Donations
Donations options

American Sports Car Championship - General Chat

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: American Sports Car Championship - General Chat

Post by HCR Motorhead on Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 13:51

ShrinkingSteven wrote:Question.

How come Calson  raiders still gets P6 in class when he stopped at the side of the track for about 25mins to go after he removed himself from the genepool trying to lap a Porsche on the outside of the kink?

Just curious that's all because if I find myself in a position where I can't get any better than last in lobby i would park it with 90mins to go and still beat everyone in lower lobbies? Seems odd if you ask me.

If we could do without the unsubstantiated comments, that would be great.

HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2012-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 14:16

Incident will be reviewed.

Also yes, people reading the rules would be great but you can't always get what you want...

Also huge shoutout to Echovelocity and RW26 Blaze for hosting C lobby after MrDriv3's internet completely shut off. You guys saved the day!

Sole Owner the Meme Cannon™

2012 VLN- SP2, F4H Chowderheads: 2nd

F4H Diablo

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2104
Registration date : 2011-01-22

View user profile http://www.f4hmotorsport.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBigMan43 on Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 16:17

AnonCaliga wrote:Regarding people giving out the wrong information about the rules of the series, pit stops allowed, race end time, race end procedure and everything else between... why doesn't everyone that is taking part in the series take fifteen minutes to go read and understand the actual series rules supplied by TORA for each series/event? I really don't understand why so many people have so many variations on what is or isn't allowed, read the damn series rules and regs people.

I heard a host recently tell a lobby that were racing GT class that if they took their 4th pit stop by such and such time they wouldn't make it to the end of the race... WTF?!?!
You ARE allowed to pit more than four times, you must however just make sure that you have made all of your four GT class mandatory pit stops by a set time. Once you have completed your four stops you can still pit afterwards.

I have read the rules, word for word before getting my race numbers. There is a lag-out rule for the endurance racing, but nothing for the sprint rounds under the ASCC rules. But, under the general sporting regulations, it says this:

Lagging Out of a Race:
7.9.6 If a competitor fails to finish the race they will score points for last position in their lobby for that race. In the event the meeting has multiple races and they do not take to the grid for the next race, they will not score points for that race.
7.9.7 If a competitor lags out of a race where the finish decision is based on distance, they will score points based on distance traveled relative to all competitors based on the car closest to them feeding back mileage at time of lag out.

If this doesn't fall under this series, then can we get an update to stop the confusion?
OneBigMan43

TORA Race Number : 193
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 16:33

As I posted on the previous page, Lagouts/DNF's in these Sprint races place you behind all those who finished, effectively bottom of final lobby.

I think because the rules aren't thoroughly read by the racers (massive generalization, not applicable in all cases), most of you just kind of "know" what the rules are with points, lagouts, grid procedure, etc. But when we have new drivers pop in, it can cause confusion.

Rules have been amended to clarify this situation. If there are any other rules needing clarification, let me know, and I'll amend what's needed.

F4H Diablo

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by FranchittiFan on Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 17:30

Really enjoyed racing in a GT car again, fought from 14th in Lobby C to Finish 3rd, could have been in that epic lead battle if it wasn't for down shift issues with my logitech wheel.

FranchittiFan

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 9037
Registration date : 2008-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by echovelocity on Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 17:36

AnonCaliga wrote:Regarding people giving out the wrong information about the rules of the series, pit stops allowed, race end time, race end procedure and everything else between... why doesn't everyone that is taking part in the series take fifteen minutes to go read and understand the actual series rules supplied by TORA for each series/event? I really don't understand why so many people have so many variations on what is or isn't allowed, read the damn series rules and regs people.

I heard a host recently tell a lobby that were racing GT class that if they took their 4th pit stop by such and such time they wouldn't make it to the end of the race... WTF?!?!
You ARE allowed to pit more than four times, you must however just make sure that you have made all of your four GT class mandatory pit stops by a set time. Once you have completed your four stops you can still pit afterwards.

Don't think I said that, but since I was involved in running the room, I apologize for not knowing the rules 100%. You can't reasonably expect all drivers to know the rules inside and out, but the host should.

Our start wasn't how it should have been (we did 8.4.6.1 instead of 8.4.3) and there was confusion about the pit stops and end times as you mentioned above. Neither Blaze nor myself are official hosts for the series, but we were running quite late, and I figured I might as well get it going otherwise we might not even have a race. And, while there was confusion at times during the race, it went off without any major incidents.

If anyone, particularly staff members, feel they have a strong grasp of the rules for this series, or any hosted by TORA, I'd encourage you to let the organizers know you are willing to host. It's better to have a surplus so organizers can have primary and secondary hosts, or party chat leaders, so that if what happened to Driv3 happens again, there's already someone lined up to keep the ball rolling.

Diablo, something that came up that isn't explicitly mentioned in the rules is the race length (8.5.1). The lobby is set up for 2:30:00, but would the formation lap and race start time affect the race end time? For example, if we do the formation lap and start at 2:27:00, would the race end at 27:00, or 30:00?

Also, for mandatory pit stops, do those need to be completed by a certain time during the race? I don't see a specific rule (should be 9.3), but at Indy and Road Am, we went with 10 minutes from the end of the race as the cutoff.
echovelocity

TORA Race Number : 272
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2016-07-29

View user profile http://www.SimROnline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 19:40

The race ends when 2 hours of the race has elapsed, regardless of time spent on the warmup lap. The lobby results aren't combined together by time, so, that's why it's done that way.

