TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION

+33
DokkiChan2483
Ax4x Mikey J
LMP Bubz
stupidsquab
BigBen13x
CTM AnonCaliga
SVR Martxn
SFM Benedict
LSEM Crimson
DDM DriftiN
RW26 BLAZE
ORC blkghost
Bread37880
EXR Dubya
GTR Norbert
NerdyCyclist11
Diablo 29x
RZM Bobby
EVR Matt212
SFM Darkzer
Jan Filip S
SVR NO MERCY
THR Sparky
ANTR eXtOn
Koenigsegg R
SubaruWRX522
SVR Solar
Toph3r Paints
MRT ANM 79
DDM Driv3
Freheliaz
MRT Peter86
Matt
37 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Re: British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by RZM Bobby Tue 23 Apr 2019 - 9:16

LZR Diablo wrote:TORA's had that style of points as other Forza leagues have before it.

A DNF places you behind all finishers in class, so that'd be behind last in the lowest lobby, wherever that may be.

Well that's just f***ing ridiculous. Could be written somewhere.

I know for this week to just trundle round or park up at side of the road then if it happens again.

RZM Bobby

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2018-03-22

Back to top Go down

British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Re: British GT eSports Championship 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by Jan Filip S Mon 29 Apr 2019 - 6:12

Shoutout to organizers for grid setup! We had amazing race at lobby 4 with bumper to bumper racing all night long. Thanks for taking our suggestions into consideration. Thank you guys.
Jan Filip S
Jan Filip S

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2016-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyCyclist11 Tue 30 Apr 2019 - 16:40

May 12th for the next meeting... Mother's Day...won't be doing that race either sounds like, but at least we're not racing on Father's day.
NerdyCyclist11
NerdyCyclist11

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2019-03-19

http://www.AHProRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Tue 30 Apr 2019 - 23:02

It's mothers day.
Just buy some flowers and say that she can have the TV in the afternoon as long as you can have the TV in the evening.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyCyclist11 Wed 1 May 2019 - 13:32

Freheliaz wrote:It's mothers day.
Just buy some flowers and say that she can have the TV in the afternoon as long as you can have the TV in the evening.

hah, ha-ha, you kill me! lol! (  Rolling Eyes  obviously doesn't have kids)
I am being 'allowed' to do a race on our anniversary though, so I really shouldn't complain.
NerdyCyclist11
NerdyCyclist11

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2019-03-19

http://www.AHProRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Norbert Mon 6 May 2019 - 22:19

With all due respect, would TORA please consider the ways and means of communication during races? One of our drivers got a warning for not following correct race ending procedure, while it was also mentioned that the party chat had been broken.
Since I started playing Forza - I'm on PC so this is my first title in the series - the xbox party chat breaking has always been an issue, and every single time I was racing in a TORA organised event, it occured. This is probably nothing new to the TORA board, yet nothing has been done in order to change this. Do we really want to rely on such an unreliable system with one of the most important things when it comes to organised racing?

There are softwares avaiable free of charge for communication: Discord, Teamspeak, and probably many more which now I cannot think of.

Please consider this.
GTR Norbert
GTR Norbert

PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2019-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by EXR Dubya Mon 6 May 2019 - 22:47

Lamest [Censored] I've ever encountered, I got told to go and then the party broke as per usual and now its my fault for going too early? Next time use the proper tool for the job instead of blaming the users.
EXR Dubya
EXR Dubya

PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bread37880 Mon 6 May 2019 - 23:36

What I find very worrying is that speculation in one party chat was not looked into and resulted in a warning. The wording was word for word the same as what was said in the GT4 party. Also the GT4 lobby was never informed that we would stop on the start/finish line which was communicated to the GT3. This is based off of the fact they were the only ones who stopped. With that said what I don't know what goes into the stewards decisions, but what I do know, that the stewards also know, is the xbox party chat is broken in parties over like 6 people. This is know by everyone who owns an xbox one, while there was an attempt to remedy this by splitting up the parties it makes it harder, as a GT4, to know when GT3's are coming by. In lobby 4 the communication between the lobbies was bad. The communication in the 2 lobbies I've been in has been bad. As someone who is new to TORA but not to races like this, I can't recommend it to anyone.

Bread37880

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2019-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MRT ANM 79 Fri 10 May 2019 - 10:22

Just a quick one to say I shall be missing this round as I am at Silverstone Blancpain weekend meeting up with the guys from RAM Racing, hope everyone has a good one 😉
MRT ANM 79
MRT ANM 79

TORA Race Number : 528
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2017-04-12

https://www.mrtonlineracing/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Filip S Fri 10 May 2019 - 15:57

LSEM Daenzil wrote:Lamest [Censored] I've ever encountered, I got told to go and then the party broke as per usual and now its my fault for going too early? Next time use the proper tool for the job instead of blaming the users.

I can’t argue you heard go however we expect some common sense from drivers despite voice communication issues. There were 3 stewards in the lobby so we have direct information about incident. Race have not finished for GT4 cars. You can press menu button to open a window and see who is on which lap if you are unsure. No one but you have moved which might gave you a hint somethings is wrong as well. There is no reason to be upset and make statements. You have been warned not penalized. By warning we expect you will be extra careful to avoid mistakes next time.
Jan Filip S
Jan Filip S

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2016-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ORC blkghost Fri 10 May 2019 - 17:28

I will not be able to race this Sunday for Silverstone. Mother’s Day Holiday family stuff. We are allowed drop a week correct?
-blkghost187
ORC blkghost
ORC blkghost

TORA Race Number : 937
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2018-04-07

http://behance.net/alloyd757b

Back to top Go down

Post by THR Sparky Fri 10 May 2019 - 17:44

blkghost187 wrote:I will not be able to race this Sunday for Silverstone. Mother’s Day Holiday family stuff. We are allowed drop a week correct?
-blkghost187

rules thread states that both independent(privateer) and driver championship will allow one drop round
team championship however doesn't allow for a drop round
THR Sparky
THR Sparky

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2017-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ORC blkghost Fri 10 May 2019 - 18:03

THR Sparky wrote:
blkghost187 wrote:I will not be able to race this Sunday for Silverstone. Mother’s Day Holiday family stuff. We are allowed drop a week correct?
-blkghost187

rules thread states that both independent(privateer) and driver championship will allow one drop round
team championship however doesn't allow for a drop round
gotcha thanks!
ORC blkghost
ORC blkghost

TORA Race Number : 937
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2018-04-07

http://behance.net/alloyd757b

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Sun 12 May 2019 - 12:33

LSEM Daenzil wrote:Lamest [Censored] I've ever encountered, I got told to go and then the party broke as per usual and now its my fault for going too early? Next time use the proper tool for the job instead of blaming the users.
You got a warning and your finishing position is not changed.

But is it so hard to check if all cars have finished and then go.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Sun 12 May 2019 - 19:05

The above posts have made good points. We did expect you to also remember the procedure from the first round that you attended too. Like they've said though, you've only got a warning as we thought it prudent to remind you of the procedures we operate instead of giving you a penalty for something that didn't change finishing order.
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Sun 12 May 2019 - 19:41

anyone got a idea for lobby host and such
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM DriftiN Sun 12 May 2019 - 19:52

RW26 BLAZE wrote:anyone got a idea for lobby host and such

You are in with jenson09
DDM DriftiN
DDM DriftiN

TORA Race Number : 624
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2016-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM Crimson Sun 12 May 2019 - 20:42

Please, please, please. For the love of God, please look at using a VoIP service that isn't Xbox Party chat, unless you want to run 6 driver lobbies. The issues associated with it are much more impactful than having a seperate device to run discord or a similar program.

LSEM Crimson

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2019-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Mon 13 May 2019 - 7:38

LSEM Crimson wrote:Please, please, please. For the love of God, please look at using a VoIP service that isn't Xbox Party chat, unless you want to run 6 driver lobbies.  The issues associated with it are much more impactful than having a seperate device to run discord or a similar program.

my issue with using a phone app rather than xbox live is i wouldn't be able to communicate as i wouldn't hear a thing... i use my headset to listen to the tv otherwise you would hear my car through the phone and this would be off putting for other drivers

SFM Benedict

TORA Race Number : 21
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4053
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Martxn Mon 13 May 2019 - 11:39

I have an idea how to solve this. Please take 5 minutes any day of the week before the series starts to read all the threads with rules and info. So you know what to do in case a party fails. Imo it's every driver his own responsibility to know the rules of the series. It's no rocket science. There are only a few important rules which are all very easy to remember.
SVR Martxn
SVR Martxn

TORA Race Number : 272
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Norbert Mon 13 May 2019 - 12:15

xMartijn2702 wrote:I have an idea how to solve this. Please take 5 minutes any day of the week before the series starts to read all the threads with rules and info. So you know what to do in case a party fails. Imo it's every driver his own responsibility to know the rules of the series. It's no rocket science. There are only a few important rules which are all very easy to remember.
While I do agree with every word you wrote, it sadly only works in theory. In practice there are elements of communication - safety car calls, restart, etc. - which cannot be solved this way. And the other issue is that even the hosts themselves don't necessarily follow the rules, they tend to alter it to their liking - this is not an accusation as there's clear evidence for it from yesterday. Look at 'Live Timing' to see what kind of mess it has made. And that's only one instance of probably many.

But yes, I still agree that everyone should be aware of the rules and regulations, makes life so much easier and answers a lot of questions before they were even asked.
GTR Norbert
GTR Norbert

PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM Crimson Mon 13 May 2019 - 12:25

hunty1981 wrote:
my issue with using a phone app rather than xbox live is i wouldn't be able to communicate as i wouldn't hear a thing... i use my headset to listen to the tv otherwise you would hear my car through the phone and this would be off putting for other drivers
There is a VoIP app on the xbone called Quarrel, that is also available on PC.

LSEM Crimson

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Mon 13 May 2019 - 12:26

LSEM Norbert wrote:
xMartijn2702 wrote:I have an idea how to solve this. Please take 5 minutes any day of the week before the series starts to read all the threads with rules and info. So you know what to do in case a party fails. Imo it's every driver his own responsibility to know the rules of the series. It's no rocket science. There are only a few important rules which are all very easy to remember.
While I do agree with every word you wrote, it sadly only works in theory. In practice there are elements of communication - safety car calls, restart, etc. - which cannot be solved this way. And the other issue is that even the hosts themselves don't necessarily follow the rules, they tend to alter it to their liking - this is not an accusation as there's clear evidence for it from yesterday. Look at 'Live Timing' to see what kind of mess it has made. And that's only one instance of probably many.

But yes, I still agree that everyone should be aware of the rules and regulations, makes life so much easier and answers a lot of questions before they were even asked.

If hosts are changing the rules to suit them please let SFM Darkzer or SFM DriftnHero know

SFM Benedict

TORA Race Number : 21
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4053
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM Crimson Mon 13 May 2019 - 13:46

This is irrelevant when lobby hosts are making alterations, like in Pigeon's lobby. When the admin are doing this, it renders all "Just read the rules" posts pretty pointless.

LSEM Crimson

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 Mon 13 May 2019 - 15:09

LSEM Crimson wrote:

This is irrelevant when lobby hosts are making alterations, like in Pigeon's lobby. When the admin are doing this, it renders all "Just read the rules" posts pretty pointless.

Stopping at the end of an all GT3 lobby is pointless, which is why Matt told us to just continue to the end of the race. The only reason we usually stop is to allow the GT4 cars to finish their race without AI getting in their way. If the lobby host instructs you to do something, you follow the instructions, plain and simple.
SubaruWRX522
SubaruWRX522

TORA Race Number : 229
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2017-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next