TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION

+61
FSR Groves
EVR Bolton
AdamWatson99
GBR WARRIOR
LMP Grizz
HCCR RedDragon
Im Just Kurt
Liamt007
DOR Kibbles
DOR ForlornBear
DOR Cragadon
SVR Solar
UNK UeharaTofu
SFM Benedict
PTG J Caesar
MRT Jackal
HCR Carlson
DDM Jam
SQD GGRacing
Curiosity JDM
SVR NO MERCY
HCR Motorhead
MRT ANM 79
shuyindvk
Nightlocke
ORC blkghost
Digeztive
FTR Slothatron
FTR LEGENDZ
Forza Europa
RZM Zenith
Diablo 29x
AMS MeaD 212
Ax4x Bandit
HCR Dandy
Simply Law
SVR Martxn
Ax4x Mikey J
TLR Scrublord
AMS Turismo
SGR Amber
LSEM The Butler
azracer321
SVR Foxxy
Koenigsegg R
HCCR Rabidus
BAM Sylux
RZM Bobby
STR stug77
DDM DriftiN
Ryanvxracing
VPR Torque
SorrySmithy
SFM Darkzer
Matt
CTM AnonCaliga
Freheliaz
UNR gato
SubaruWRX522
RW26 BLAZE
BigBen13x
65 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by SVR Martxn Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 10:38

So TASCAR and ASCC should run 9 PM "USA time?" A starting time should be chosen based on multiple considerations. Like the time zones of your competitors. Not what cars you happen to run, or what the name of your series is... Sorry, but that's no valid reason.

Considering pushing it back to 12 pm GMT. I don't think that solves any problem. It might do for the individual, but it'll only shift the problem to different people.

Like here in the west of Europe. For us the racing will start at 1 am in that scenario. Meaning we can go to sleep at 3 am... Not even talking about the people in eastern Europe, parts of Africa etc. They're the ones that will get the 3 am starting time...

It's impossible to choose a time that suits everyone. However, I think they should as least run one league based on your time zones. With so many leagues running on TORA, it wouldn't hurt to try and suit more people. Especially such a big region as the east of Asia, Australia, etc.
SVR Martxn
SVR Martxn

TORA Race Number : 272
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by Matt Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 12:08

Today we reveal the builds for the GT4 class!
Head over to the Car list thread for more information Smile

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EwVLgo3
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM The Butler Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 12:21

DOR Martijn2702 wrote:So TASCAR and ASCC should run 9 PM "USA time?" A starting time should be chosen based on multiple considerations. Like the time zones of your competitors. Not what cars you happen to run, or what the name of your series is... Sorry, but that's no valid reason.

Considering pushing it back to 12 pm GMT. I don't think that solves any problem. It might do for the individual, but it'll only shift the problem to different people.

Like here in the west of Europe. For us the racing will start at 1 am in that scenario. Meaning we can go to sleep at 3 am... Not even talking about the people in eastern Europe, parts of Africa etc. They're the ones that will get the 3 am starting time...

It's impossible to choose a time that suits everyone. However, I think they should as least run one league based on your time zones. With so many leagues running on TORA, it wouldn't hurt to try and suit more people. Especially such a big region as the east of Asia, Australia, etc.

I agree with the majority of what you're saying here martin. the one difference between the EU scenario and the AU scenario however is the fact that we are ahead in time, where you guys would be lagging behind. This would mean that which a midnight start in itself is horrible and shouldn't have to be dealt with, it would be far more manageable with the EU time zones as this would be a sunday morning start, with the majority of people having sunday off. I understand what you're saying but in this case it's a matter of people having sunday to recover from the race or having to go about their monday affairs with no sleep. I like the fact that you're one of the first people who hasn't just shut me down though, and I appreciate the thought you've put into your response.
LSEM The Butler
LSEM The Butler

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2018-01-30

http://www.lightspeedendurancemotorsport.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply Law Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 12:46

Start a V8 Supercars series and run it on Australian time

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 FXoHGKTBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Xl0TdF1
2016 24 Hours of Daytona - F4H Red Sonja - 2nd Overall
2017 24 Hours of Le Mans - TLR iHeartRacing - 1st GT Class
2018 24 Hours of Le Mans - Tech Life Racing - 8th GT Class
2019 24 Hours of Le Mans - Tech Life Racing - 3rd Overall
2020 24 Hours of Daytona - SFMeme - 32nd GT Class
2020 12 Hours of Sebring - DareDevil Proto #53 - 4th Overall
2020 Bathurst 12 Hour - DareDevil Audi Sport - 17th Overall
2020 Spec Miata UK - DareDevil Motorsports - 8th Drivers, 1st Teams
2020 24 Hours of Le Mans - DDM Ford Performance - 15th GT Class
2020 10 Hours of Atlanta - Dale Earnhardt Tribute Band - 1st Overall
2021 24 Hours of Daytona - SDM Big Daddy Ben Plz No Ban - 5th Overall
2021 12 Hours of Sebring - DareDevil Motorsports - 6th Overall
Simply Law
Simply Law

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Dandy Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 15:16

Gt4 builds are up, but there is no race driveline for the BMW m4.