Lately, I've set the room to 2:15 instead of 2:30, since the extra time isn't needed... I'll make that change in the settings as well.

In terms of the time when the pitlane closes... there's no rule saying when your stops need to be completed by other than before the end of the race. I'll add a rule 9.3 that specifies that mandatory stops must be done w/ 5 minutes remaining in the race, this way you can't finish the race in the pitlane... Most abide by this anyway, but again, for new people, lack of clarification makes confusion. I'll also write rule 9.3.1 to state that the pitlane is open past this 5 minute buffer for drivers having to make an extra/unscheduled stop, but only in that case.

Anyone that wants to throw their name into the ring to host events, PM me. We (All Staff) would really, really appreciate any help we can get!

F4H Diablo

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by THR Flipmode on Sun 9 Jul 2017 - 16:10

Any thought to decreasing lobby size to fit within party chat limits? VIR is unforgiving and there is a greater potential for collisions.

THR Flipmode

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2016-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 18:55

THR Flipmode wrote:Any thought to decreasing lobby size to fit within party chat limits?  VIR is unforgiving and there is a greater potential for collisions.

The goal is to have 16 per lobby to prevent issues, but due to a lack of hosts and class splits, we've been at like 18-20 for the last few races. *Hopefully* we are able to do 16 player lobbies at VIR. It's going to be a tricky race. We may discover that VIR doesn't do all 4 classes here for a reason... or we may have reason to believe that it works out just fine. Won't know until about 530 on Sunday evening Laughing

F4H Diablo

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by V12 JoSe FoRZa on Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 20:18

Hi, I have to sort in Q1 and I have an hour and a half connected and I do not receive an invitation. I missed my time?

V12 JoSe FoRZa

TORA Race Number : 547
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead on Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 3:37

Rebellion sucks Sad

HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2012-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V12 JoSe FoRZa on Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 9:46

HCR Motorhead wrote:Rebellion sucks Sad

I'll exchange it for the corvette! Very Happy

V12 JoSe FoRZa

Xbox One Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 12:47

The ebbs and flows of the prototype class... Last round the DP's were close to a second off pace of the Mazda and definitely a second off the Rebellion. This round, it's reversed.

Should lead to a great finale at Laguna Seca!

F4H Diablo

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by V12 JoSe FoRZa on Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 12:55

I do not think the corvette is faster to come than toyota and mazda, it is very difficult to balance cars but the corvette is the worst car, I have not seen any circuit where it is superior one second to its rivals when of the rest if I have seen it. It will be a big party laguna seca!

V12 JoSe FoRZa

Xbox One Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Law on Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 23:07

V12 JoSe FoRZa wrote:I do not think the corvette is faster to come than toyota and mazda, it is very difficult to balance cars but the corvette is the worst car, I have not seen any circuit where it is superior one second to its rivals when of the rest if I have seen it. It will be a big party laguna seca!

Big party with the mazda off in the distance Very Happy
TLR Law

TORA Race Number : 962
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by some evil dude on Fri 14 Jul 2017 - 23:35

My cable has been getting robbed for past few days. Figure this is the best place to say it, I may drop out during session. And I may even cancel if the providers can't do their job.
To be frank, how hard is it to just send a [Censored] bill to your neighbor anyway?
some evil dude

TORA Race Number : 440
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ablueN1njaBear on Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:58

I don't know if I've enjoyed a race more than VIR. Even with me driving like trash and how hectic it all was. Thanks for making it an epic one to everyone in A lobby Smile

ablueN1njaBear

TORA Race Number : 241
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2016-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Filip S on Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 22:47

The longer I race in this series the more I miss Lime Rock. Short tracks are fun. Traffic is fun. Maybe if the series reappear in 7 we can count it in.
Till then see ya at Laguna Sega!

Jan Filip S

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2016-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 0:36

Maybe for an exhibition on FM7... just GTLM/GT, because VIR was scary enough.

Also they need to get rid of the tire walls in the South variant before I'd sign off on an ASCC race there Evil or Very Mad

F4H Diablo

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by THR Flipmode on Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 3:08

assuming normal qualifying schedule this week? I know McLaren qually is same night. there is enough time between them. I need to qually both on Wednesday as I'm busy this weekend.
THR Flipmode

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2016-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CAR Harmonic on Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 22:31

V12 JoSe FoRZa wrote:I do not think the corvette is faster to come than toyota and mazda, it is very difficult to balance cars but the corvette is the worst car, I have not seen any circuit where it is superior one second to its rivals when of the rest if I have seen it. It will be a big party laguna seca!

The Corvette isn't the worst car at all... It beats the Ford on quite a few tracks, and it destroys the LMP2s on the straights, which has proven race after race to be more important than outright pace.
CAR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1019
Registration date : 2013-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlsonsRaiders on Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 22:39

Indeed. Being on the LMP2 side of things, I can match the DPs for lap times, but when it comes to something like the rolling start, I might as well be standing still in the Rebellion compared to them.

CarlsonsRaiders

TORA Race Number : 727
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2014-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ACG NO MERCY on Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 0:25

I just know this track is small so I hope alot closer times in qualifying.🙂

ACG NO MERCY

TORA Race Number : 876
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2016-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ACG NO MERCY on Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 1:29

Hey guys l, I'm on currently. Tuning for awhile. Anyone is welcome to practice with me. Just message me

ACG NO MERCY

Xbox One Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ACG NO MERCY on Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 3:24

it looks like people didn't show up at qualifying today.

ACG NO MERCY

Xbox One Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next