I forgot my password

Facebook
Instagram
Gallery
Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

Do you work (or study to work) in Automotive and/or Engineering?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you work (or study to work) in Automotive and/or Engineering?

Post by Foreu2env on Fri 9 Sep 2016 - 20:34

Lately I've been curious about whether there's a connection between sim racers and people who work, plan to work, or study to work in the automotive industry and/or engineering careers?

Whether it's as an automotive service technician, a software engineer, a hardware engineer, an electrical engineer.. there's literally hundreds of jobs in automotive these days. I figure there's no better place to dig into my curiosity than here on TORA, so I've come up with a few questions, kind of an informal survey down below.,,, I'll answer first to get things rolling and hopefully some of you find the time to respond? Either way, thanks for taking the time to read my thread!

Q1a: Do you currently work in or are you currently studying/planning for a career in the automotive industry? If yes, provide as much detail/info about your career as you're comfortable with sharing!

Q1b: If "No" to Q1a above, are you studying for or working in a position that isn't currently automotive related but could be? If yes,do you have a preference towards or against working for an automotive company? (One example would be if you were a software engineer working for non-automotive company and if given the chance to do the same work an automotive company would you make that move or no?)

Thanks!

Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you work (or study to work) in Automotive and/or Engineering?

Post by Foreu2env on Fri 9 Sep 2016 - 20:48

Q1a: Do you currently work in or are you currently studying/planning for a career in the automotive industry?

Yes, I currently work for an automotive supplier. I work in the technology field and while my career isn't based on the automotive industry, I enjoy/prefer working for an automotive company because it lets me mix my passion for cars with daily work life, which definitely makes going to work every day a lot more enjoyable.

Q1b: If "No" to Q1a above, are you studying for or working in a position that isn't currently automotive related but could be? If yes,do you have a preference towards or against working for an automotive company?

If given the choice, I'd stick with an automotive company for reasons mentioned above

Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR ABEnstein on Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 22:28

This is my first post in quite a while. I raced on here very often between 1-3 years ago, but I stopped to focus on finishing high school once the Xbox One became the console of choice. I miss this place, though, and I still follow as a fan.

Q1a: Do you currently work in or are you currently studying/planning for a career in the automotive industry?

On September 22, I will begin studying mechanical engineering at the University of California, Irvine. I hope to gain experience in automotive design principles so that I can qualify to work at a major automobile manufacturer. My biggest goal is to work at the highest levels of motorsport.

I definitely think online racing has had a lot to do with my plans because it broadened my point of view. At the time I started with Forza 2 and 3 around 2009-2010, I only knew and followed NASCAR. The games introduced me to sports cars, including the incredible Le Mans Prototypes that inspired me to look into how I could become involved in designing and testing new cars.

AAR ABEnstein

TORA Race Number : 127
Xbox 360 Mac

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env on Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 0:50

Thats awesome man, great story and congrats on starting school! Good luck and hopefully we all get to drive a car you contributed to designing someday!

Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Minardi on Thu 22 Sep 2016 - 7:07

I just started my first day at my new job at South Motors BMW, a big dealership down here in Miami, FL. I'm now a Certified Pre-owned Client Advisor. That's all fancy talk for Pre-owned Salesman! Haha, I will be selling both new and pre-owned vehicles. I hope too eventually use this as a stepping stone for not only other aspects of my life, but also to pursue my dreams of being involved in motorsports. I've had a passion for Porsche and motorsports in general since the age of 2, so starting off in another excellent German automotive company makes me happy and hungry too work hard. I see many opportunities and ideas on the horizon, so I'm hoping this is a good start!

Q1b: If "No" to Q1a above, are you studying for or working in a position that isn't currently automotive related but could be?

I am still doing online college courses as I begin to work full time at the dealership. I'm currently studying Exercise Physiology, and I'm trying to pursue a degree in Physical Therapy. Its always been a career goal of mine too work as a PT and have my own clinic specializing in athletic injury prevention and care. I will have too see if in the future it would be possible to tie in both of my career paths, or if I end up choosing one that is more resourceful with in the future!

I'd like too hear more about everyone's stories and experiences in the field. Thank you for starting this thread Cheers

LMR Minardi

TORA Race Number : 27
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1510
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 on Thu 22 Sep 2016 - 11:02

I work on superyachts so.... No? Razz

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7203
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sub Zero Nova 2 on Thu 22 Sep 2016 - 11:06

1a: Do you currently work in or are you currently studying/planning for a career in the automotive industry? If yes, provide as much detail/info about your career as you're comfortable with sharing!
Qualified Level 1 Mechanic, Doing engineering level 2 to learn fabrication skills...and bring my electrical skills to scratch, Currently a Kart Mechanic and well....A minor race mechanic, Do work for a freinds track car. Have been a golhper (The one that runs round doing all the small stuff ) with Team Hard and Jamun Racing.

I wanna get back to Racing i quite like race mechanics.

Q1b: If "No" to Q1a above, are you studying for or working in a position that isn't currently automotive related but could be? If yes,do you have a preference towards or against working for an automotive company? (One example would be if you were a software engineer working for non-automotive company and if given the chance to do the same work an automotive company would you make that move or no?)

currently kart mechanic so kinda

" You cant really expect to race in forza and not be taken out...thats like walking into no mans land and expecting not to be shot" -Nova 2K16
Owner of Nova Sport
Second in Command  At Samsung racing 
TORA-  HCR Porsche supercup Season 2 2nd in Private Class 2nd ,  THO VAG Trophy 3rd Teams 3rd , TCC Season 5 Somewhere. Spec cup Third Private class 3rd .
Sub Zero Energy-  4 Times winner of Rally Legends tour 1st 1st 1st 1st , GT Open winner 1st , Spec Series 3 3rd , Flying targa challenge runner up 2nd .
Team Hard Online Racing Series- Season 2 AM VW CUP winner 1st , 2nd BTCC 2nd , 3rd Britcar  3rd

( Insert Ribbons & TORA Role here)

Sub Zero Nova 2

TORA Race Number : 86
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1001
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TAITY351 DR on Thu 22 Sep 2016 - 11:55

I studied Motorsport for a year working on some high end cars 'V8 Supercars, New Zealand V8's, SsangYong Actyon Racing Utes approx #30 built. I miss it!

Q1b: If "No" to Q1a above, are you studying for or working in a position that isn't currently automotive related but could be?

If the opportunity to enter the world of V8 Supercars again or any Motorsport position I will take it. Sadly at New Zealand the opportunities are very limited.
I am using my Motorsport qualification for my YouTube channel and my team. I think qualifications like what I got, benefits the Forza and TORA community.

TAITY351 DR

TORA Race Number : 351
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:53

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top