TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion

+53
FAA Mad Bomber
Lanrell21
SorrySmithy
AMS Shagga
GTDon2
LMP Crimsonify
Muiry
AMS Jubba
GTR Widowed
XRS RoberAstur
DOR Corcoran
HordSS
FTR LEGENDZ
BM Norm
CLARK BRATS 22
MRT Peter86
JordanMcGonigal
RANDPLAYER
Zai8567
PPS Lucky
Fusion14
Heikonyan
Wicked Singe
FSR Groves
Jan Filip S
EZT MAKO 6669
SVR NO MERCY
LZR Harmonic
Ax4x Mikey J
ORC Sarverious
Amarth
TheMaddBrownie
GR1M RACER
BigBen13x
Owen Vision
TLR Scrublord
LMR Manthey
Biggsy tv
S34LEY
Diablo 29x
SGR Amber
DOR ForlornBear
LMP Dragon
EllahElly
isyoube
HCR Faithless
HCCR Rabidus
LSEM BIGMAN
STR stug77
Kurzheck
SubaruWRX522
XUnknownHitmanX
Matt
57 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion

Post by HCCR Rabidus Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 22:37

So race 1 is in and this series is trash

Reasons why its trash
1. Inconsistencies between hosts and lobbies ie. Sim in one lobby fuel and tire in another
2. No lobby settings for EVERYONE TO SEE
3. Hosts that can't hold a lobby are expected to host
4. Game chat is still trash but run it anyway
5. Host didnt make sure EVERYONE is in lobby before starting race

This series is no better than British GT the first go round in my opinion

Last edited by xl RABIDUS lx on Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 22:41; edited 1 time in total

HCCR Rabidus

TORA Race Number : 157
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2016-05-01

Back to top Go down

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion

Post by DOR ForlornBear Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 22:40

xl RABIDUS lx wrote:So race 1 is in and this series is trash

Reasons why its trash
1. Inconsistencies between hosts and lobbies ie. Sim in one lobby fuel and tire in another
2. No lobby settings for EVERYONE TO SEE
3. Hosts that can't hold a lobby are expected to host
4. Game chat is still trash but run it anyway

This series is no better than British GT the first go round in my opinion

+1000000 totally agree

DOR ForlornBear

TORA Race Number : 672
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2016-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HCCR Rabidus Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 22:44

Unless major changes are made between now and next race dont expect all of DR drivers to return to this series thanks for the car btw

HCCR Rabidus

TORA Race Number : 157
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2016-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ORC Sarverious Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 22:47

I couldn't find the guy for lobby 4. I missed qualifying for race one, but do to him showing offline I couldn't make the race, and missed both races. I don't blame TORA, except that they should make sure the guys hosting show online, so I don't have to look up twenty racers to find one who answers me.

T10 dropped the ball on MP this time around, and if it doesn't get better, the 2o4f entries will probably join the list of dropouts. sucks as this series sounded like alot of fun.
ORC Sarverious
ORC Sarverious

TORA Race Number : 883
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2016-04-22

https://onlineracingcollec.wixsite.com/home

Back to top Go down

Post by PPS Lucky Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 22:56

Unfun [Censored] show. Yep, that sums up today.

Forza 7 is a mess.
Qualified for [Censored]
Got knocked off the track both races.

I thought this was a for fun activity?

PPS Lucky

TORA Race Number : 316
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 23:04

Race one had to drop out as for some reason game menu music continued to play once racing started so no engine noise couldn't hear other competitors. Race 2 game chat disappeared and returned intermittently and so couldn't hear what was going on.....
So to sum up.....a complete nightmare

STR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2013-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ORC Sarverious Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 23:10

looks like everyone who want to competitive racing have their hopes too high. Turn10 is going to need to patch this sinking ship quick, or lose more of its dedicated player base. said for the 7th iteration of a series with a decently competent team
ORC Sarverious
ORC Sarverious

