TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll

+6
AMS Turismo
Ax4x Bandit
echovelocity
BigBen13x
LZR Harmonic
Diablo 29x
10 posters

Go down

Which Prototype(s) should be used for the 12 Hours of Sebring?

12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll Vote_lcap43%12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 23 ]
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll Vote_lcap17%12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 9 ]
12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll Vote_lcap40%12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 53

Poll closed

12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll Empty 12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll

Post by Diablo 29x Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 0:06

For those that are not in the YMTV Discord Server, an idea has been floating around the past few days about possibly running a different prototype car instead of the Daytona Prototypes raced at Daytona and that will be used in the ASCC Sprint Series. AMS Moshys posted the idea of running a single car, specifically the Mazda B12/80 SkyActiv LMP2 car, with maximum upgrades, which brings the PI up to around P975. This car would be the only prototype to choose from, and this would be change exclusive to this race.

The reasoning behind this is to decrease the chatter about BOP and therefore tighten up the gaps between drivers, as well as to just try something different, as this car is not slated to be featured in a series (as far as I know) for the rest of 2018.

Another thought would be to run the Mazda B09/86. This car is purchasable readily, whereas the SkyActiv car is unlocked via career mode (NOT in a 3 hr race like the Ford GT, it's a over-taking event iirc) or bought from the auction house. The last time I checked the Auction House, there were 6 of these cars up for grabs.

BigBen0913 and HCR Motorhead have both said that with public approval, this change will be considered. So, I'm running this poll to see what sort of support there may (or may not) be for this.

I for one think this would be a great way to do something just a bit different, and use cars that normally don't get their day in the sun. Looking forward to hearing other drivers' thoughts on this!

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll Empty Re: 12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 1:21

The monkeys who voted for DP need to get out
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll Empty Re: 12 Hours of Sebring - Prototype Car Poll

Post by BigBen13x Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 1:40

I wish you had told me that you were going to do this....
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by echovelocity Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 2:27

The B12/80 had its time in FM6 IMO... and didn't seem to be very popular. There are also teams who ran the DPs at Daytona who would want to keep the hours put into their cars already (paints, tunes). Plus, DPs kind of have a link with the current IMSA grid.

I do wonder if the B09/86 could be added as a Euro-spec P2 stand-in, since its numbers are pretty close to the DPs, but that's a big if. Of course, watch them add something like the Nissan DPi next month and throw everything out of whack.
echovelocity
echovelocity

TORA Race Number : 272
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-07-29

http://SimRacers.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 3:14

echovelocity wrote:The B12/80 had its time in FM6 IMO... and didn't seem to be very popular. There are also teams who ran the DPs at Daytona who would want to keep the hours put into their cars already (paints, tunes). Plus, DPs kind of have a link with the current IMSA grid.

I do wonder if the B09/86 could be added as a Euro-spec P2 stand-in, since its numbers are pretty close to the DPs, but that's a big if. Of course, watch them add something like the Nissan DPi next month and throw everything out of whack.

DP vs LMP2 shouldn't happen again. The BOP was a nightmare and it'd be just as bad as Real-Life and last year with the yo-yo competitiveness of the LMP2 cars and the DP's.

Upon that point, I'd argue the B12/80 didn't get it's day in the shade, because very few people used it, and I think it was because it wasn't "competitive", i.e. it would get swamped out of every corner, therefore slower on race pace.

The DP's do have the link to IMSA, but, we have the DPi now that's more like an LMP2... You definitely raise a good point about tuning new cars, but, I'm just looking to do something unique. I've raced the DP cars a LOT in the past year and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 3:21

If we do go the LMP2 route, what would the possibility be of BOP with the Mazdas, Porsche Spyder, and Chevy Oreca? It would be nice to still see some diversity even though Forza is screwing us with pretty much no modern LMP2 cars.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS Turismo Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 3:36

I personally think car variation makes a series more interesting to race and to watch, so I would personally prefer having more that one car to choose from. The DPs in Forza 7 seem very similar and easy to balance, but stylistically and chassis wise are dated. I could see how it would be a nightmare to balance lmp2s and DPs to the same class, so maybe having a few lmp2 cars (without DPs) would make for the most fun. The 2015 ish lmp2s like the Mazda and the Toyota could be used, or maybe even a throwback to the open cockpit cars like the Penske Porsche could be used although, this contradicts the argument of avoiding dated cars. The 2015 ish lmp2s are to my knowledge the most similar to the current lmp2s. Similar looking chassis at least, just no Gibson V8 like irl. I am not saying we should avoid using DPs (very easy to balance and only two years old?), but if we do I think we should still have more than one choice while still having cars of the same era instead of mix matching body styles or using only one car.
AMS Turismo
AMS Turismo

TORA Race Number : 83
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2016-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Carlson Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 3:46

We're getting another car pack this coming Tuesday, so we can hope and pray that there's a DPi or even a modern P2 like a Ligier in it. However, having seen the car packs so far this game, I'd more expect an SUV and something from the 1930s.
HCR Carlson
HCR Carlson

TORA Race Number : 727
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2014-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply Law Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 12:46

F4H Diablo wrote:
echovelocity wrote:The B12/80 had its time in FM6 IMO... and didn't seem to be very popular. There are also teams who ran the DPs at Daytona who would want to keep the hours put into their cars already (paints, tunes). Plus, DPs kind of have a link with the current IMSA grid.

DP vs LMP2 shouldn't happen again. The BOP was a nightmare and it'd be just as bad as Real-Life and last year with the yo-yo competitiveness of the LMP2 cars and the DP's.

Upon that point, I'd argue the B12/80 didn't get it's day in the shade, because very few people used it, and I think it was because it wasn't "competitive", i.e. it would get swamped out of every corner, therefore slower on race pace.

The DP's do have the link to IMSA, but, we have the DPi now that's more like an LMP2... You definitely raise a good point about tuning new cars, but, I'm just looking to do something unique. I've raced the DP cars a LOT in the past year and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

B12/80 was super competitive until it got nerfed Smile
Simply Law
Simply Law

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ESV Moshys Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 13:57

point is the mazda looks more like the current DPi than the old Dp's do
ESV Moshys
ESV Moshys

TORA Race Number : 912
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 14:22

TLR Law wrote:
F4H Diablo wrote:

B12/80 was super competitive until it got nerfed Smile

You didn't even race when I borked the PI for that round, so hush. The rest of the tracks it was fine.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Europa Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 12:41

Personally I love the B09, but I also don't mind what we drive fro Sebring 12hr. Everyone in the one car would make BoP easy and eliminate car choice becoming a factor in someone's pace. Personally I feel like the DPs are getting old now, in terms of I'm sick of seeing the Chevy DP dominate the P2 leaderboards, and then driving it to death in an endurance race. The Mazda's don't get used nearly as much and they are both very nice cars to drive. The only reason the B12 didn't get used very much last year is because of its continual track specific BoP changes making it a hard car to plan for every race for, whereas the DP's had one build only.
Forza Europa
Forza Europa

TORA Race Number : 919
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down