Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship

The Online Racing Association (TORA) announces partnership with the Avon Tyres British GT Championship

TORA is proud to announce a landmark new partnership with the Avon Tyres British GT Championship that will see the real-world series feature heavily in the leading console sim racing community.

Founded in 2007, TORA’s initial inspiration was Great Britain’s national GT series and, with twelve virtual seasons under our belts, the opportunity has finally arisen to represent it officially for the first time.

“The Avon Tyres British GT Championship is the premier sportscar series in the country and I’m very proud to be associated with it,” said TORA President Matt Hunter. “The opportunity to finally represent it accurately through the TORA championship structure is outstanding and a true validation of what we do.

“TORA GT has been a mainstay championship at The Online Racing Association since day one and the move from production-based GT road cars to thoroughbred GT3 and GT4 machinery is a very exciting one. TORA’s staff are relishing the challenge ahead!”

“Sim racing and real world motorsport have tended to exist separately up until very recently, but we’re hoping to help change that,” added British GT Championship Manager Benjamin Franassovici.

“We’ve been approached about this sort of opportunity before but never felt like the technology could do the championship justice. TORA’s active community, stature and organisation allied to the accuracy of Project CARS changes all that and I can’t wait to see how the partnership develops. Hopefully fans and gamers alike will gain an insight into each other’s respective championships, which can only be a good thing for British GT as a whole.”

This will be the most high profile championship to be partnered with The Online Racing Association and follows closely on the heels of the Rogue Motorsport Cup and Maximum Group.net VAG Trophy. This further cements the status of TORA as a class leader in providing realistic, high quality virtual championships.

The 2015 TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship launches the association's racing activities on the new Project CARS title from Slightly Mad Studios and will feature six of the seven real-world rounds plus a media day at Brands Hatch and a seventh round at Zolder. The championship will also feature a strong line-up of contemporary GT3 and GT4 machinery for the first time in TORA's history.

Today, TORA can also reveal the calendar for the 2015 championship:

Media Day: Brands Hatch Indy 24/05/15
Meeting 1: Oulton Park 07/06/15
Meeting 2: Zolder 28/06/15
Meeting 3: Silverstone 500 05/07/15
Meeting 4: Spa Francorchamps 19/07/15
Meeting 5: Brands Hatch 26/07/15
Meeting 6: Snetterton 09/08/15
Meeting 7: Donington Park 16/08/15

The 2015 championship will enjoy coverage on TORA's Twitch TV and Youtube channels throughout the year and will air on Motors TV in the autumn with full commentary from TORA's dedicated Media Team and support from technical partners, Base Performance Simulators.

Further details on the championship will be revealed following release of Project CARS, May 8th 2015.

Last edited by Matt on Sat 9 May 2015 - 11:28; edited 1 time in total
Matt
jenson09

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14260
Registration date : 2008-08-05

View user profile http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship :: Comments

Post on Mon 11 May 2015 - 21:22 by MaxSpooner

Will drivers have to pair up like the real series or will it be individual drivers?

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 11 May 2015 - 22:08 by CQR Myles

http://www.virtualr.net/british-gt-run-project-cars-based-championship

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 11 May 2015 - 22:18 by JGROVES1996 (Online)

Really hope the Bentley is available before the start of the season! May well be tempted!

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 12 May 2015 - 14:36 by Godric VXR

I've finally published my bit too! You can see it on TheCheckeredFlag.co.uk but I cant post a link, I've not been here long enough. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 12 May 2015 - 16:49 by PTG Ducky

Awesome news nice one. When this goes live count me in Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 12 May 2015 - 18:52 by Standaman94

Godric VXR wrote:I've finally published my bit too!  You can see it on TheCheckeredFlag.co.uk but I cant post a link, I've not been here long enough. Sad
Cool! Nice site Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 12 May 2015 - 19:05 by Godric VXR

Standaman94 wrote:
Godric VXR wrote:I've finally published my bit too!  You can see it on TheCheckeredFlag.co.uk but I cant post a link, I've not been here long enough. Sad
Cool! Nice site Smile

I wish I could claim credit for the site but I'm just a PhotoJournalist for them. Mine is at a different address, attached to my profile if you are interested.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 13 May 2015 - 8:19 by combat snarf

i wood love to be part of this

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 13 May 2015 - 9:40 by AdamWatson99

When does registration open etc. cant wait for this series to begin

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 13 May 2015 - 11:32 by Matt

Registration will be opening for this later today.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 May 2015 - 18:58 by sidekick joe

I don't understand why TORA is supporting Project Cars series when the game has major glitches and framerate issues? Also why have you chosen the Xbox One version to support instead of the PS4 when the Xbox One has major issues?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 May 2015 - 19:43 by Dominic Mako

sidekick joe wrote:I don't understand why TORA is supporting Project Cars series when the game has major glitches and framerate issues? Also why have you chosen the Xbox One version to support instead of the PS4 when the Xbox One has major issues?

