TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up

+3
Crisis Nine
Freheliaz
Blaise7024
7 posters

Go down

Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up Empty Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up

Post by Blaise7024 Tue 19 May 2015 - 0:20

Project CARS is definitely the most beautiful racing game I've played or seen in years, but there is one downside I have encountered (and many others too) in playing the game on Xbox One: Controller setup and Racing Wheel setup. There are too many options to adjust that I don't quite understand how they work. This has led to what I call the "Battle of the Two Extremes".

Originally I started Project CARS with the controller but midway lap 1 decided to switch to my Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider racing wheel due to glitchy steering (locking one direction for no reason, limited turning with the stick, over-steering for no reason with half input). Switching to the wheel was okay, yet despite efforts to smooth driving, I am unable to relax and simply race trying to keep my cars on the track. Despite over 8 hours of messing with settings in options/configuration, I was unable to find anywhere that was comfortable.

Extended problems with each input device individually that occured are as follows...

Xbox One Wireless Controller (Default):
Turning results either in uncontrolled steering and locking left or right depending on turning direction OR being unable to turn at any level of steering input on the stick. Regarding the little steering, overturning happens when accelerating, then little steering when not on throttle.

Steering wheel (Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider with 4 modes of steering):
Turning is impossible due to correcting all the time (on Tm wheel mode 1, 2, and partially 3)
with full steering at a short angle OR little input then abruptly transitions to full steering (like an exponential curve). Thrustmaster Wheel Mode 4 is the best mode to use in Forza 5 because it has the most driver control, however, in PCars the wheel mode tends to understeer quite a bit despite my increased efforts to steer smoothly (settings were same as all other modes). After trying all modes and varied settings, nothing has been comfortable and stable and has left me very fatigued...

If any of you guys have any suggestions on what I should set the controller/wheel config settings please let me know. I am going to have to shelf Project CARS until my issues are resolved Sad . It would be much appreciated!
Blaise7024
Blaise7024

TORA Race Number : 702
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up Empty Re: Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up

Post by Freheliaz Tue 19 May 2015 - 8:52

You are aware that there is a patch coming to solve the Xbox One controller issues like the full steering to left/right?
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up Empty Re: Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up

Post by Crisis Nine Wed 20 May 2015 - 13:41

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up Empty RE: Project CARS Controller and Racing Wheel Set-up

Post by Blaise7024 Wed 20 May 2015 - 19:45

Thank you, I'll definitely try that. Thank you for letting me know about the update freheliaz, I was not aware of it. Smile
Blaise7024
Blaise7024

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xVampirAx Wed 20 May 2015 - 20:34

(for controller xbox1) is any way that i can change the buttons for gearing without the game saying i cannot do this and i wanted to change it so i could then put into manual and go faster without having to use auto.
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

TORA Race Number : 222
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Wed 20 May 2015 - 22:18

xVampirAx wrote:(for controller xbox1) is any way that i can change the buttons for gearing without the game saying i cannot do this and i wanted to change it so i could then put into manual and go faster without having to use auto.

Yes. It tells you you can't do it if you haven't assigned all of the "required" buttons. Some of them aren't so obvious, which is where a lot of people have run into issues. Like the "look behind" button. Needs to be mapped to something. As long as you have mapped all of the required buttons, you should be able to put gearing on any button you want.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

TORA Race Number : 426
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by xVampirAx Wed 20 May 2015 - 22:30

i thought it through so i knew which buttons to assign but even after that it still wont let me save it.maybe it thinks i using a wheel which i am not as i dont have one and use a controller.
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

TORA Race Number : 222
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 Wed 20 May 2015 - 23:15

When you bring up the controller settings there are a number of settings that are already assigned. You must make sure that these are all still assigned after any changes you make

DSRL Webbers88

TORA Race Number : 400
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaise7024 Thu 21 May 2015 - 2:22

Alright, my problem is resolved. Thank you Crisis Nine for that link, it proved to be very valuable. Smile  I am now able to race and most of all: enjoy racing Project CARS Very Happy
Blaise7024
Blaise7024

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine Thu 21 May 2015 - 15:46

No problem mate. Glad I could help.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellevii Thu 11 Jun 2015 - 12:27

I have same problem, i try for some hours, and i think find an setup but i'm not satisfied. unsure
Ellevii
Ellevii

TORA Race Number : 520
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down