Log in

I forgot my password

Facebook
Instagram
Gallery
Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by CRA XenoMorph on Tue 19 Jul 2016 - 11:17



Welcome to the first round of the 2016 TORA Spec Cup Season 3 on Brands Hatch

Meeting 1:  Wednesday 27th of July at 8pm BST
Race 1: Brands Hatch Indy (27 Laps)
Race 2: Brands Hatch GP (20 Laps) (Pitwindow lap 6 - 15)


Sign ins and registrations can be done here Registrations and Sign IN




http://clubcraracing.fullforums.net

CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1167
Location : Halle (Westfalen), Germany
Registration date : 2012-05-03
Reputation : 7

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by desertrainfrog on Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 11:21

FYI: Due to our experiences with the lobby option to force standard settings on the car in the past, we are going to follow the same procedure we used in the finale of the previous season. This will allow everyone to have a proper pit stop during the feature race.

Procedure:
Before exiting the pits during Qualifying, every driver has to make sure that the car's default tuning settings and pit strategy has been applied to their car by applying them once again via the pit menu. Same has to be done within the small warm-up phases between Qualifying, Sprint Race and Feature Race.
This ensures that everyone is driving with exactly the same car settings (tires, fuel, tuning) and that everyone can perform a proper pit stop when needed.
The only time where you are allowed to change your pit strategy is during the race(s) after entering the pits and being asked about the desired pit stop.

Driving with any setting different to the default settings at any time of the event (except in the situation described above), will be penalised and can even result in disqualification (depending on the gained advantage).


If there are any questions, feel free to post them here or in the general discussions thread or by contacting me personally via PM here on TORA or via XBOX Live.



CONTEXT:
When we were running the event with default settings being forced on via the in-game lobby settings, many drivers had issues after completing their mandatory pit stop or when having a pit stop for other reasons. Tire pressures and/or -compounds were changed to a worse setting (e.g. slicks in a full wet race)(even caused a red flag once), damages were not repaired, cars weren't refuelled, etc. resulting in a loss of valuable positions for the affected drivers or even forcing them to retire from the race early.
After having at least one driver affected in every race in the last season, we decided to trust all the participants in applying the default settings and pit strategy themselves for the finale (which was a one hour endurance race on the Nürburgring Nordschleife) in order to give them the ability to set up a proper pit stop during the race. This method proved well. That's why we have decided to use it as the standard for this season.




desertrainfrog

TORA Race Number : 512
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 284
Location : Somewhere close to Hockenheim
Registration date : 2014-05-02
Reputation : 4

http://clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by HCR Super T on Wed 27 Jul 2016 - 19:51

When do invites go out

HCR Super T

TORA Race Number : 227
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 305
Location : Kilmarnock
Registration date : 2013-05-08
Reputation : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by HCR Super T on Wed 27 Jul 2016 - 22:26

Good race for my first ever pcars race. Good battle with dino in race 1. On to round 3 as I'll miss round 2 being on holiday

HCR Super T

TORA Race Number : 227
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 305
Location : Kilmarnock
Registration date : 2013-05-08
Reputation : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by AnonCaliga on Wed 27 Jul 2016 - 22:42

I used to hate, hate with a passion ProjectCARS and within a week of buying it on the day of its release my copy was made redundant and banished to the back of a very dark cupboard until last week when I was asked to compete in this season of TORA SPEC Cup and I can definitely say I'm so glad I did. I am without doubt a massive fan of ProjectCARS thanks to the person who gave me decent controller settings to stop the cars in the game suddenly and unexpectedly whipping left or right trying to kill the virtual driver. Just a damn pity the console version don't have a livery editor.

To all who took part in the inaugural round of season 3 of SPEC Cup a massive thanks, all raced competitvely yet cleanly, thoroughly enjoyed the races tonight.

Thanks also to the hosts and series organisers for putting together a truly enjoyable race series.

Cheers guys.


Last edited by AnonCaliga on Thu 28 Jul 2016 - 7:34; edited 1 time in total






AnonCaliga

TORA Race Number : 360
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 629
Location : UK
Registration date : 2013-11-12
Reputation : 23

http://CTechMotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by desertrainfrog on Wed 27 Jul 2016 - 22:48

Glad to hear that Anon and Super T Smile
Thank you all for the great racing. That was an awesome start into season 3 in my opinion.


