TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

CJ Wilson Cayman Cup Round 7: Road America

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CJ Wilson Cayman Cup Round 7: Road America

Post by BigBen0913 on Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 3:32

Round Seven - Road America Full Circuit - July 19, 2016
Welcome to Round 7 of the CJ Wilson Cayman Cup presented by Logitech G.  This week, we head up to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin for "America's National Park of Speed," Road America.  Road America is listed with some of the finest racing courses in the world, and has hosted several different road-racing series in its long 61 year history.  The circuit was also born from a local SCCA chapter's need for a permanent racing venue in the 1950.  After using the streets of Elkhart Lake for a few years, state legislation was passed that banned all racing on public roads after the danger of the racing taking place there reached their attention.  Luckily for the local racers, a four-mile racing circuit was already being planned.  In 1955, ground was broke to build the racing circuit that we all know today as Road America and has remained virtually unchanged since then.

Qualifying - This will be the typical "6 laps and out" qualifying.  Drivers will have 1 warm-up laps, 4 flying laps, and 1 cool down lap during which drivers will park on Turn 1 were lobby hosts will collect times.  Remember that drivers should be/appear online 15 minutes prior to qualifying start, and should keep in-lobby chat to a minimal.

Race - There will be one race that will last either 90 minutes or 50 laps, depending on which occurs first.  For Road America, that will be a total of 40 laps.  Be sure to figure out your pit windows ahead of time so that you don't catch yourself out.  The race will start in a rolling start format with grid positions determined by qualifying.  Once the race starts, drivers will use the first lap to line up in the proper order.

Remember: To sign-in for the race, please use the sign-in form that you can find here:  http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t16762-cj-wilson-cayman-cup-race-day-sign-in

1st Forza 4 Grand Finale R1 & R2

BigBen0913

TORA Race Number : 213
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2014-08-13

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Road America Track Limits

Post by BigBen0913 on Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 3:57

For Road America, the track limits are pretty simple.  Remembering the "two-wheels on the racing surface" rule, there should be no problems with corner cutting at this track for the most part.  However, that being said, Canada corner does need some defining.  

While you can still run wide on the exit of Canada corner and the lap remains clean (according to Turn 10 standards), you still need to make sure that you have a minimal of two tires on the inside of the white line that indicates the track limits (according to TORA Rules), as shown below.  

1st Forza 4 Grand Finale R1 & R2

BigBen0913

TORA Race Number : 213
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2014-08-13

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: CJ Wilson Cayman Cup Round 7: Road America

Post by abstractmonkey on Wed 20 Jul 2016 - 16:15

To everyone in C lobby last night. Just want to apologize for the sound issue. A crazy thunderstorm blew through and knocked out my receiver on lap 10. I managed to stay connected, but lost the screen long enough to crash pretty hard. When the screen came back it must have unmuted the sound. I had my headphones on and didn't notice. I'll be turning the sound all the way down from now on to be sure it doesn't happen again. Again, I'm sorry and hope it didn't mess anyone up too bad.

abstractmonkey

TORA Race Number : 325
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-09-08

http://abstractmonkey@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CJ Wilson Cayman Cup Round 7: Road America

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:40

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top