TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion

+34
ruthlessrellik
Floodman11
Senna
Ax4x Chaddy
TechnologicMau5
galeforce97
WR Mikey
TFz Kami
LZR Racerz
HCR generaltso
HCR Mad Bull
TJSteel
DDM Driv3
LZR Harmonic
SVR Solar
SFM Darkzer
HCR Hamish
Capirossi22
ESV Moshys
xVampirAx
theboomeranga
F4H Hakkinen
Miiraki
Foreu2env
MID LAND ZETA
Renegade JPS
Freheliaz
STR stug77
xebot360
HCR Motorhead
Blacky Mojo
SGR Amber
Focusatze
Diablo 29x
38 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion

Post by HCR Motorhead Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 1:12

I started this in 2012 and where I am now is a product of 4 years of progress. I mean, there was that freak Sebring 2013 result and my double stint, where I did a Vettel at Monza in 2008 and hit a sweet spot, but it's been progress even since that. Getting up there more of the time, still studying what the fast guys do, how they tune, and finding what works. And adjusting my driving style to make it work.

I've found that to go fast, you always have to be prepared to go out of your comfort zone. The guy who said "If you're in control then you're not going fast enough," might speak a small bit of sense!

One C is better.

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 1SYCYfDTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 VWFRPRpTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 KXuWtxqTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 NmyjVoUTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 ZxxURAMTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 JgDewLgTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 WLxDUZYTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 5nPqOwATORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 K91JzVYTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 70LXLscTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 ZZnXNxnTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 JUwEMx8TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 PZtkh8X
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion

Post by Foreu2env Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 1:57

What they said plus:

Don't quit. You will want to quit if it feels like you're outclassed, dont. If half the team quits, keep going anyway. If your team has a driver miss a stint or 9, still show up for the ones you can.

I had my ego adjusted when the 24h Le Mans was one of my first races and I went from owning online lobbies to saying "sorry" as the slowest people lapped me.

I blamed tuning, its way more than tuning. You will get faster the more you practice with and against people that are faster than you.

Have fun

Foreu2env
Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 7:59

Foreu2env wrote:What they said plus:

Don't quit. You will want to quit if it feels like you're outclassed, dont. If half the team quits, keep going anyway. If your team has a driver miss a stint or 9, still show up for the ones you can.

I had my ego adjusted when the 24h Le Mans was one of my first races and I went from owning online lobbies to saying "sorry" as the slowest people lapped me.

I blamed tuning, its way more than tuning. You will get faster the more you practice with and against people that are faster than you.

Have fun

I agree to a point but I think tuning does play a part even if it is only to give you that mentality to go quicker because you have pushed and pushed and seem to get nowhere without one (yes I'm referring to myself lol) . Personally I feel I've come along way since joining I didn't ever use manual on racing games and had all assists on where as now I use manual and no assists it really does bring a little more realism to the gaming experience.

STR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2013-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 8:16

Tunes can help for sure, especially on a track like this where it's a driver's track. If you can get your hands on a top tune then at least you know where you stand pace wise and ability wise. Maybe you'll understand what you need to do to extract the pace, and then work on it.

As with everything, studying and doing your homework is just as important as the doing part.

One C is better.

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 1SYCYfDTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 VWFRPRpTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 KXuWtxqTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 NmyjVoUTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 ZxxURAMTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 JgDewLgTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 WLxDUZYTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 5nPqOwATORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 K91JzVYTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 70LXLscTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 ZZnXNxnTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 JUwEMx8TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 PZtkh8X
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 9:06

HCR Motorhead wrote:Tunes can help for sure, especially on a track like this where it's a driver's track. If you can get your hands on a top tune then at least you know where you stand pace wise and ability wise. Maybe you'll understand what you need to do to extract the pace, and then work on it.

As with everything, studying and doing your homework is just as important as the doing part.

