TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
TORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
TORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
TORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA and TURN to merge

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 Empty TORA and TURN to merge

Today TORA is pleased to announce another major landmark in our journey.
Following discussions between the two groups of TORA and TURN the decision has been made jointly to merge the two communities ,this means our staff team will be joined by James Brown (HCR Motorhead) as our Head of Live Media, Chris Bell (HCR Bellmond) as our Development manager , Chad McGinley (F4H Stingray) as our Head of Touring Cars and returning to the staff Martin Hall (F4H Trash) as Vice President.

Why merge?
The sim racing community on consoles is a limited one, certainly at the high level we operate at. With this in mind it makes little sense to dilute the community further and effectively reduce competition at both sites.
Both staffing teams agree that this passionate community deserves the best racing possible and in order to produce high quality championships a merge is the only way to ensure the best experience for everyone.

What name will be used?
Again, following conversations between both staff teams the decision has been made to retain the TORA name going forward. Put simply, the TORA ‘brand’ is a well respected one in the motorsport industry and has the additional advantage of having been in existence for nearly ten years.

What is going to happen with championships?
We all agree that both sites had championships that were done particularly well. TURN’s VEC, GT3 and R8 Cup have been extremely well received for example. TORA has also benefitted from great support from partners such as WIX Racing, CJ Wilson Racing, Base Performance and Race Tech to name a few.
The racing community can therefore expect to see the very best of both sites moving forward, enhanced and expanded for this new generation.

What happens with the site’s partners?
TURN partners including Strakka and Logitech will continue to deal with us as will TORA’s sponsors. We plan to jointly develop some very exciting new concepts with our existing partnerships so stay tuned for those later in 2016.

What happens now?
TORA and TURN will continue in 2016 to complete their respective championship runs. No new series will be planned for the remainder of the year outside of those already pre-agreed.
TURN staff will begin to work behind the scenes with their TORA counterparts to shape our new look and calendar for 2017 and beyond in the coming weeks.
Rest assured, the new staff team are keen to get to work on some very exciting projects in the next few weeks and months.
Welcome to the next generation - it’s going to be one heck of a journey!
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

TORA and TURN to merge :: Comments

DonatedSatyr227

Post Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 18:31 by DonatedSatyr227

Would this merge mean the creation of a new website?

Back to top Go down

Chief Tokembowl

Post Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 19:30 by Chief Tokembowl

LMR DarthMario wrote:Naruto = the definition of milking the series for what its worth. 45% of both anime series has been "filler" episodes that don't follow the manga.

enough about that. more about the Merger. SmileTORA and TURN to merge - Page 2 Tumblr_oaoqwxopcu1u55q7oo1_500

I was gonna post "Fu- sion - HA!", but it seems that this dude has already 1-upped me on that comment. Haha. Good stuff.

Back to top Go down

F4H Hakkinen

Post Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 22:49 by F4H Hakkinen

The British 1st wrote:Would this merge mean the creation of a new website?

No it won't I imagine. I'd say TORA will absorb everything that TURN is.

Back to top Go down

F4H Lotterer

Post Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 7:33 by F4H Lotterer

^ Correct ,there will be some changes forum wise but nothing really of note .

Back to top Go down

EZT MAKO 6669

Post Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 12:27 by EZT MAKO 6669

Welcome back trash!! Good to see you and the other guys again.

Back to top Go down

vwdave92

Post Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 3:57 by vwdave92

If you change the logo just remember we have to make it up in the livery editor Smile

Back to top Go down

F4H Lotterer

Post Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 8:59 by F4H Lotterer

Cheers Guys.

I think the logo will stay but do expect a few changes going into the new year .

Back to top Go down

WRA JoeVIR

Post Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 16:24 by WRA JoeVIR

Great both Forza associations merging back to the one monopoly where everything will be worse than it was before. As we can all see everything will be ran by either LMR or F4H so if anyone is planning to partake in any championships with them be prepared to finish behind them because they will fix the rules and builds so it benefits them the most. I'm glad I stopped racing on this site but I have friends who still try to compete and continuously get screwed in races. So goodbye and good riddance to the most biased racing organization in the sim community.

Back to top Go down

F4H Hakkinen

Post Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 16:32 by F4H Hakkinen

WRA JoeVIR wrote:Great both Forza associations merging back to the one monopoly where everything will be worse than it was before. As we can all see everything will be ran by either LMR or F4H so if anyone is planning to partake in any championships with them be prepared to finish behind them because they will fix the rules and builds so it benefits them the most. I'm glad I stopped racing on this site but I have friends who still try to compete and continuously get screwed in races. So goodbye and good riddance to the most biased racing organization in the sim community.

You are very incorrect with many of your 'assumptions'. I am not sure how rules and builds can benefit us anymore than it benefits anyone else? Once all is sorted out, everyone enters a championship with the same builds and rules. I think we, along with LMR, HCR and many other teams, are to thank for the hard work that goes into refining the rules and builds. This merger has to happen to consolidate the community because it is not the beast it used to be.

Sorry you are not happy with this but best of luck on other racing sites and we hope to see you again.

Back to top Go down

HCR Bellmond

Post Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 18:52 by HCR Bellmond

WRA JoeVIR wrote:Great both Forza associations merging back to the one monopoly where everything will be worse than it was before. As we can all see everything will be ran by either LMR or F4H so if anyone is planning to partake in any championships with them be prepared to finish behind them because they will fix the rules and builds so it benefits them the most. I'm glad I stopped racing on this site but I have friends who still try to compete and continuously get screwed in races. So goodbye and good riddance to the most biased racing organization in the sim community.

Think a look into results from this season will disprove your theory without much effort.

F4H and LMR win often because they are fast, simple as. Put as much effort into the building of your team entries and the testing of your car choices and you will also find yourselves moving up the grid.