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 23:20

The racing was good... when it worked properly. It seems beyond Turn10s major issues that hosts were chosen and not properly briefed on lobby settings. Grid was horrible but 90% of that was due to not being able to communicate and the track being way too short for a normal warm up lap. On these shorter tracks warm up should be 2 laps to give enough time to properly form up. Our host in B lobby did the best he could with what little he was given. Hopefully the incoming patch will help with these in game issues.
SubaruWRX522
SubaruWRX522

TORA Race Number : 229
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2017-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by EllahElly Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 23:33

SubaruWRX522 wrote:The racing was good... when it worked properly. It seems beyond Turn10s major issues that hosts were chosen and not properly briefed on lobby settings. Grid was horrible but 90% of that was due to not being able to communicate and the track being way too short for a normal warm up lap. On these shorter tracks warm up should be 2 laps to give enough time to properly form up. Our host in B lobby did the best he could with what little he was given. Hopefully the incoming patch will help with these in game issues.

I will agree with DJProfessor doing his best which was appreciated. Everything else...GONG SHOW
EllahElly
EllahElly

TORA Race Number : 270
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Widowed Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 8:46

i cant wait to finally get the car and join in the fun

GTR Widowed

TORA Race Number : 537
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2016-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 8:54

VBR Widowed wrote:i cant wait to finally get the car and join in the fun

Make sure you get your forum name changed to match your gamertag change mate or you may be missed 👍

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 9:02

Game glitches aside I think the guys did extremely well to make the evening run as smoothly as we could.
Unlike others in the community we take the challenges given to us and do our best to make sure you all can go racing.
The information from this meeting will be collated and sent to Turn 10 as hard data proving they have some issues and hopefully they can address them as soon as possible.
What we won't do is trash the game. That's unprofessional. It is clear there are some elements of the game that worked well in FM6 (were even added during that title's lifespan) and have - for whatever reason - been omitted from 7 at this time.
I thank everyone for their patience last night. D Lobby went surprisingly well though we also had the communication issues during the race. The actual racing was great and I had fantastic battles with keithn, LMR Bandit and Jan. Smile
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 9:52

Hugely dispointed but that was not down to any individual.
Put alot of time into testing/practice and paint and to not being able to race in race 1 and completely thrown out of rhythm in race 2 due to communication issues is quite frustrating.
Well done to staff running it as well as you guys did.
Will write it off as game problems and move on I guess.
On to the next track

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 10:13

In hindsight the track didn't invite as much passing as I remember in TCC back in the day but with this also being a first meeting of a new series I think there was also an element of trying to play it safe and get decent points from pretty much everyone in our lobby.
Didn't stop there being some brilliant close action though Smile

Roll on the next races.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Widowed Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 10:30

DOR stug77 wrote:
VBR Widowed wrote:i cant wait to finally get the car and join in the fun

Make sure you get your forum name changed to match your gamertag change mate or you may be missed 👍

i have put a request in to change it

GTR Widowed

TORA Race Number : 537
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2016-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS Jubba Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 10:40

SubaruWRX522 wrote:The racing was good... when it worked properly. It seems beyond Turn10s major issues that hosts were chosen and not properly briefed on lobby settings. Grid was horrible but 90% of that was due to not being able to communicate and the track being way too short for a normal warm up lap. On these shorter tracks warm up should be 2 laps to give enough time to properly form up. Our host in B lobby did the best he could with what little he was given. Hopefully the incoming patch will help with these in game issues.

Was literally just about to come on and write exactly the same, in a bad situation the host did extremely well to actually get the race underway, enjoyed the racing once we got going, although just couldn't bring myself to go through the start again of race 2 so dropped out, hoping it is better for us next week

AMS Jubba

TORA Race Number : 352
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zai8567 Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 10:44

Hopefully I get the car by this weeks race.

Zai8567

TORA Race Number : 364
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 11:15

burnoutforzaX wrote:Hopefully I get the car by this weeks race.

