TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell

Go down

F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell Empty F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell

Hi all,

In the summer of 2005 I first bought an Xbox and with it came Forza Motorsport 1 and the rest is history as they say. Along the way I got to meet some wonderful people, I got to be apart of some fantastic groups and clubs and I have forged friendships for life - most notably with my crew in F4H.

I always questioned my involvement by measuring the substance that I received in return from my involvement. I found a lot of satisfaction and joy in taking a dwindling team in the shape of F4H in 2009 and turning it around to be the most successful in Forza online event racing spanning IFCA, VM, RWS & TORA. There wasn’t much we didn’t enter and we were not at the very top. The team is 12 years old on the 12th of November 2016 and we’ve even been recognised by T10 and featured in FM5 as a weekly hotlap challenge for our 10th birthday. Additionally to that, we do have a great relationship with Turn10 Studios and I must thank Ian (Helios10) for all his assistance over the year and also that he listened to us.

The N24 marks my final race on Forza Motorsport. The substance and competition is gone for me and I think it has been a long time in the making. I remember in FM1 we would have .5 of a second splitting for the top 100-150 but now, seconds split the top 10 at times. The franchise has changed, the community is diluted and we now only have one racing site for our series and unfortunately, I have little faith in things changing. Many of our favourite successes and memories were here in FM3 and FM4 at TORA when we won back to back 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2012 and 2013. I also believe the best racing series, EVER, was the SuperGT/JGTC at IFCA and VM that was no assists racing which made people more aware of their surroundings and the consequences were different. I strongly advise newcomers and guys using assists to venture away from assists and use all of the car - assists are a crutch in part.

I want to thank Victor Lopez and Jacob (Gashi) for head hunting me to take over F4H when V12 wanted me to run their outfit - I’ve now met Victor a number of times and we enjoyed our second trip to Le Mans in the summer and I know there will be many more. I want to thank Tyler Jones (Diablo) for stepping up and taking over the reigns when I stood down. I know it was difficult for him to make the move and all in a time of major transition for us all within FM. Nathan Tague (Senna) has been somebody who is a now a dear friend and one would say our meeting was life changing for sure. It’s hard to believe we’ve never even met although we know people in the same real life circles! I could go on and on as there is so many people who have helped me enjoy the experience more and more along the way. I would say that many of those folks are within F4H and until you’ve been apart of the team, you really don’t understand what it is really like. There is a reason why we’ve stood the test of time, why we’ve seen so many other teams rise and fall around us and it was through the heavy investment in good people. You cannot train character but you can teach someone the workings of Forza - that’s the best advise I can give anyone who wants to start a team.

I look forward to the N24, my favorite track and enjoying my last outing with the guys. I hope we have a great turn out for the event across all teams and the extended community. From day one until the 4th of December, it’s been a pleasure and I wish everyone the very best. I hope in the future that you Forza fans get what you want in order to organise and run the events you want to. We’ve all been loyal fans of the franchise and I don’t think we are getting what we really need. I will make the switch over to iRacing and I will sell my Xbox - it will be a distraction otherwise from the kicks I want to pursue elsewhere - it is not the end of my involvement with F4H as I make the switch over to iRacing.

See you on the track!

Chris
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

F4H Chrisupra - A Farewell :: Comments

Senna

Post Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 20:54 by Senna

The big brother I never had. Love you mate and as I've said on numerous occasions, it's a huge huge shame to see you go. You had a huge amount of patience and time for me at a time when I needed it most and I'll never forget that.

It's probably not an understatement to say you've been a pillar of the Forza community for quite some time now, to see you leave is a shock and speaks volumes about what Forza has become as an experience for us over the years. Perhaps it can be a catalyst for change. I know you have a chance to speak to Ian about why over the next weeks. Your feedback will be invaluable.

I really really hope some day we see you back, that Forza can become the game we both want it to be and this isn't a goodbye but a see you soon.

Until then, you know I'll always be the other side of the phone and if you ever want teaching how to play FPS' you know where I am! (I may even school you on Fifa from time to time).

<3

Back to top Go down

PTG Chungus

Post Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 21:01 by PTG Chungus

Will be sad to see you go go my dude.
I remember my first TEC practice session and we had the biggest of crashes but you just shrugged it off.

All the best dude.

