Donations
Donations options

CJ Wilson Cayman Cup Round 5: Long Beach

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CJ Wilson Cayman Cup Round 5: Long Beach

Post by BigBen0913 on Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 3:42

Round Five - Long Beach Full Circuit - June 21, 2016
Welcome to Round 5 of the CJ Wilson Cayman Cup presented by Logitech G. This week we are going to the sunny California coast to visit the Long Beach street circuit.  Before the circuit's birth in the 1975, Long Beach was a sleepy little city lost in the shadows of its more glamorous neighbors, Los Angeles and San Diego.  The street circuit was devised as a way to bring more business to the struggling, local economy.  Long Beach reminded on the F1 circuit for many years until a switch in codes brought IndyCar to the track in the mid-1980's.  Prominently a formula circuit, Long Beach has also hosted events such as the Continental Tire Challenge, and other IMSA sports car championships.

Qualifying - This will be the typical "6 laps and out" qualifying.  Drivers will have 1 warm-up lap, 4 flying laps, and 1 cool down lap during which drivers will park in the run off area of Turn 1, Toyota, where lobby hosts will take a screen shoot to collect times.  Remember that drivers should be/appear online 15 minutes prior to qualifying start.

Race - There will be one race that will last either 90 minutes or 50 laps, depending on which occurs first.  For Long Beach, that will be a full 50 lap race  Be sure to figure out your pit windows ahead of time so that you don't catch yourself out.  The race will start in a rolling start format with grid positions determined by qualifying.  Once the race starts, drivers will use the first lap to line up in the proper order.

Remember: To sign-in for the race, please use the sign-in form that you can find here:
http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t16762-cj-wilson-cayman-cup-race-day-sign-in

Last edited by BigBen0913 on Tue 21 Jun 2016 - 23:42; edited 1 time in total

1st Forza 4 Grand Finale R1 & R2

BigBen0913

TORA Race Number : 213
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2014-08-13

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Long Beach Track Limits

Post by BigBen0913 on Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 4:38

At Long Beach, the track limits are indicated by the RED line on the pavement.  As TORA Corner Cutting rules state, you must keep two wheels on the racing surface inside the track limit line at all times.  As Long Beach is an unusual circuit, the track limits are a bit strange.  

When coming up to the first corner, drivers must stay to the left of the red line. You can still have to wheels over that red line, but NO MORE than that.  Be sure to stay off the inside rumble strip when going through this corner as well (what is shown is wrong).  

When going through the round-about (Turn 2-3), while you can still keep two wheels on the track, do not go up on angled part of the kerbing.  Anything beyond the example below will be seen as corner cutting. 

For Turn 4, be sure to once again stay off the inside kerbing.

For Turn 5, do not turn into the corner until that you go past all of the "twinkies."  The first image shows the incorrect line while the second image shows the correct one. 

For Turn 6, Tecate Turn, be sure to once again stay off the inside kerbing.   Anything beyond the example below will be seen as corner cutting.

For Turn 7, which is actually considered a turn for some reason, when you are going down towards Pine Avenue make sure that you are staying to the left of the red line (what is shown is wrong).  

For Turn 8, be sure to once again stay off the inside kerbing.  Anything beyond the example below will be seen as corner cutting.  When in doubt for this corner, make sure to stay off the bumps that I have circled in the image.

For Turn 9, Firestone, be sure to once again stay off the inside kerbing.  Anything beyond the example below will be seen as corner cutting.

For Turn 10, Indy Left, much like Turn 8, be sure to once again stay off the inside kerbing.  Anything beyond the example below will be seen as corner cutting.

For Turn 11, the hairpin, while it is actually impossible to cut the hairpin, make sure you are not doing what I show in the photo below.  

For pitting, please make sure that you call you pit-ins so that everyone that around you knows since the pit entrance is a bit dangerous.  When exiting pits, follow the yellow line on the right side of the road until it curves back into the track as I've shown in the image below.

Last edited by BigBen0913 on Tue 21 Jun 2016 - 20:58; edited 2 times in total

BigBen0913

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Re: CJ Wilson Cayman Cup Round 5: Long Beach

Post by Mister Huffles on Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 14:46

Thanks for clarifying track limits, but I wonder how well this will be enforced during qualifying, since some of those corners can still be clean while cutting and the result lap time is substantially faster.

Mister Huffles

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN on Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 18:58

We review qualifying replays after each round... those who are found guilty of breaking track limits will be penalized very harshly

...aka: Cad Daddy!!!

neinshiza.net84.net   neinshiza.the-talk.net

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifkylian on Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 21:37

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:We review qualifying replays after each round... those who are found  guilty of breaking track limits will be penalized very harshly

Uh oh... to the back of the grid I'm assuming? Surprised yeah I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Grifkylian

TORA Race Number : 427
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2016-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 23:50

I want to apologize beforehand for pissing some braking points at various times throughout this race.

I am just terrible on this circuit.

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/
1st 2012 MMTCC Sedan Championship

Flyin Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 11035
Registration date : 2012-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 on Tue 21 Jun 2016 - 12:18

Those restrictions surely make it more difficult!

Shneeb108

TORA Race Number : 808
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Totten on Tue 21 Jun 2016 - 18:21

So can we cross the red line with our right side tires in the braking zone for turn one so long as we keep our lefts on the racing surface? It says do not cross line but then again we can drop two tires per the rules. Just looking for clarification so I'm not penalized.