HCR Dandy

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2018-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 15:24

LazyDandy wrote:Gt4 builds are up, but there is no race driveline for the BMW m4.

Just noticed that, will correct it. Forgot the BMW comes with a lot of the kit as standard.

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Banner11
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 16:07

Matt wrote:Today we reveal the builds for the GT4 class!
Head over to the Car list thread for more information Smile
ETA on GT3?
SubaruWRX522
SubaruWRX522

TORA Race Number : 229
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2017-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 19:12

The stock front bumper of the BMW M4 GTS is adjustable. Should this be allowed considering it's not adjustable for other cars?

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 HiRFIVRBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 F0Ubl2sBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Cs7jRnKBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 R2kIRBg
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 19:14

If I'm not mistaken, the GT R should be listed at 594 HP with the race fuel system, not 577 like it's currently listed.

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 J8Ljahl
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 PEEdCpnBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 ZzhlIqHBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 UmQfodEBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 C0cSnDzBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 1vuHXh0British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 MAsvnrEBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 GrZPNKA

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Lmr_ba10

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 19:51

Koenigsegg R wrote:The stock front bumper of the BMW M4 GTS is adjustable. Should this be allowed considering it's not adjustable for other cars?

Yes, the BMW is to be left like this.

As for the GTR, I have checked and yes it should be 594. Changed it now.

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Banner11
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 20:29

Which Indianapolis track is it? It says road course, is this the GP layout or GP-classic or another track?
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 20:43

The one with the weird long hairpin and is used in MotoGP.
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 1009px-Indianapolis_Moto_GP.svg

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 SEDnkBhBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 JUwEMx8

Achievements
1st Indy 500 Lobby C 2020
3rd British GT Independent GT4 2017
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th Independents GT Cup 2019
5th Teams V8 Supercars 2018
4th Le Mans 2017 GT Class
5th Spa 2017 GT Class
6th ASCC Endurance Cup 2017
5th British GT Winter Independents 2016
4th Ambitious But Rubbish Championship Mazda 2016
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km 2015
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams 2015
First Lobby Win:
2015 TCR TCC Round 4 Lobby C
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 20:48

I believe it's referred to as 'Alt'

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 EwVLgo3
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS MeaD 212 Wed 28 Mar 2018 - 3:24

Not all the decals are available to get yet

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 98GI6kE

ritchard1995@gmail.com

"AMS Datsun: - I was drunk and stoned, not my fault"

AMS MeaD 212
AMS MeaD 212

TORA Race Number : 212
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2013-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM DriftiN Wed 28 Mar 2018 - 7:52

LSEM The Butler wrote:
DOR Martijn2702 wrote:So TASCAR and ASCC should run 9 PM "USA time?" A starting time should be chosen based on multiple considerations. Like the time zones of your competitors. Not what cars you happen to run, or what the name of your series is... Sorry, but that's no valid reason.

I agree with the majority of what you're saying here martin. the one difference between the EU scenario and the AU scenario however is the fact that we are ahead in time, where you guys would be lagging behind. This would mean that which a midnight start in itself is horrible and shouldn't have to be dealt with, it would be far more manageable with the EU time zones as this would be a sunday morning start, with the majority of people having sunday off. I understand what you're saying but in this case it's a matter of people having sunday to recover from the race or having to go about their monday affairs with no sleep. I like the fact that you're one of the first people who hasn't just shut me down though,  and I appreciate the thought you've put into your response.

I have been reading this little discussion for the past couple of days and haven't said anything yet but hope me putting my 2 cents in wont hurt.

It is completely understandable that most of the series at this point in time are run on EU/US times slots, but we do have to understand that is where most of the competitors are from. I understand there are also people located in the far far east that would also like to compete. With the idea of the late starts (GMT 12pm) on a Saturday is where I struggle to agree. Granted I do not compete in all series and mostly race during the week but for me in GMT +1 and having a 12 hour shift at work most Sundays it wouldn't be possible. But I get it I'm probably basically the only one to have to work on a Sunday. (sucks)
I like the fact that in a lot of series there is the UK and US differences and with the US time slots it should work out fine for the lot in Australia, but atm most of those series are during the week or on a Sunday.

As Mikey said there are plans in the works to make it more accomodating for AU time slot with them running in the US lobbies because the time zones work out quite well.

So I find if we wait just a little while we will see series' pop up that are much more suiting to your situation. I'm pretty sure TORA Staff are aware of the current problem for the Australian competitors and will look to sort that out. How or when is the only question really in my opinion.

There was a suggestion of V8 Supercars, now that sounds interesting Smile

Drive Clean. Drive Fast.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.

Dare Devil Motorsport Founder

Founded 2019
DDM DriftiN
DDM DriftiN

TORA Race Number : 624
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2016-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 28 Mar 2018 - 11:15

I know of a site that has plans for a V8SC series on US Saturday nights, which equates to noon-ish Sunday in Australia.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 Wed 28 Mar 2018 - 17:25

GT3 builds coming?
SubaruWRX522
SubaruWRX522

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 28 Mar 2018 - 18:09

In regards to running a series in a more-AU/Asia friendly timeframe, there are two factors.

1. Drivers (participation)
2. Staff (coordination)

There are not many folks here from Oz or Nz, nor from Asia. Does it suck for them? Yes, it does. But if you move times, you screw someone over regardless. Move the start time to 12 gmt means 7 am for those on the east coast US, which also means 4 am for those on the west coast. You play to your stronger audiences and someone's going to get the short straw.

Staff- there aren't any Aussies on staff iirc. You can't a run a series when you don't have the staff to run it. There are shortages of admins and support staff for the series that TORA already puts on.

For Aussie series, you should check out V8X. Their staff are all AU/NZ, so the timing is far more convenient. Not trying to steer anyone away from TORA but from a top-down view, it doesn't make sense to adjust the start time for 5-7 Aussie drivers that could eliminate 20-30 drivers from other places around the world.

edit- also if you think just having a couple of people added could suffice, it doesn't. Series organizers already spend close to 25 hours a week on a series with >100 entries during a race week. Source: I ran ASCC in 2017, I would know.

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Rib110
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 Wed 28 Mar 2018 - 22:05

Any word on GT3 builds? I'd like to be able to get in some practice in proper GT3 trim in the 2 weeks before the season starts.
SubaruWRX522
SubaruWRX522

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 5:49

Okay so I see now the GT3 builds are up but there is an issue with the tire sizes for the 2017 Aston... the list shows 315/30R18 for the front and 345/30R18 for the rear... Those sizes do not exist in game. I'm assuming you want stock tires on the car as 325/35R18 fronts and 325/40R18 on the rear give 838PI with race brakes.
SubaruWRX522
SubaruWRX522

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS Turismo Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 6:27

the builds for GT3 are completely messed up, just ignore the tire sizes and try to figure out what parts are on the car given the power pi and weight, keeping in mind the car titles are switched eith the actual builds. for example if you want the build on the Porsche, refer tk the Aston. Also, to get to the target weight on the M6, you must be running at 829 pI instead of 831, and to get to the target PI you must be two lbs overweight
AMS Turismo
AMS Turismo

TORA Race Number : 83
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2016-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 13:15

This is why you never post builds at midnight.   Sleep

Everything SHOULD be correct now.

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 BYYuASn
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 HAEUnL7British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 KdgZ8UeBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 CQUSyXgBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 099o0vaBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 PvJCMixBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 FU7yRaHBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 QBEMUyMBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 NPhnnNgBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 WDatqwmBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 9CkOLQ8British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 GpwltaLBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 M2WT61vBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 BKfvezfBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 O2Aon8DBritish GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 ZDh93lU
British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 3 ZDh93lU
1st Forza 4 Grand Finale R1 & R2
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 18:11

BIGBEN0913 wrote:This is why you never post builds at midnight.   Sleep

Everything SHOULD be correct now.
There is still a typo on the Aston Martin GT3 front tire size. It lists 325/30R18 when its should be 325/35R18. No big deal but figured I should bring it up to avoid any possible confusion Cheers
SubaruWRX522
SubaruWRX522

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 18:46

For the Jag F Type, you can't place the roof banner on due to it being carbon fibre
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 18:47

RW26 BLAZE wrote:For the Jag F Type, you can't place the roof banner on due to it being carbon fibre

As per usual, if the banner cannot be applied to a certain car, then anyone using that car gets a waiver from using that banner.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next