quite a bit more to the game then just stage rallies, including a like-for-like Pikes Peak and some hardcore Rallycross too, with some really cool online features and league support, of which we put our thoughts into the suggestion box Smile

There's tuning options and a damage repair system similar to Colin McRae games, in which you get a set time after stages to do your repairs, and if you hire more engineers you can get more done in that timeframe.

The plan looks like it's going to take a very similar course to pCARS - A long early-access game on PC, with a final console launch in a year or so's time.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 11:33

Standaman94 wrote:I played this in March at Codies, it's a really great game.

There are a mix of long and short stages, all are actually really very narrow and super challenging, especially Monte Carlo!

The physics are really good. It's quite hard to simulate off-road driving since the surface is totally unpredictable, but this feels highly accurate and will test those who are used to the friendly, cushty driving of DiRT 3/2.

There's quite a bit more to the game then just stage rallies, including a like-for-like Pikes Peak and some hardcore Rallycross too, with some really cool online features and league support, of which we put our thoughts into the suggestion box Smile

There's tuning options and a damage repair system similar to Colin McRae games, in which you get a set time after stages to do your repairs, and if you hire more engineers you can get more done in that timeframe.

The plan looks like it's going to take a very similar course to pCARS - A long early-access game on PC, with a final console launch in a year or so's time.

Just spent a few hours on it myself hitting trees and such Wink Very, very sim-oriented compared to recent DiRT titles. Not only is the handling much more intricate, but the whole atmosphere makes it feel like a true rally experience instead of an X-Games(ish) take on rally. Xbox 360 controller feels quite nice. I'm thinking of doing some streams/videos on my personal channels, but I'm going off to bed now and will look into it more tomorrow.

Dirt Rally Sig20111
Dirt Rally SZURIXJDirt Rally MzPrStADirt Rally 3mPrZ2XDirt Rally LnW3tW1
Dirt Rally WNF2dBuDirt Rally 6Rj7CDcDirt Rally 1dijzevDirt Rally EoWXJFz

Griptek Performance Leader/Manager
Circuit Racer, Tuner & Painter
Drive clean. Drive fast.

TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 8:56

Dirt Rally Sig20111
Dirt Rally SZURIXJDirt Rally MzPrStADirt Rally 3mPrZ2XDirt Rally LnW3tW1
Dirt Rally WNF2dBuDirt Rally 6Rj7CDcDirt Rally 1dijzevDirt Rally EoWXJFz

Griptek Performance Leader/Manager
Circuit Racer, Tuner & Painter
Drive clean. Drive fast.

TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 10:26

this game totally immerses you in the rally driving atmosphere. I spent a few hours driving this last night only to realise that the Metro is a real handful and the 60's mini tends to wander on cambers. But if this game has improvements to come, I don't see myself leaving my room for love nor money. I cant compare this to RSRBR as i cant get that to work on my PC properly but I'm sure its the rival that rally sim needed.
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

TORA Race Number : 41
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2013-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 13:42

Bit the bullet and bought it. Has a tonne of potential but right now FFB is so crap that it's putting me off playing it.
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 14:54

LMR Zakspeed wrote:Bit the bullet and bought it. Has a tonne of potential but right now FFB is so crap that it's putting me off playing it.

I used the XB1 controller to play. May make the game a bit more enjoyable before the FFB updates come in when the full game is released.
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 19:49

Is the XB1 controller fully customisable?
Since I wanted to try the controller on a different PC game (MotoGP 14) and couldn't change any button.

Dirt Rally SEDnkBhDirt Rally JUwEMx8

Achievements
1st Indy 500 Lobby C 2020
3rd British GT Independent GT4 2017
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th Independents GT Cup 2019
5th Teams V8 Supercars 2018
4th Le Mans 2017 GT Class
5th Spa 2017 GT Class
6th ASCC Endurance Cup 2017
5th British GT Winter Independents 2016
4th Ambitious But Rubbish Championship Mazda 2016
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km 2015
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams 2015
First Lobby Win:
2015 TCR TCC Round 4 Lobby C
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Sat 2 May 2015 - 12:25

The right people have given there input and Codies have listened, the current focus is aimed at FFB which is the weakest part so far.