Nick Totten

Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Tue 21 Jun 2016 - 19:06

Nick, I think you would be correct.

Flyin Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Totten on Tue 21 Jun 2016 - 19:48

Thanks man. Looking forward to tonight's festivities.

Nick Totten

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 3:58

:/ broken hud for qualifying then leading during race by 700ft on lap 12 or 13 when xbox disconnects me from lobby... Xbox kvyat'd me.

Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Select Veepz on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 4:00

Well that's my championship over... Put it on pole for nothing. Personally I think we should have done it tomorrow or next week, which was also what everyone in lobby A was saying... I know it wouldn't have been ideal, but if Xbox is playing up then it really should of been postponed, especially with a championship like this... Sucks to be meeeee loooooooooooool

Also makes it worse that I'm up at 4am Mad

Select Veepz

TORA Race Number : 768
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Totten on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 4:10

Seconded^

Best qualifying effort and overall pace of the year for me but I wasn't able to run due to issues on Xbox's end. I know I'm not the only one that was affected tonight either. The majority of people in A lobby were pushing for a postponement of either tomorrow or on the off week next week. Thus far I've been more than happy with my TORA experience but tonight was a huge disappointment after qualifying. For a championship with such great exposure, I can't believe there wasn't at least more of a discussion of the issue with so many players openly willing to postpone the race. This wasn't just an isolated incident for a single player with a poor connection.

Nick Totten

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Select Veepz on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 4:14

Nick Totten wrote:Seconded^

Best qualifying effort and overall pace of the year for me but I wasn't able to run due to issues on Xbox's end. I know I'm not the only one that was affected tonight either. The majority of people in A lobby were pushing for a postponement of either tomorrow or on the off week next week. Thus far I've been more than happy with my TORA experience but tonight was a huge disappointment after qualifying. For a championship with such great exposure, I can't believe there wasn't at least more of a discussion of the issue with so many players openly willing to postpone the race. This wasn't just an isolated incident for a single player with a poor connection.

Couldn't agree more

Select Veepz

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Totten on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 4:25

The fact that we have literally 13 days to make up this race without consequence and the route that was taken actually prevailed is unbelievable.

Nick Totten

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Select Veepz on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 4:28

Nothing will be done though. Like always................... LOL

Select Veepz

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen0913 on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 4:28

I was the one that had to make the call to go ahead and race.  I was also unable to race tonight because my game would not load.  There were only a few that had this issue and we had 3 lobbies of other people ready to race.  The fact is that while lobby A was saying that we should postpone, when I asked lobby B literally the first thing I heard was "No."  I get that it sucks, I get that we were screwed out of racing.  I'm sorry, but this was something that we had no control over.

BigBen0913

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Select Veepz on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 4:39

Very funny mate, great meme, or is it that you can't be bothered to put this on for another night? Shocked

Also you wasn't in lobby A so why is it your problem, you don't have to come and race another night. Everyone in lobby A was saying to postpone. Just because you don't care about your championship then the rest have to miss out...

Great one Ben, very smart Rolling Eyes

Select Veepz

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Totten on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 5:04

The other unaffected lobbies could've raced, unaffected. Overall results are simply tabulated once a lobby is finished. Not difficult.

Nick Totten

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 5:08

It sucks that things went the way the did, but my frustration is with Microsoft/Xbox, not TORA.

I pay money for Xbox Live with the expectation that it holds up its end of the agreement... I don't pay TORA for a chance to race.

Either way, they made the right decision because rescheduling a race with 53 registered drivers after <30% of us had problems, wouldn't have made sense.

Thanks anyway, looking forward to limerock.

Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Totten on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 5:10

Your points against Microsoft Xbox are valid as ever. I just have a hard time beleiving that it was so impossible to postpone the affected Lobby A while the other unaffective lobbies simply could've run their races at no cost to them.

Nick Totten

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 5:39

Conn issues are unfortunate. I've been on the bad end of that many times. It sucks to put your heart and soul into a race,only to not be able to connect and have the race go on without you.

It's happened to me countless times, and its far more frustrating when its a series you're hosting, as the hours invested are multiplied tenfold over simply competing.

But, there's option A: continue on and hope it doesn't happen often or option B; curl up in a corner and cry. I prefer A myself.

Flyin Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Totten on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 7:18

Definitely going to go with option A as I love the series. As you said, countless hours poured into it only to have Xbox, nothing on my end, pull the rug out from beneath me while I listen to the party chat discuss the start of the race.

Official statements from Turn 10 addressing what happened tonight:
https://twitter.com/forzamotorsport/status/745466259920158720
https://twitter.com/forzamotorsport/status/745466667505836034

I'd post screenshots for ease of viewing but I'm on my phone.

Nick Totten

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by slovanova001 on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 12:53

Had fun while it lasted. Was running 2nd in the B Lobby with 10 laps left and got disconnected. Oh well, there's always next time

slovanova001

TORA Race Number : 303
Xbox One Xbox One

Registration date : 2016-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by tRavis3672 on Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 13:42

It's a shame, I really wanted to race long beach, it's my favorite track in the game. Honestly thought I was having serious issues with my xbox, so I'm relieved it wasn't on my end.

Hopefully next race will go smoothly!

tRavis3672

TORA Race Number : 172
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:55

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next