For sure a think you get out of it what you put in which for me sums it up perfectly yes it is only a game ..... however I think it's more than that I've bought countless new releases since forza6 was released but I always come back to it which is a statement in itself!

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 11:54

Foreu2env wrote:What they said plus:

Have fun

The Nissan GT-R LM team at TEC LM24. Missed three stints, still went out fighting like it was for the win.

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 Banner11
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 12:08

[/quote]

The Nissan GT-R LM team at TEC LM24. Missed three stints, still went out fighting like it was for the win.[/quote]

Yeah that for me is the only way to approach it some do it for fun and while it is fun don't get me wrong I'm constantly Trying to improve and one day I WILL be in lobby A lol

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 13:13

I remember my first A lobby appearance... Lag Bombed myself out on the first lap.

SGR Amber
SGR Amber

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 13:44

Everyone starts somewhere- My first race was on FM2, and I was lobby 7 of 8 (8 person lobbies back then), 4 seconds off of pole time. My first race in A Lobby, my dog walked into my room and tripped over the ethernet cord and disconnected me from Xbox Live.

Not getting discouraged is crucial, and being patient goes a long way in these sorts of races. Picking this race as your first enduro is quite something. It's the hardest race on the calendar, kudos for challenging yourselves.

If you need any help, feel free to reach out. I'm not too much help at tuning, but I do know my way around the Nordschleife pretty well Smile

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 Rib110
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 14:01

Sindroome24 wrote:F4H Diablo trust me, I recognize your guys GT from the leaderboard. I run /r/redditracing, and was up at the front end when we ran our "Reddit Le Mans Series", albeit with shorter races and not as fast a field.

I'm not having any issues crashing, just hesitant to go flat in certain sections, our car is a little too stiff at the moment.

One of our guys has also never run with manual before, talk about getting thrown to the wolves.

We wanted to see how TORA operates and how we stack up, what better way than the hardest enduro!

Yeah, assists is huge. Turn it all off I say!
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 14:34

F4H Hakkinen wrote:Yeah, assists is huge. Turn it all off I say!

He's 100% correct, driving without assists will make you better and faster... but for the drivers that haven't even driven a manual transmission yet.... take things one step at a time. As many have mentioned, keep the car on the track should be goal #1.. once staying on track is easy, then start taking away assists one at a time.
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 16:26

Turn all the Assists off you half the Grid, we have to take precautions to make sure we maximize it, me personally i only Race with Braking Line, but im not to bothered about it, i'd just need to put more time and effort into the Racing and practice, but i can't do that nowadays. so yeah w.e floats the Staffs Boat i guess.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 16:31

HCR Solar wrote:Turn all the Assists off you half the Grid, we have to take precautions to make sure we maximize it, me personally i only Race with Braking Line, but im not to bothered about it, i'd just need to put more time and effort into the Racing and practice, but i can't do that nowadays. so yeah w.e floats the Staffs Boat i guess.

Yeah for sure I agree with that solar although once you get used to no assists you wonder why you ever used them lol.
I run with braking line but again that's because I simply have no time to practice although I will be getting as much practice as I can if I end up running

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 17:13

F4H Diablo wrote:My first race in A Lobby, my dog walked into my room and tripped over the ethernet cord and disconnected me from Xbox Live.

And this is why our team is cat based!

One C is better.

HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 17:20

HCR Solar wrote:Turn all the Assists off you half the Grid,

He was giving advice to new drivers about how to become faster drivers.. Nobody was making any suggestions that there should be any new/additional bans on assists for the events
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 18:45

Cats only go sit in front of the TV.

First thing to to do is learn to drive manual (with or without) clutch. And turn ABS off. I personally run with Traction Control on in depending on the car. A GT3 car it's on. TCC it's off. Rain might put it on depending on the grip.