Its exciting because this could be put into future F1 and grid games.

I would then focus on the surfaces, the cars don't slide as much as they should on loose surfaces. I also find the cars to be too sticky yet too narrow of a range of slip for the tires when you do get side ways.
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Sat 2 May 2015 - 14:30

Some RWD cars are good. The M3 and the Stratos feel good for me on gravel. It's just the FFB limiting me to 270 degrees is really frustrating. I think the best surface at the moment is the Greece stages. You can feel the car being held back by the really heavy surface and the car digging in. The tarmac is ridiculous though, really twitchy and way too much grip at braking for me at least, you can jam on nearly at the corner in a pretty undeveloped car like the Sierra and it'll just come to a stop like that *clicks fingers*

Anyway, I'm liking the gravel. Looking forward to seeing what TORA has in store!
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Sun 3 May 2015 - 0:46

The physics guys at codies had a Skype call with the guy in the vid I posted

Pikes Peak Pack - May 2015
Tarmac Terrors - June 2015
Classic Icons - June 2015
Rallycross Pack - July 2015
PvP-Pack - August 2015
Rallycross Expansion - August 2015
Flying Finland - September 2015
Modern Masters - October 2015
Winter Wonderland - November 2015
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Sun 3 May 2015 - 6:28

If Tarmac terrors includes either Germany, Alsace, Spain or Ireland I will explode.
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 6 May 2015 - 12:05

Rather enjoying it, feel like good old Colin McRae games. Few issues getting my wheel working regarding rotation and FFB. Found a tweak on Race Department that customises the system file for FFB, feel amazingly better than the standard game. Can't get on Race Dept just now but it's on their mods page.

Dirt Rally C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Wed 6 May 2015 - 12:11

Does it cancel out the 30-40 degree dead zone when turning the wheel? I found that there is a large dead area going left or right from centre position. Maybe it's just me and the way I have set up.
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 6 May 2015 - 12:15

If you haven't already reduce the dead zone in game to 0 as Codies games tend to have an auto one built in. It doesn't exactly stop the deadzone, however it gives you bumps and feeling within that zone. Makes it feel more natural.

I'm using a Thurstmaster TX and changed my rotation in the controller options to 300 degress iirc.

Dirt Rally C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Wed 6 May 2015 - 12:20

That may help things a lot more if i reduce the steer rotation. I am using the T300 RS and i think its set to something stupid like 900 degrees as default. Explains why I cant get enough lock on in the hairpins or get the car to flick like I want it to
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 6 May 2015 - 12:24

Lock in the hairpins I still find a bit of an issue, although not as bad as it was. I usually have my wheel set at 270 degrees as personally I don't like the full 900, in codies games especially the 900 just doesn't work. 300 seems to be feeling better for me.

I also put my handbrake onto my cluch pedal, and it's now usable. Was struggling to use the handbrake properly when I had it mapped to a button.

Dirt Rally C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Wed 6 May 2015 - 12:36

I shall try that tonight. I have my handbrake on a thumb button as I only have 2 pedals with the wheel. Makes this and iRacing more fun when Im using R2 as a clutch/handbrake when racing
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 6 May 2015 - 23:02

It's funny how people keep saying this feels like the old Colin McRae Rally games, yet the old CMR games were probably even less realistic than any of the DIRT games, even if they were older. I had the old PS2 out a few weeks back and played a bit of CMR3 for old times sake - Very enjoyable (CMR was always fantastic), but realism? No way.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Thu 7 May 2015 - 8:46

Well, seeing as they are such old games I wouldn't expect it to feel the same driving. It's more about the presentation, the stages, the way the game is played. I'm sure in CMR you had a certain amount of time to repair your car after two stages before the next two, this has that, for example. I don't think anyone is saying playing Dirt Rally gives you the same driving experience as an old PS1/2 game, but it's more about the game experience. CMR wasn't about balls out rallying at top speed along open courses and doing Gymkhana like Dirt is. It was about the traditional rally experience, albeit with limited physics and graphics. I never really played a CMR game after 2.0 on the PS1, so can't comment on the arcadeyness of the PS2 generation.

