TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship Empty TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship

TORA HQ
08/10/15

TORA announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship

TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship Adam%20Morgan_zpstixtja15

Regular visitors to TORA may have seen that we were very pleased to be able to bring you the most enticing touring car series to date courtesy of Forza Motorsport 6's excellent array of real world touring cars from both NGTC and WTCC specification.
Today, we are proud to announce that TORA's premier 'tin-top' series will enjoy the support of top level British Touring Car Championship team, WIX Racing.
Those familiar with the British Touring Car Championship will know of the WIX Racing Mercedes A Class driven by Adam Morgan since 2014. The popular driver has already tasted victory in the UK's biggest racing series and now you can get a taste of what it is like to race door handle to door handle by driving his Mercedes A Class in Forza Motorsport 6!

TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship Photo_8041_zpsgaastbrw

TORA president Matt Hunter said;
"We are proud to welcome WIX Racing to both TORA and Forza Motorsport. Touring cars are one of the two major pillars of TORA's championship history so to have real NGTC cars in game and the support of a major team in the real world championship is a big deal for us."
"Touring car racing is fantastically popular and always draws in great numbers as well as capturing the imagination of track-side fans both old and young. Indeed my own association goes back over twenty years! We hope to capture the same enthusiasm with our latest championship"

A six round calendar will take in both real world BTCC venues plus a number of Forza 6 circuits that have the characteristics and feel of the championship. These will promote the close racing action everyone comes to expect from the premier touring car series for Xbox One.

The WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship kicks off at Brands Hatch on the 10th November.

Calendar
Round 1: Brands Hatch Indy - Nov 10th
Round 2: Lime Rock South Chicane - Nov 24th
Round 3: Road Atlanta - Dec 8th
Round 4: Silverstone National - Jan 5th
Round 5: Hockenheim National - Jan 19th
Round 6: Brands Hatch GP - Feb 2nd

TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship Team%20wix_zpsskhyurho

Last edited by Matt on Wed 14 Oct 2015 - 12:15; edited 1 time in total
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

TORA Announces the WIX Racing TORA Touring Car Championship :: Comments

JVanEssen

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 3:26 by JVanEssen

Wish I could do Tuesday's these cars are amazing to drive and the Tora touring series was always one of the ones I waited for all year.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Mikey J

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 5:28 by Ax4x Mikey J

JVanEssen wrote:Wish I could do Tuesday's these cars are amazing to drive and the Tora touring series was always one of the ones I waited for all year.

Does Tuesday US Prime Time work better? NATCC is starting the same date. Exclamation

Back to top Go down

CTM AnonCaliga

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 7:14 by CTM AnonCaliga

Looking forward to this TCC series.

Virtual Pirtek Racing / CTech Motorsport TCC Entry

Back to top Go down

TheFLC

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 7:15 by TheFLC

Hoping for a car list soon so I can get painting and practicing. Awesome news though

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 9:43 by Matt

Carlist will be;

Audi A3 Saloon BTCC
BMW 1 Series BTCC
Honda Civic WTCC
Mercedes A Class BTCC
Toyota Avensis BTCC

Back to top Go down

MaynardMK4

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 11:20 by MaynardMK4

Cars stock? Looking forward to this!

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 11:24 by Matt

Full details will be revealed in the coming days
Some minor adjustments may be required.

Back to top Go down

TheFLC

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 12:13 by TheFLC

Thanks! Cheers

Back to top Go down

JVanEssen

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 13:25 by JVanEssen

Matt I have crap tons of notes and testing data in on these already. Hit me up if you want info

Back to top Go down

JVanEssen

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 13:30 by JVanEssen

Mikey what time slot will NA be at? Hopefully not too early.

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 15:42 by Matt

JVanEssen wrote:Matt I have crap tons of notes and testing data in on these already. Hit me up if you want info

If you're happy to share data that would be very much appreciated. Smile

Back to top Go down

JVanEssen

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 17:32 by JVanEssen

Of course I'll shoot you some stuff in a PM

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Mikey J

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 19:33 by Ax4x Mikey J

JVanEssen wrote:Mikey what time slot will NA be at?  Hopefully not too early.

8:30 or 9PM Eastern.

Back to top Go down

FSR Groves

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 20:41 by FSR Groves

I asked this on Facebook but didn't get a reply, will it be 4 car teams like in the BTCC?

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Mikey J

Post Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 20:44 by Ax4x Mikey J

^ I'd assume the standard three car team.

Back to top Go down

JVanEssen

Post Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 0:14 by JVanEssen

If it's 9pm I'm in for sure

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 9:14 by xebot360

JVanEssen wrote:If it's 9pm I'm in for sure
I assume it'll be the usual, 8pm qualy, 9pm race Smile

Back to top Go down

Fazed Intro

Post Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 13:33 by Fazed Intro

Made my day! Been wanting to get in on TCC for about a year now Razz looking forward to this! I'm going to get a livery setup RIGHT now! Wink

Back to top Go down

D4NINHO

Post Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 14:19 by D4NINHO

We are currently running a Tuesday BTCC series using the very same cars and its close, all the cars even when they look different can run the same lap times, they suit each style of driving so everyone should find a car they like.

Back to top Go down

jonnotheone

Post Sun 11 Oct 2015 - 9:58 by jonnotheone

Official Speedworks motorsports will be there with there btcc car #tingram80

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 11 Oct 2015 - 20:05 by xebot360

Looking forward to this, which version of Lime Rock is it ?

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Mon 12 Oct 2015 - 11:52 by Matt

If anyone would be interested in helping us by hosting lobbies for this it would be very much appreciated. Smile

xebot - Lime Rock will be the standard full circuit. I'm playing with the chicane variants to see whether they feel more 'touring cars-y' but unless stated when sign ups open it'll be the main circuit Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 12 Oct 2015 - 12:33 by DSRL Webbers88

Matt, I can run a lobby when I'm racing. Hopefully each week.

Back to top Go down

Fazed Intro

Post Mon 12 Oct 2015 - 12:47 by Fazed Intro

Id happily host Matt Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next