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 SEDnkBhTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 JUwEMx8

Achievements
1st Indy 500 Lobby C 2020
3rd British GT Independent GT4 2017
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th Independents GT Cup 2019
5th Teams V8 Supercars 2018
4th Le Mans 2017 GT Class
5th Spa 2017 GT Class
6th ASCC Endurance Cup 2017
5th British GT Winter Independents 2016
4th Ambitious But Rubbish Championship Mazda 2016
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km 2015
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams 2015
First Lobby Win:
2015 TCR TCC Round 4 Lobby C
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 19:24

In many of these especially new cars and racing cars with fancy seamless sequential gearboxes, you can get away with just using manual in game. But the clutch is useful to be able to use, especially for production/street car based events.

I keep TCS on but this is where the important bit is. You don't want the TCS to blip constantly like Gordon Ramsay on TV. If it flashes for a tiny bit, it's ok, but if it's constantly on and the car feels a bit boggy/crap on corner exit, that's a LOT of time you just sacked!

One C is better.

HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 19:56

GTR Moshys wrote:in the rain there is no way I could go 2 hours without getting damage once. it would just be constant rounds of stops for a lot of people. I do like to race in the rain and I don't mind it but in a long period of time it just wouldn't be fun at all.

The race will be constant rounds of stops anyway... The cars have to pit for fuel every 3 laps.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Focusatze Fri 18 Nov 2016 - 7:31

HCR Motorhead wrote:
F4H Diablo wrote:My first race in A Lobby, my dog walked into my room and tripped over the ethernet cord and disconnected me from Xbox Live.

Made my day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Focusatze
Focusatze

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-12-19

http://www.forzalife.de

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Fri 18 Nov 2016 - 13:27

A whole load of great advice guys Smile and i agree 100%. Practice makes perfect and if you feel you're struggling then don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help. The community is here for a reason and we're not cutthroats who will ignore requests Smile
As for the assists I run with Braking line on (I have terrible depth perception without it), STM off TCS on, manual w/ clutch and normal steering as sim is for wheels not controllers (normally at least I know people run sim steering with controllers and you guys are gods)
Over the next few weeks I'll be at home most of the time and practicing so feel free to message me and I can run a session or two with you guys, give a few pointers and things. I'm not top of the food chain but I can hold my own Smile

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 DD8nrex
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 SZURIXJTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 QOKrWbyTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 MzPrStATORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 3mPrZ2X
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 BzhXMsxTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 H8F35LITORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 KrhnLgxTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 K65jjcu
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 WNF2dBuTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 LENnCx1TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 2GvHyoqTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 EoWXJFz
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 PLJWhqHTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 KsRDGimTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 HATP6CPTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 RfgBHz5TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 8XA7yfT
1st Lemons @ Le Mans 2nd Privateers Fiesta Spec Cup
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Fri 18 Nov 2016 - 14:44

HCR Motorhead wrote:

And I always thought it was Happy Canine Racing, I quit!

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 6T7qFVr
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 Zst5M5hTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 HO2y8XFTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 4ytmJViTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 GNpJaim
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 YEKeOxCTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 5JemV3bTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 70LXLscTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 5dgM0tE
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 SEDnkBhTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 JUwEMx8
1st TCR NoScope Mugello 500
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Fri 18 Nov 2016 - 14:51

**Update**

Taking in feedback from the community, it has been decided to alter the stints to more accurately follow the real-life N24 that takes place at the end of May each year. As reference, for this year's event, the sunset was at 9:30pm, and the sunrise was at 5:30am. You'll notice the stints match this pretty closely. Qualifying will still take place in the day time under sunny skies.

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 Rib110
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 3 Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Fri 18 Nov 2016 - 18:15

HCR TJSteel wrote:
HCR Motorhead wrote:

And I always thought it was Happy Canine Racing, I quit!

We can use both names, and Frez can run under his new sidearm of HCR, 'Pit Again Motorsports'

SGR Amber
SGR Amber

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 18:45

Just to clarify N24 does it include the F1 track or is it just the nordschleife?

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 19:06

The Full N24 Layout, featuring the shortened F1 loop.

SGR Amber
SGR Amber

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next