You should do mate next race is 2 weeks away

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Muiry Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 12:02

PPS Lucky wrote:Unfun [Censored] show. Yep, that sums up today.

Forza 7 is a mess.
Qualified for [Censored]

Sorry about race 2, my internet got very unhappy despite having been completely fine during qualy. Looks like I'll be out of the rest of the race meets until I can get something better sorted, as it is it just makes me a liability on the track
Muiry
Muiry

TORA Race Number : 101
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 12:25

PTG Muiry wrote:
PPS Lucky wrote:Unfun [Censored] show. Yep, that sums up today.

Forza 7 is a mess.
Qualified for [Censored]

Sorry about race 2, my internet got very unhappy despite having been completely fine during qualy. Looks like I'll be out of the rest of the race meets until I can get something better sorted, as it is it just makes me a liability on the track

That's a shame mate hope you get sorted

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ORC Sarverious Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 13:42

Matt wrote:What we won't do is trash the game. That's unprofessional. It is clear there are some elements of the game that worked well in FM6 (were even added during that title's lifespan) and have - for whatever reason - been omitted from 7 at this time.

The 'trashing' of the game I did is well deserved. In this era of gaming, you don't release a game with multiplayer with that many issues. I think the game is fine when I'm running career, though AI is still funky sometimes. I feel like they should have done a beta test to crossplay XB1/PC with a small group (~100 or so) and see if connections would hold. I hate that this game gets alot of hate, because it is pretty good, but damn it's hard not to just jump in and hate on it too. I hope they get that MP patch out soon for all of us in the forza community, because there are other racing options out or coming out that seem to be looking better.

That aside, as long as my work schedule allows it, I will try to make the remaining races on the season. I do want to know the policy on missing qualifying and/or race 1. Why isn't there something in the live feed on lobby hosts to help get into the races? I could've got some points had I not had to go through a friend to find BigBen to get the lobby 4 host and then not get a response.
ORC Sarverious
ORC Sarverious

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 14:01

We can all agree the game has issues but we - as a sizeable FM community - have a duty to remain as professional in our approach to the devs as possible. We cannot hope to develop a good working relationship with them if we constantly badmouth them.
By 'we' I'm referring to TORA staff.

Regarding your participation last night - it's general TORA operation to work within the numbers of competitors signed up each race who turn up from Qualy onwards. We will very occasionally make exceptions to this where there is potentially room or where the driver had signed in but for whatever reason has not been able to make the race.
We no longer accept drivers who have forgotten to sign in and wish to race or request to race after the Saturday cut off.
This is to be fair to all the drivers who did sign in correctly and within the allotted time frame. We have found that adding additional drivers into the system after this time adds delays and this is then unfair on other competitors and hosts.
Since we've been quite strict on this aspect there has been a marked improvement in finishing times for races (where the game doesn't let us down!)
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ORC Sarverious Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 14:06

I was signed up as a maybe, because I knew I worked and may miss part of it. I was signed in as soon as I saw it open. I don't see how that is fair, and from what the live timing showed, the lobby only had like 13 drivers.
ORC Sarverious
ORC Sarverious

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Crimsonify Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 14:30

The TORA staff did all us racers a solid last night, despite the numerous technical issues.

I have to agree with Matt on the whole TORA - Turn10 relationship. As a game dev myself, it's impossibly frustrating to tackle issues with lousy and rude costumers. Having a problem pop-up is annoying enough without people screaming all over the Internet: "you did it better last time, why is this simple thing not working, you suck, etc."

The sole purpose of TORA is to be a competitive racing community and the whole purpose of Turn10 is to make good racing games. You think they just shipped the game with all the bugs out of pure evil? I'm pretty sure they were rushed. Deadlines suck but with a whole time of white-collar executives behind your [Censored] back all the time, is even worse.

Only dialogue will prevail and actually solve problems.
LMP Crimsonify
LMP Crimsonify

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2017-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 15:05

Incidentally - I've had confirmation that outstanding vehicles have now been delivered Smile
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next