I believe it was mentioned in another thread that they're trying not to compete directly with forums like GTplanet until it can be proven that TORA would be able to draw a large, regular crowd on PS4. The easiest way to demonstrate that is for PS4 users to host a "community" race for PS4 here on TORA. You're welcome to set one up as well.

In defense of the xbox, after 24 hours there are almost 70 people registered for the series.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 May 2015 - 1:21 by sidekick joe

How would you be competing with GT Planet? GT Planet is a forum, TORA has it's own league website. That's like saying you won't be running any Xbox leagues as there are other clubs with their own websites who have Xbox leagues.

I also don't understand why TORA is running a Project Cars league for the Xbox when the game has lots of glitches such as the screen freezing during a race when someone enters/exits the lobby. Also you can't save replays longer than 2 minutes so how are you supposed to report racing incidents?

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 May 2015 - 4:02 by LMR Sahara

sidekick joe wrote:I don't understand why TORA is supporting Project Cars series when the game has major glitches and framerate issues? Also why have you chosen the Xbox One version to support instead of the PS4 when the Xbox One has major issues?

Because TORA was founded on the Xbox 360. A majority of TORA members happen to be on the Xbox console. If you don't like it, I suggest that you leave.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 May 2015 - 4:06 by sidekick joe

Regardless of the console you use, there's glitches in Project Cars such as the screen freezing when someone enters/leaves a lobby. I find it strange that you're running a league for such a game when Forza doesn't have those problems.

You can't save replays longer than 2 minutes in Project Cars so how are you supposed to report racing incidents? How do you handle racing incidents in Project Cars?

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 May 2015 - 7:39 by BG Cowboy

MATT PASTRAMNI wrote:

Because TORA was founded on the Xbox 360. A majority of TORA members happen to be on the Xbox console. If you don't like it, I suggest that you leave.
No! We should be encouraging people to use ALL the platforms. TORA should be aiming to be THE BEST, not THE BEST* (*= only on Xbox)

Sidekick Joe, if something isn't happening on PS4 then how about posting up a thread asking if anyone would be interested?

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 May 2015 - 10:21 by hillcrest34

sidekick joe wrote:Regardless of the console you use, there's glitches in Project Cars such as the screen freezing when someone enters/leaves a lobby. I find it strange that you're running a league for such a game when Forza doesn't have those problems.

You can't save replays longer than 2 minutes in Project Cars so how are you supposed to report racing incidents? How do you handle racing incidents in Project Cars?

You can save replays longer than 2 minutes in Project Cars from my knowledge.

And as to why its not on Forza? Forza has none of the cars and 2 of the tracks

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 May 2015 - 10:52 by LMR Deftone MX

I have saved and watched a 20 minute replay..

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 May 2015 - 12:43 by sidekick joe

From a multiplayer race? On PS4 I couldn't watch any replays from the scoreboards and on Time Trials I could only see the last 2 minutes of a replay.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 May 2015 - 21:52 by Smoke N Glory

Anyone got the link for registration?

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 May 2015 - 22:24 by Standaman94

Smoke N Glory wrote:Anyone got the link for registration?
Everything you'll ever need to know is in the British GT section:

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/f514-forum

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 20:36 by Roders0712

Whats this about coverage on Motors TV? is it just going to be replay clips of the races? are we going to be getting airing dates and times?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 20:41 by Standaman94

Roders0712 wrote:Whats this about coverage on Motors TV? is it just going to be replay clips of the races? are we going to be getting airing dates and times?
We currently have a series on Motors TV which is about halfway through it's run - it'll basically be like that, so take a look when you can Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 20:56 by Roders0712

Standaman94 wrote:
Roders0712 wrote:Whats this about coverage on Motors TV? is it just going to be replay clips of the races? are we going to be getting airing dates and times?
We currently have a series on Motors TV which is about halfway through it's run - it'll basically be like that, so take a look when you can Smile

whats the title of the program and time and dates?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 21:20 by Sidewayz06Stang

Can we make interior cameras forced? Really wish it was for steering wheels only lol

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum