TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote

+5
UMP Hornet
Chief Tokembowl
Ax4x Mikey J
Ryanvxracing
DDM Driv3
9 posters

Go down

How long would you like the races to be?

Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote Vote_lcap41%Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 16 ]
Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote Vote_lcap59%Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote Empty Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote

Post by DDM Driv3 Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 14:59

Hi everyone, first of all I want to let everyone know that Round 3 start time will be delayed by an hour due to the TEC qualifying session on the same day at the same time. this means the start time will be 21:00 GMT.

Secondly, I've had some feedback from multiple sources about the race distances being too long and I would like to put it to a vote as to what happens with them. I know some people are happy with the way they are and others would prefer it to be shorter so I want to put numbers to opinions and ask what the general consensus would be. I'll set up a poll here but if you have any other suggestions either post it below or DM somewhere.

Cheers guys and I hope to see you next week!

Last edited by Mr Driv3 on Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 14:19; edited 1 time in total
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote Empty Re: Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote

Post by Ryanvxracing Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 16:23

Personally I enjoyed the race distance 👍
Ryanvxracing
Ryanvxracing

TORA Race Number : 187
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote Empty Re: Time change for round 3 EU & Race length vote

Post by Ryanvxracing Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 16:31

Isn't it gonna be round 3 that's affected? Next Tec race is on 8th December, surely qualifying is the week upto it? Not the week before. I'm usually crap at this forum business so forgive me if I'm miles out 😂
Ryanvxracing
Ryanvxracing

TORA Race Number : 187
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 17:02

Ryanvxracing wrote:Isn't it gonna be round 3 that's affected? Next Tec race is on 8th December, surely qualifying is the week upto it? Not the week before. I'm usually crap at this forum business so forgive me if I'm miles out 😂

I believe you are correct.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 17:50

I think the race lengths are fine, the only change i would suggest is to move the U.S. start from 9 pm to 8 pm if that's possible. That way we'd be done an hour earlier for those who have to be up early on Wednesdays. I know a few in my lobby were talking about it running late. Not sure if that reflects the feelings of the majority, but maybe we should take a vote on that.
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

TORA Race Number : 46
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by UMP Hornet Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 21:03

For me, races are too long. I think two 30-40min races should be better. And start to second race should be raversed grid. It would be more fun Smile Smile

UMP Hornet

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2018-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 22:27

Chief Tokembowl wrote:I think the race lengths are fine, the only change i would suggest is to move the U.S. start from 9 pm to 8 pm if that's possible. That way we'd be done an hour earlier for those who have to be up early on Wednesdays. I know a few in my lobby were talking about it running late. Not sure if that reflects the feelings of the majority, but maybe we should take a vote on that.

We can't do that. It's not just EST that the US caters for. if we did it at 8pm for EST then PST would start at 5pm which is when most people finsh work so they wouldn't be able to participate. Part of the problem is that we need hosts who know what they're doing and they're hard to find between qualy and the race. It's completely possible for this to run at 2 hours or just over. 15 mins qualifying, 15 mins to sort out the race lobbies and 90 mins of racing with a small intermission.
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 23:37

Yeah, fair enough. I didn't think about what that would do to the west coast.
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 0:50

Is it definitely round 3 that's pushed back an hour, like Mikey said?
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 14:20

JGROVES1996 wrote:Is it definitely round 3 that's pushed back an hour, like Mikey said?

Amended, cheers Smile
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 20:55

Mr Driv3 wrote:
Chief Tokembowl wrote:I think the race lengths are fine, the only change i would suggest is to move the U.S. start from 9 pm to 8 pm if that's possible. That way we'd be done an hour earlier for those who have to be up early on Wednesdays. I know a few in my lobby were talking about it running late. Not sure if that reflects the feelings of the majority, but maybe we should take a vote on that.

We can't do that. It's not just EST that the US caters for. if we did it at 8pm for EST then PST would start at 5pm which is when most people finsh work so they wouldn't be able to participate. Part of the problem is that we need hosts who know what they're doing and they're hard to find between qualy and the race. It's completely possible for this to run at 2 hours or just over. 15 mins qualifying, 15 mins to sort out the race lobbies and 90 mins of racing with a small intermission.
America just needs 1 timezone fixes everything. lol!

Anyways I enjoyed the longer races gives you a chance to fight your way back. And pitstop strategy plays a roll now.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Fri 23 Nov 2018 - 13:01

When will the poll be closed and the decision made?
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM DriftiN Sat 24 Nov 2018 - 0:24

Chief Tokembowl wrote:When will the poll be closed and the decision made?

The poll will run through until Monday, so as to give everyone enough time to make a vote.
On Monday the decision will also be announced using the feedback from the community.
DDM DriftiN
DDM DriftiN

TORA Race Number : 624
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2016-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Sat 24 Nov 2018 - 19:22

Word. May go down to the wire by the looks of it.
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Mon 26 Nov 2018 - 17:27

Thank you everyone who took part in the vote.

As it was fairly close and there have been suggestions of it, we have decided to shorten the races but not fully to 30 mins. The races are now designed to last 35-40 mins max. This coupled with the better organisation of myself primarily and hopefully some more race hosts in the coming weeks will bring down the total time for the race evening.

If you would like to be a marshal and help with any hosting needed, please contact EU Head Marshal DriftiNHero or US Head Marshal SFM Darkzer, we do always need more.

Cheers for taking the time to vote and I hope we can smooth everything out tomorrow night. See you there!
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Mon 3 Dec 2018 - 23:08

Whats the starting time for Round 3 for the UK series?
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Crimsonify Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 7:55

Freheliaz wrote:Whats the starting time for Round 3 for the UK series?

21:00 GMT.
LMP Crimsonify
LMP Crimsonify

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2017-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down