It's like how numerous reviews are comparing Project Cars to TOCA Race Driver 3. I'm sure they aren't talking about the physics, or the graphics, but the experience of playing the game.

Dirt Rally C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 14 May 2015 - 23:44

The cool thing about the CMR series (and Dirt 1) was that the stages had you thinking enough about bumps and direction changes and complex pace notes that it was an incredibly addictive and immersive experience. I've been playing through Dirt 1 again for old times sakes, and while the handling is very much of the same mould as the older CMR games, there's enough challenge in navigating the stages without pranging it and being conservative with the car over crests to make it feel like you are rallying.

Also played a bit of CMR3 recently, and it's menu screens would put most current gen games to shame. I also recently got a copy of RBR for the Xbox, and it's definitely a lot of fun to play something with that level of realism and real stages.

I understand the point about Toca Race Driver 3. I always felt RACE Pro had a similar atmosphere about it.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Mon 18 May 2015 - 22:25

It’s been an interesting week in the DiRT Studio. Everybody is still riding high following the announcement and we’re starting to flesh out some of your ideas and feedback to see what’s possible to incorporate into the game on top of the planned new content. Plus, we’re also working on some improvements of our own.

We’ve also been watching your videos, reading your forum posts and keeping an eye on your tweets. Oh, and our swag has shown up so it might be time for a few giveaways – more on that later – but, for now, here’s Paul with an update on what we’re working on this week.

“We’ve got things feeling right as far as the Force Feedback is concerned but it has taken a complete rewrite to get us to this point. Next we are going to get it in the hands of some rally drivers to get their feedback (pardon the pun). We are also working on the in-game calibration, configuration and options screens to give you more control over how the wheel feels.

Pikes Peak is really coming together now. It’s such a different challenge tearing up the hill with no co-driver giving you instructions. You really have to learn the route and there is plenty to learn. From a simulation angle we’ve improved the way we model the Aerodynamics. The Hillclimb cars have some extreme wing setups and this extra component of the simulation has given us plenty to layer back into the rally cars you are already driving, we’ll be getting on the case with that as soon as we can.

Another key element of Pikes Peak is the change in altitude. The difference in air pressure has a huge impact on the power the engine can produce and how much downforce is created by those big wings. Power loss with altitude is something we already simulate (you may have noticed a difference in car performance between Wales and Greece) but in Pikes Peak you actually get to feel the power drop as you climb. I’ll talk a bit more about Hillclimb next week so watch this space.”
I'm more hyped about the development of this than I ever was with PCARS or iRacing
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Mon 29 Jun 2015 - 21:58

The Tarmac Terror patch has been released.
Are we still enjoying this game?

Dirt Rally SEDnkBhDirt Rally JUwEMx8

Achievements
1st Indy 500 Lobby C 2020
3rd British GT Independent GT4 2017
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th Independents GT Cup 2019
5th Teams V8 Supercars 2018
4th Le Mans 2017 GT Class
5th Spa 2017 GT Class
6th ASCC Endurance Cup 2017
5th British GT Winter Independents 2016
4th Ambitious But Rubbish Championship Mazda 2016
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km 2015
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams 2015
First Lobby Win:
2015 TCR TCC Round 4 Lobby C
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Fri 3 Jul 2015 - 18:32

Freheliaz wrote:The Tarmac Terror patch has been released.
Are we still enjoying this game?
With the RaceDepatment FFB mod, its my favorite

CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content