Back to top Go down

HCR Bellmond

Post Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 1:05 by HCR Bellmond

See you on iRacing

Back to top Go down

F4H Hakkinen

Post Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 12:49 by F4H Hakkinen

That you will Chris. I've got my G27 and Obutto rig ready to go and now all I need is my tower. I'm waiting on black friday to buy it and I've got the Xbox sold already so that'll offset the cost of the tower somewhat. You should add me and hook up with our iRacing team now (Chris McGrath - add the name).

Cheers for the shout outs guys. Definitely not looking for any plaudits or anything. For me this isn't a big deal. I'm actually looking forward to the change.

Back to top Go down

HCR Bellmond

Post Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 12:50 by HCR Bellmond

For sure buddy will get on it later

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 13:05 by Diablo 29x

You will forever be the guy that gave me a chance on a full-bore race team. It set the wheels in motion for what I've achieved since and what I will achieve in the future. It's a shame you're bowing out of Forza, but we will be going for gold in iRacing together, so not all is lost. Just not seeing the "Chrisupra" tag pop up on my friends list has already been quite the struggle.

This is a big deal for many of us, simply because you've been a staple of the Forza community for so long. Things will continue, they always do.

We talk a lot already, but thanks a million for everything you've done for me, on all levels. Let's make sure Red Sonja gets the final glory she deserves.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 13:33 by F4H Ascari

I think it's the way many of us are going, each iteration of Forza has been less fulfilling than the last. And that they have lost many of the serious racers to PC speaks volumes.

I still recall my best race of Forza was with you, not as teammates but as rivals in the IFCA Endurance series at Motegi East in the R2 Corvettes where qualifying and race times where top 5 on the leaderboards! With both of us not pitting and that last lap on 100% worn tyres, best race I've ever had.

I'll see you over on PC but I think we'll all miss you on console. Much love x

Back to top Go down

Foreu2env

Post Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 14:14 by Foreu2env

Sorry to hear we're losing you on FM but glad you're not giving it all up! ...but now you're telling me I need to get iRacing.. damnit.

Back to top Go down

EZT MAKO 6669

Post Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 14:45 by EZT MAKO 6669

Indeed a sad statement on the state of Forza! I only know you by rep, but I know what you've stood for and what you've meant to this community.

Like all of you, I have been passionate about Forza for the last 5+ years or so. Some of my best and closest friends online are from the Forza community. Outside of playing GTA with my son and nephew, the best times I've had online have been racing here at TORA, at VM, with my team, and even with my first league Finish Line Racing. Every time another person falls by the wayside, there is a real sense of loss.

Despite a few flaws, I really feel that FM6 is a great game with a lot to  offer. I was really hoping it would re-ignite the passion that many once had. I've been very disappointed that it did not.

Anyways, enough of the sappy stuff. Good luck bud and be sure to keep us up to date on your Iracing career!!

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 15:39 by Matt

Very best of luck with the move to iRacing. It's definitely the stand out sim on PC. I wish I had a decent set up to do it justice but with thoughts moving to family and such I can't justify it anymore.
You will be missed from the Forza side of things. I hope to see you around though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 19:05 by Account not used

you will defiantly be missed from the forza comunity

Back to top Go down

LMR Deftone MX

Post Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 1:24 by LMR Deftone MX

I remember one of my first times talking to Chris was before the N12 a few years ago. I remember him chuckling about the fact that leaders of rival teams don't shoot the breeze like we were, which seemed strange to me as Chris is such an easy guy to talk to! You'll be greatly missed on Forza/Xbox, but do add me on iRacing peach! I love you

Back to top Go down

F4H Hakkinen

Post Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 11:35 by F4H Hakkinen

Ha, yeah I do remember our early encounters. The battles F4H had with LMR back then and we also had LRT and CQR in the mix too. Getting into lobby one was an achievement in itself.

I'll surely add you Collin. Think we gonna get ready for Daytona with Dion. Guys sent out the graphic for it yesterday.

Back to top Go down

HCR Motorhead

Post Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 17:40 by HCR Motorhead

Doesn't sound like the end as such, but a new beginning. And you can't get rid of us, there's already a few on iRacing!

I remember trying hard in the old VM days to get to the level I'm at now when guys like you were already established there. Looks like I'll be repeating that soon enough for iRacing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down