Practice and great organization is key.

Back to top Go down

ART Carrera

Post Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 20:30 by ART Carrera

This is the kind of complaining we've seen countless times dating years back. We at LMR haven't really been racing with big team entries as of lately, so this argument is already invalid. Second of all, none of the teams you've mentioned have ever done said accused things. The balancing is done by a big group of people, some from big teams and others from smaller or independent teams. Maybe instead of complaining and talking out of your ass, you could use that time to practice and be competitive with the top teams. This is the type of stupidity we don't need around here.

Back to top Go down

SVR Solar

Post Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 20:42 by SVR Solar

you look at the Results from most of the TEC Season, then like others say the theory of yours is incorrect, LMR Hybrid and LMR Harmonic did most of the Builds for LMP and HaydieT and a few others for GT but i did not see them win 1 Endurance Race i believe, correct me if im wrong im not 100% on that, but they have not won every single Race so yeah.

also this is not just for the Builds and Rules to be Done quicker and so on, it is also the Media Team coming on over to help with Live Broadcasting and Comms, if that Helps out LMR and F4H then idunno how that would Benefit them much,

but yeah i just think everything with the Complaining should Come after some given time, ya havent even given us a chance to prove that were here to help improve this site, not mold it for our benefit.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 23:15 by Diablo 29x

If you think that anyone actively tries to rig events in the favor of their own team, go to the TEC thread builds thread right now where drivers from F4H among 5-7 other teams have inputted their thoughts on balancing for the cars, sharing lap times and thoughts on specific cars.

I speak for myself and the racing community- we want to build the Forza racing community, not tear it down. This is why TURN and TORA have banded together, to provide the best site for Forza league racing.

-- It was 5-6 years ago that the IFCA was THE only place to race in a Forza league. It did disband because of stupid people, yes. But for a long time, it was the place, and bias was never an issue --

"... Be prepared to finish behind them."
- WRA JoeVIR

Many of the bigger teams have some of the best drivers in Forza. So yes, you'll finish behind some of us. It would happen regardless of who organized the series.

Many of us are rather honest when you ask about series rules and will not hesitate to speak up if a car seems out of balance. See TEC above, among other series. If we made series to benefit ourselves, that's ENTIRELY against the point of racing.

If you really believe there is a bias, take it up with me in PMs and I'll gladly have that discussion with you to improve things. Or, don't. Choice is yours.

Back to top Go down

Joito04

Post Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 23:50 by Joito04

bye bye Cheers

Back to top Go down

FSR Groves

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 1:03 by FSR Groves

DizzyCupid519 wrote:I would be happy to run it Smile

Late to the party on this, but i'd run in a TORA F1 league on the codemasters game for sure!

Back to top Go down

SVR Solar

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 1:35 by SVR Solar

jgroves1996 wrote:
DizzyCupid519 wrote:I would be happy to run it Smile

Late to the party on this, but i'd run in a TORA F1 league on the codemasters game for sure!

dont worry guys all is being sorted out Smile

Back to top Go down

MID LAND ZETA

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 2:19 by MID LAND ZETA

Forza has f1 Razz

Back to top Go down

HCR Motorhead

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 4:18 by HCR Motorhead

MID LAND ZETA wrote:Forza has f1 Razz

Make a series then Wink

Joe you couldn't be more inaccurate. It is unfortunate that you seem to have convinced yourself otherwise and that you've already made your mind up.

Back to top Go down

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 15:24 by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

...my rag tag team of brothers "Nein Shiza" is 4th in points 1 single point out of 3rd after half a season of tec...
that being said Buckle up or move along because the SHOW WILL GO ON

Back to top Go down

HCR Bellmond

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 15:31 by HCR Bellmond

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:

...my rag tag team of brothers "Nein Shiza" is 4th in points 1 single point out of 3rd after half a season of tec...

For the 1st time ever we actually agree Wink

Back to top Go down

PTG Chungus

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 15:35 by PTG Chungus

Well bye bye b lobbys lol.

if people dont like the change or the way it is run you may have a winge and moan and we can try to resolve it.
Other than that its happening .

Now then 
When is the 60s f1 coming? Anyone

Back to top Go down

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 15:51 by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

HCR Bellmond wrote:
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:

i'm all for the growing of our sport.... plus in the immortal words of Rick Flair... " to be the best you have to beat the best".... while we haven't done it yet our time is coming \m/

Back to top Go down

HCR Bellmond

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 16:08 by HCR Bellmond

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
HCR Bellmond wrote:
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:

i'm all for the growing of our sport.... plus in the immortal words of Rick Flair... " to be the best you have to beat the best".... while we haven't done it yet our time is coming \m/

Preach!!!!!

With the competition this merger has brought back we are all in for a titanic battle. I can wait.

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 16:29 by Matt

If anything the returning names and teams should encourage everybody to up their game and aim even higher than before.
The emphasis has to be on growing our sport, developing our relationship both with games developers and the racing industry. This can only be good for us. eSports is a key buzzword for motorsport at the moment with a number of key teams and championships embracing it and the sim racing community.
We've got a few surprises of our own in store for 2017 but in the meantime, let's absolutely make the most of this opportunity and make the racing the best it can possibly be Smile

Back to top Go down

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Post Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 16:42 by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Matt wrote:If anything the returning names and teams should encourage everybody to up their game and aim even higher than before.
The emphasis has to be on growing our sport, developing our relationship both with games developers and the racing industry. This can only be good for us. eSports is a key buzzword for motorsport at the moment with a number of key teams and championships embracing it and the sim racing community.
We've got a few surprises of our own in store for 2017 but in the meantime, let's absolutely make the most of this opportunity and make the racing the best it can possibly be Smile

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next