TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Touring Masters Feedback EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Touring Masters Feedback EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Touring Masters Feedback EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Touring Masters Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Touring Masters Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Touring Masters Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Touring Masters Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Touring Masters Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Touring Masters Feedback EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Touring Masters Feedback

+7
xebot360
HCCR Rabidus
Ax4x Mikey J
SGR Amber
CarsCarsCars
PTG Chungus
SorrySmithy
11 posters

Go down

Touring Masters Feedback Empty Touring Masters Feedback

Post by SorrySmithy Sat 9 Jul 2016 - 17:41

With the 1st season of the Touring Masters coming to a close on Forza 6 I would really appreciate any feedback you guys have looking ahead for next season. This could be anything from changes you would like to see within the rules, car build changes or can balancing. Any feedback is appreciated and will be looked into.

Thanks to all who participated for making the initial series, in my eyes at least, a success.

Last edited by SorrySmithy on Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 15:33; edited 2 times in total
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Touring Masters Feedback Empty Re: Touring Masters Feedback

Post by PTG Chungus Sat 9 Jul 2016 - 18:13

mabye Broaden the cars to allow other cars in same era?
Balence them a bit better mabye make them a big higher HP to allow cars to be assimiler.
not allow people in after they miss sign up....
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsCarsCars Sat 9 Jul 2016 - 19:31

I had great fun in this championship.

I think the cars are perfect, i wouldn't do anything to them personally.

I liked the calendar and would hope a similar selection was picked again (not necessarily the same tracks but the same balance of circuits and street). Possibly look at different conditions.
CarsCarsCars
CarsCarsCars

TORA Race Number : 936
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 8:11

My only change would be to allow stock wings on the cars, something awfully wrong about watching a Sierra fly past without the whale tail, or the 190 without the dining room table strapped to it... It just gets to me.
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 8:21

TSR Noodle wrote:My only change would be to allow stock wings on the cars, something awfully wrong about watching a Sierra fly past without the whale tail, or the 190 without the dining room table strapped to it... It just gets to me.

The issue is the Benz wing is adjustable and has the downforce of a Forza wing. If we'd allow that, we'd almost be forced to allow Forza aero on all the cars.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 13:30

Can this not be balanced width tyre widths and such, or simply have one person make a spec tune for each car? That way the downforce cannot be altered
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 13:47

With regards to rear aero the options I see are;

1. Non-adjustable aero allowed, ban on adjustable aero
2. All cars have forza/adjustable aero, 190E is removed from car list
3. All cars have forza/adjustable aero, restrictions on 190E downforce settings (no way to enforce)
4. Keep cars as they are

(Problem with 190E rear aero for those interested;
Forza rear aero; 75-200
190E aero; 182-379)
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by HCCR Rabidus Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 5:01

I don't think it would matter a whole lot if you allowed full Aero to all cars and give more pi to all cars and the 190 gets less pi than say the cobra since it has a better standard wing just an idea think also if these we boosted to say the 650 pi range we can really get these things zoomin lol good track list EXCEPT FOR LONG BEACH just for flying Mikey J lol

HCCR Rabidus

TORA Race Number : 157
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2016-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 9:26

Personally, I would try get the cars balanced power and grip-wise as being in A lobby for one race, then dropping to B lobby for the next race, purely down to car performance sucks a lot

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 15:23

Testing has started for season 2. If anyone would like to help with testing hit me up, plus you get access to the early builds Wink
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 Thu 14 Jul 2016 - 15:16

- Clear communication of rules
- Simplify rules
- Reduce race night to something less than 2 to 2.5 hours from start to finish
EZT Neo 45
EZT Neo 45

TORA Race Number : 236
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2009-07-22

http://www.eztmotorsport.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Thu 14 Jul 2016 - 15:34

EZT Neo 45 wrote: - Clear communication of rules
- Simplify rules
- Reduce race night to something less than 2 to 2.5 hours from start to finish

I think the race time and rules will be fine for season 2 due to experience of drivers gained from season 1. All the lobbies which I hosted had no issues regarding rules and the longest time from start to finish was 1h45mins. Hopefully this will be the same for other lobbies come season 2.
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedidiah93 Thu 14 Jul 2016 - 21:10

With regards to the aero options, I wouldn't be opposed to the 190e being eliminated. I love that car but it seemed to me the 190's seemed to dominate the field. Or perhaps we keep the car but have no wing on that car only. Just to add I was very grateful my Cobra got to have a wing, but most of the other cars looked ridiculous without their wings. It's kind of a staple in that division.

Jedidiah93

TORA Race Number : 251
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2016-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 10:05

SorrySmithy wrote:Testing has started for season 2. If anyone would like to help with testing hit me up, plus you get access to the early builds Wink

Happy to help.

My opinion has always been give the cars more handling than speed, it allows for closer controlled racing and also does not penalise the less able as the car control is less of a problem, the racing changes from car control to racing line choice.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by mikebrfc Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 10:16

I'm not sure the 190 did dominate, it was the best car in B lobby but it couldn't get near the front in A lobby.

I really enjoyed this championship, I liked the car selection and even though I think some cars could be improved, I don't think any of them were a kick in the arse off being competitive. It wouldn't take long to bring some cars up to par.