Here are the results:
@TJSteel: Please enter them into the sheets or open up the sheets a bit more, so that I can add the last minute joiners. The way the sheets are set up right now doesn't work. Sorry. Thanks advance Wink


Qualifying - Brands Hatch Indy - 15 minutes

  1. BMMC Bandicoot - 51.561
  2. jonnotheone - 51.733
  3. FAA xXNutterXx - 51.907
  4. HCR Super T - 52.013
  5. STUPIDSTU - 52.292
  6. dinosilenzi - 52.328
  7. BR m33pm33p - 52.393
  8. desertrainfrog - 52.611
  9. PJPete02 - 52.972
  10. BTMX Slane - 53.004
  11. AnonCaliga - 53.075
  12. BTMX Amos (formerly Superman) - 53.140
  13. CRA Morphader - 54.625


Race 1 - Sprint Race - Brands Hatch Indy - 27 laps

  1. FAA xXNutterXx
  2. jonnotheone
  3. HCR Super T
  4. BR m33pm33p
  5. dinosilenzi
  6. STUPIDSTU
  7. PJPete02
  8. BMMC Bandicoot
  9. BTMX Slane
  10. BTMX Amos
  11. AnonCaliga
  12. CRA Morphader
  13. desertrainfrog


Race 2 - Feature Race - Brands Hatch GP - 20 laps - 1 mandatory pit stop

  1. desertrainfrog
  2. HCR Super T
  3. dinosilenzi
  4. jonnotheone
  5. STUPIDSTU
  6. BTMX Slane
  7. BMMC Bandicoot
  8. AnonCaliga
  9. BTMX Amos
  10. PJPete02
  11. CRA Morphader
  12. BR m33pm33p
  13. FAA xXNutterXx




desertrainfrog

TORA Race Number : 512
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 284
Location : Somewhere close to Hockenheim
Registration date : 2014-05-02
Reputation : 4

http://clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by BTMX Slane on Wed 27 Jul 2016 - 23:01

Good opener to the season tonight, rain in quali and race one made it interesting especially for the people who pitted for slicks.

Looks like there's going to be some good battles this season.

Good clean racing as usual already looking forward to next week.



BTMX Slane

TORA Race Number : 327
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 199
Location : Newcastle
Registration date : 2014-07-15
Reputation : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by CRA XenoMorph on Thu 28 Jul 2016 - 8:01

Was some good and clean racing guys cheers

Hope to see ya all next week




http://clubcraracing.fullforums.net

CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1167
Location : Halle (Westfalen), Germany
Registration date : 2012-05-03
Reputation : 7

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by HCR TJSteel on Thu 28 Jul 2016 - 12:32

desertrainfrog wrote:Glad to hear that Anon and Super T Smile
Thank you all for the great racing. That was an awesome start into season 3 in my opinion.


Here are the results:
@TJSteel: Please enter them into the sheets or open up the sheets a bit more, so that I can add the last minute joiners. The way the sheets are set up right now doesn't work. Sorry. Thanks advance Wink


Qualifying - Brands Hatch Indy - 15 minutes

  1. BMMC Bandicoot - 51.561
  2. jonnotheone - 51.733
  3. FAA xXNutterXx - 51.907
  4. HCR Super T - 52.013
  5. STUPIDSTU - 52.292
  6. dinosilenzi - 52.328
  7. BR m33pm33p - 52.393
  8. desertrainfrog - 52.611
  9. PJPete02 - 52.972
  10. BTMX Slane - 53.004
  11. AnonCaliga - 53.075
  12. BTMX Amos (formerly Superman) - 53.140
  13. CRA Morphader - 54.625


Race 1 - Sprint Race - Brands Hatch Indy - 27 laps

  1. FAA xXNutterXx
  2. jonnotheone
  3. HCR Super T
  4. BR m33pm33p
  5. dinosilenzi
  6. STUPIDSTU
  7. PJPete02
  8. BMMC Bandicoot
  9. BTMX Slane
  10. BTMX Amos
  11. AnonCaliga
  12. CRA Morphader
  13. desertrainfrog


Race 2 - Feature Race - Brands Hatch GP - 20 laps - 1 mandatory pit stop

  1. desertrainfrog
  2. HCR Super T
  3. dinosilenzi
  4. jonnotheone
  5. STUPIDSTU
  6. BTMX Slane
  7. BMMC Bandicoot
  8. AnonCaliga
  9. BTMX Amos
  10. PJPete02
  11. CRA Morphader
  12. BR m33pm33p
  13. FAA xXNutterXx


updated this for you but a few things to point out,
I don't have project cars so I won't be checking this thread, I only knew about it because Super T pointed it out
secondly if you need help with a doc, PM me otherwise I'll most likely miss it

thirdly, the doc works fine, the reason you can't add more people is because sign in's were closed, the script then does it's job in removing anyone who didn't sign in to tidy up the round page for easier data entry
you have a whole week to sign in so if you miss that deadline then there is only one person to blame for that, if you want to race, sign in on time, there was 2 people that didn't sign in, the other 11 managed just fine, and of the 2 that didn't, you have a team mate who you could have asked to sign you in so there are no excuses for not being able to sign in on time,
if you're not sure you can make it, sign in as maybe and you will be kept on the doc,

The idea that people can just turn up with 5 minutes to go and expect to race after not signing in needs to stop as this is a massive inconvenience to the staff who need to waste their lunch breaks, and taking up more of their own, unpaid time, correcting this kind of stuff.