One of the rules that frustrated me was the success penalty in the sprint races. I didn't understand why race 1 penalty was carried through to race 3 if you managed a top 3 finish in race 2, but those that had a top 3 finish in race 2 were not penalised. I would like to see this fixed, a top 3 finish should be penalised no matter what race it was achieved in. You could maybe even look at championship success penalty that carries through to the next race. For example, the top 3 in the driver standings might have a weight penalty or power penalty for qualifying and the race. The highest placed drivers in lobby B and C could have penalties also. This could promote better preparation for the races bringing lap times closer together, if you are chasing points in lobby A on a regular basis you won't want to find yourself in lobby B with a power handicap while your championship rivals are garanteed to score more points than you.

Looking forward to the next series of this, I may beable to spare some time to help out if needed. Message me if you could use a hand.

mikebrfc

TORA Race Number : 141
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2016-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 10:20

Mikebrfc wrote:One of the rules that frustrated me was the success penalty in the sprint races. I didn't understand why race 1 penalty was carried through to race 3 if you managed a top 3 finish in race 2, but those that had a top 3 finish in race 2 were not penalised. I would like to see this fixed, a top 3 finish should be penalised no matter what race it was achieved in. You could maybe even look at championship success penalty that carries through to the next race. For example, the top 3 in the driver standings might have a weight penalty or power penalty for qualifying and the race. The highest placed drivers in lobby B and C could have penalties also. This could promote better preparation for the races bringing lap times closer together, if you are chasing points in lobby A on a regular basis you won't want to find yourself in lobby B with a power handicap while your championship rivals are garanteed to score more points than you.

I personally think the power ballast works as looking back at the sprint races 2 out of 4 race weekends the highest points earner was the person that won the first race. This would have been 3 out of 4 if Steve didn't crash out while winning comfortably at Long Beach. The only race that this system didn't work out as supposed to was Brands where I came out on top re: points, but only by 1 point ahead of Tubbi (who was driven off the race track for me to overtake him). We can look at grip handicaps over power to see if the time loss is less of an affect but I feel that the system in place going from race 1 to 2 to 3 is correct. (Reason why no handicap for new top 3 in race 2 is because race 3 is reversed)

Championship penalties and penalties for pole sitter in Lobby B/C can also be looked into if people want to see such measures.

Sorry Tubbi I edited your post rather than quoting it by accident and can't change it back - SorrySmithy talking here
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by mikebrfc Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 11:52

PLOW tubbi wrote:

Mate you dont have to tell me about the screwy success penalty, I carried it through all three races three times in total. I'm sure others sandbagged to clear the penalty to get race three wins which when you look at the scoring seemed to happen alot.

I'm not opposed to it, it makes the championship more competitive and it gives the guys who aren't quite on pace with yourself and the faster drivers a chance to mix it and a chance to stick with you and learn something. I would just like to see it applied fairly, like you say, sandbagging was a useable tactic if one chose to use it.

mikebrfc

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 12:01

Sandbagging doesnt work because race 3 is reversed, so even if you win race 2 you have to start from 5th-10th. Only 2 people finished top on points for sprint without carrying any sort of handicap, myself at Brands by 1 point (Tubbi got forced off the road when i overtook him) and Maynard at Long Beach (AOT Steve crashed out of the lead when winning comfortably, also numerous collisions)
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikebrfc Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 13:11

It does and it doesn't, I won race 1 and 2 in B lobby at silverstone, race 2 was tough because LMP phantom (I think) pushed me hard with my power handicap. In race 3 he started ahead of me on the reverse grid and was able to pick his way through the pack to gain more positions and finish strongly and I struggled to pass guys at the back. This isn't an issue because it's what the system is designed to do, I just think if there race 1 success is penalised then race 2 success should also be penalised. As I said, I like the handicap system, but it isn't fair to have one person penalised while others can lose or not receive penalties.

Put it to a vote and see how the rest would like to use the system.

mikebrfc

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 13:19

The people who finish top 3 for race 2 receive penalties, they have to start further down the order for race 3 because race 3 is reversed, that is their penalty.
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikebrfc Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 14:31

SorrySmithy wrote:The people who finish top 3 for race 2 receive penalties, they have to start further down the order for race 3 because race 3 is reversed, that is their penalty.

I understand that a reverse grid is a penalty, no need to highlight that in bold letters, that should mean that either all performance penalties are dropped, or the top 3 get a performance penalty along with a reverse grid draw. Is that not a fair assumption to make? The rules are the rules, and that's ok, I'm just giving you feedback in the feedback topic.

mikebrfc

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 14:49

If you finish top 3 in race 1 and then still finish top 3 in race 2 with a 5% power handicap you have proven that you are fast enough to battle for the race win on that circuit with a 5% power handicap. Therefore a 5% power handicap with a reversed grid should balance you out in the grid. The aim is to make race 3 a grid were anyone can win with uber fast people carrying 5% power and starting down the grid, fast people starting down the grid, standard players starting mid grid and slower people starting at the front of the grid. I realise it may not work out like this but that is the premise.

The compromise is to remove all handicaps for race 3 but I would like to refrain from this. I don't want to see the same person win every race in the sprint series, with the current format some drivers have come close haven't managed it.
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 16:38

SorrySmithy wrote:Testing has started for season 2. If anyone would like to help with testing hit me up, plus you get access to the early builds Wink

Il join with ya
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down