I've fixed it this time for you but in future make sure you sign in on time otherwise you won't score points for that round, it can be up to the marshal's discretion if you race or not, but I will no longer add late sign ins to the doc so therefore you won't score for that round regardless if you race or not. you have a week to sign in, I'm sure you can spare 1 minute to fill in a form.





1st TCR NoScope Mugello 500

If my reply sounds harsh it's probably sarcasm due to the fact that you asked a question that has already been answered so do yourself a favour and read the thread before asking

HCR TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 680
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1391
Location : Sunderland, North East England
Registration date : 2014-04-24
Reputation : 25

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by dinosilenzi on Thu 28 Jul 2016 - 12:50

HCR Super T wrote:Good race for my first ever pcars race. Good battle with dino in race 1.  On to round 3 as I'll miss round 2 being on holiday

Thanks mate, a very good and clean battle. And then the last lap, when I thought of being able to reach you again, I made a mistake at turn one ... and I lost a place.  lol! But nonetheless a great fun!

dinosilenzi

TORA Race Number : 719
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 282
Location : Italy
Registration date : 2013-01-26
Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by CRA XenoMorph on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 11:07

HCR TJSteel wrote:
desertrainfrog wrote:Glad to hear that Anon and Super T Smile
Thank you all for the great racing. That was an awesome start into season 3 in my opinion.


Here are the results:
@TJSteel: Please enter them into the sheets or open up the sheets a bit more, so that I can add the last minute joiners. The way the sheets are set up right now doesn't work. Sorry. Thanks advance Wink


Qualifying - Brands Hatch Indy - 15 minutes

  1. BMMC Bandicoot - 51.561
  2. jonnotheone - 51.733
  3. FAA xXNutterXx - 51.907
  4. HCR Super T - 52.013
  5. STUPIDSTU - 52.292
  6. dinosilenzi - 52.328
  7. BR m33pm33p - 52.393
  8. desertrainfrog - 52.611
  9. PJPete02 - 52.972
  10. BTMX Slane - 53.004
  11. AnonCaliga - 53.075
  12. BTMX Amos (formerly Superman) - 53.140
  13. CRA Morphader - 54.625


Race 1 - Sprint Race - Brands Hatch Indy - 27 laps

  1. FAA xXNutterXx
  2. jonnotheone
  3. HCR Super T
  4. BR m33pm33p
  5. dinosilenzi
  6. STUPIDSTU
  7. PJPete02
  8. BMMC Bandicoot
  9. BTMX Slane
  10. BTMX Amos
  11. AnonCaliga
  12. CRA Morphader
  13. desertrainfrog


Race 2 - Feature Race - Brands Hatch GP - 20 laps - 1 mandatory pit stop

  1. desertrainfrog
  2. HCR Super T
  3. dinosilenzi
  4. jonnotheone
  5. STUPIDSTU
  6. BTMX Slane
  7. BMMC Bandicoot
  8. AnonCaliga
  9. BTMX Amos
  10. PJPete02
  11. CRA Morphader
  12. BR m33pm33p
  13. FAA xXNutterXx


updated this for you but a few things to point out,
I don't have project cars so I won't be checking this thread, I only knew about it because Super T pointed it out
secondly if you need help with a doc, PM me otherwise I'll most likely miss it

thirdly, the doc works fine, the reason you can't add more people is because sign in's were closed, the script then does it's job in removing anyone who didn't sign in to tidy up the round page for easier data entry
you have a whole week to sign in so if you miss that deadline then there is only one person to blame for that, if you want to race, sign in on time, there was 2 people that didn't sign in, the other 11 managed just fine, and of the 2 that didn't, you have a team mate who you could have asked to sign you in so there are no excuses for not being able to sign in on time,
if you're not sure you can make it, sign in as maybe and you will be kept on the doc,

The idea that people can just turn up with 5 minutes to go and expect to race after not signing in needs to stop as this is a massive inconvenience to the staff who need to waste their lunch breaks, and taking up more of their own, unpaid time, correcting this kind of stuff.

I've fixed it this time for you but in future make sure you sign in on time otherwise you won't score points for that round, it can be up to the marshal's discretion if you race or not, but I will no longer add late sign ins to the doc so therefore you won't score for that round regardless if you race or not. you have a week to sign in, I'm sure you can spare 1 minute to fill in a form.


Thanks TJ Smile




http://clubcraracing.fullforums.net

CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1167
Location : Halle (Westfalen), Germany
Registration date : 2012-05-03
Reputation : 7

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by CRA XenoMorph on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 11:09

Nice to hear that you guys had fun Very Happy




http://clubcraracing.fullforums.net

CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1167
Location : Halle (Westfalen), Germany
Registration date : 2012-05-03
Reputation : 7

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 3: Round 1 - Brands Hatch - 27 July 8pm BST

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:52


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum