TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Racing With Ashley Sutton! EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
Racing With Ashley Sutton! EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Racing With Ashley Sutton! EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Racing With Ashley Sutton! EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Racing With Ashley Sutton! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Racing With Ashley Sutton! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Racing With Ashley Sutton! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Racing With Ashley Sutton! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Racing With Ashley Sutton! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

Racing With Ashley Sutton!

+5
adam20692
STRAW Orange
Richy59
Aanenvaimennin
CQR Champion
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Racing With Ashley Sutton! Empty Racing With Ashley Sutton!

Post by CQR Champion Sat 13 Jun 2009 - 20:30

Keep Update With Ashley's Racing

About Ashley
Hi, my name is Ashley Sutton I am 15. My birthday is on the 15th of January and i was born in 1994. This is my 9th year of being in the seat. I am a student at Birchwood High School and I am doing a Mechanics Collage Course.

I have had a interest in motorsport since I was born. My dad use to race Drag cars and so did my mum. Racing has run though the family. When I got my first kart I just got use to it by driving around my dad work car park after a year went down to our local track Rye House. I can remember it as if it was yesterday; I was really worried as I was only 6 and it was wet. That’s when the life of Motorsport really did started off for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards Through Racing

He was also awarded the ‘LEWIS HAMILTON’ TRUE GRIT ‘twice’.
‘O’ PLATE – Ashley had to start at the back of the grids for all 3 heats with great results, he started 5th in the final and went on to WIN!
Ashley has broken many track records over his karting years and been awarded trophies for this!
He has also raced at club meetings, during his early years and also between championships, winning many trophies.
We have been told that this is the first time that someone has won SUPER 1, STARS OF TOMORROW and the ‘O’ PLATE all in one year!

Ashley will be racing in a different class from now on.
He will be racing in KF3, which is faster than KF3.
He will still be using an OCTANE go kart, same as he did in 2008.
‘OAKLEY’ has sponsored his race wear.
He will be running in NJR Race Team for the winter 2008-09 championship and they will also be running Ashley in 2009.
Ashley was presented with his trophy, for winning ‘Stars of Tomorrow’ at the Auto Sports Show. He was also invited, with his family, to the Autosport Awards 2007 on the 2nd December. This was held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London and was televised a few days later. Ashley met many motor sport celebrities including Jenson Button, Jason Plato and to top of the evening the one and only Lewis Hamilton! They all spoke to Ashley, with congratulations and wished him good luck in his future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Progess So Far...

Cadet Class
2002 - The first year of racing. I competed in the WTP Championship and finished 5th overall.
2003 - I competed in the WTP Championship again and finished 5th overall again! I entered the Midland Champs for the first time and came 1st! I also competed in the '0' Plate (British Open) and came third!
2004 - I then joined a team called PITTS Racing for my third year in the WTP Championship, this helped joining a team as I finished 3rd overall. Then I competed in Midland Champs, I finished 1st for the second year running. The '0' Plate wasn't as successful but still came 6th. Kart Masters (Kart Grid Prix), was a very successful meeting as i won both finals!

Minimax Class
2005 – This year i competed in a Championship called Stars Of Tomorrow, this was a championship that was over 6 rounds. I finished 6th in that year. Midland Champs – I had a well deserved 2nd! London Cup at Rye House, I finished 2nd.
2006 - First year for entering the British Championship called Super1. I joined a team called Coles Racing, my dad, Warren was my mechanic. I shocked everyone and finished 3rd overall. As this was my first year in Super1, I won Vega Rookie Cup.
2007 - WHAT A YEAR, my last race on 7th October 07 for the Super1 Championship, the pressure was on! Still with Coles Racing Team and my dad still as the mechanic. I was going into the last round of the British Championship joint first with a rival that I have been racing with since I started karting. My first heat I started 22nd and I worked my way up to 9th over the 10 lap race. My second and third heat I finished 3rd. In the final I had to work hard! I had to finish 5th and above. I had now two rivals out there. They both were starting 4 places ahead of me I had to finish in between them! The final was a dog fight, 4 laps from the end I dropped back to 9th, every one thought it was over, but I made a surprising come back and got back 4th, finishing in between my two rivals. I was over the moon with this result, becoming BRITISH CHAMPION OF 2007. I also entered another championship called Stars Of Tomorrow. I joined another race team for this, called NJR Motorsports they were the suppliers of the kart Octane that I was now driving! There was a round in Genk, Belgium. It was a double header meeting which means you have 3 heats a final on Saturday and the same again on Sunday. This weekend I won all 6 heats and both finals. After this round I knew I had the title! I didn't have to race in the last round as I had already won by 59pts.

KF3 Class
2008 - Still racing with NJR Motorsports, on my Octane kart, which is sponsored by Octane. ‘Oakley’ is still sponsoring my race wear.
This year, Nick from Octane contacted ‘Birch Engineering’ in Stansted Abbott’s, Hertfordshire and they have kindly sponsored me and I would like to say a big thank you to them!
With the help from all sponsors, my karting career can go further!
I entered ‘Stars of Tomorrow’ and 'Super1 championships.
Stars of Tomorrow sponsored Ashley in there championship. They paid for my entrance fee for each round and they also have sponsored my tyres needed in the championship.
I didn't have as good a year as before but I still finished 10th in Super1. Stars Of Tomorrow was better as I finished 4th Overall.

The big achievement of this year was when I went to the European Qualifiers and started 3rd in the Western Qualifiers which was held in Spain, this meant that I could go to the European Finals in France. When I arrived at the European Finals I was shocked how fast I was in the rain. I was as fast if not faster than Brandon Massarno who raced at this track all the time. It came to the First final and I was starting 12th, I got up to 4th by the first lap but I was lacking engine power and dropped back to 12th. The Main Final wasn't as good and I was hit from behind and nearly rolled over, but I was launched over the top of 3 other drivers and bent the kart. I was still happy knowing I was the fastest in the rain and that I came 12th in the first final.

KF2 Class
2009 – Still racing with NJR Motorsports on the Octane kart, which is sponsored by octane. Oakley is still sponsoring my race wear. JM Racing are supplying my engines and Iame are sponsoring the engines as well. Iame is the main engine company. Birch Engineering is still helping with my European racing.
Three weeks ago I gave a big surprise to a lot of people aboard at the European Qualifiers. We went out there just as a little team up against the biggest teams in the world. It came to the race and we were struggling with being as fast as the leaders.
It came to the Pre-Final and we had put it on grid 10. I was caught up in an accident at the start which ended up with me not finishing that well and coming home 22nd. We thought it was over to make it to the European Finals after having such a bad Pre-Final. It came to the Grand Final and I was starting 22nd. This race was an eye-opener for a lot of people there. As by the first two corners I went from 22nd to 6th. Seven laps in we got to third, I have never been so high ranked up in a European race against the world. I was slowly catching the leaders but towards the end we lost time. I was slowly getting caught, I just thought to myself about getting to the final, don’t get me wrong I would of loved to be on the podium but finishing was the main point. I ended up coming home 4th from 22nd, which was a great achievement.
Super 1 Championship – The first round didn’t start of as we liked it to. After blowing up engines and having bad luck we were gridded 28th for the Grand Final. I managed to pull it out of the hat again and came home 2nd. The motorsport news commented in their newspaper as the “Great Killing Attack”. For the second round at shennington, 36 drivers entered and for the Grand Final I ended up finishing 10th. My next round is at Rowrah in the Lake District on the 6th – 7th June.

Thanks and i will keep you updated!!

Last edited by iGr Champion on Sun 28 Jun 2009 - 12:48; edited 3 times in total
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://www.ashleysuttonracing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Racing With Ashley Sutton! Empty Re: Racing With Ashley Sutton!

Post by CQR Champion Sat 13 Jun 2009 - 20:34

Gallery

Lastest!
Racing With Ashley Sutton! Ashley19Racing With Ashley Sutton! Ashley20
Racing With Ashley Sutton! Ashley21Racing With Ashley Sutton! Ashley22

News Feed

New!!
13/06/09 - Rachel Green invited Ashley alone to Rockingham Raceway for some future advice and a private test.
unfortanatly Ashley wasn't old enough for getting a lience just yet but still went out as a passenger. He was frilled on how much grid a Catterham has! Great Day!!!!

New!!
12/06/09 - Ashley has received a great present from his dads work mate. On the 12th June Ashley came home to a huge surprise! His dad Warren was speaking to one of his work mates and were talking about Ashley's Racing. Later on in the conversation they started talking about moving into cars. Ashley's dad's mate use to race Formula Ford, the car has been sitting in the garage due to funds for 2 years, He said to Warren that he would liek to help and GIVE Ashley his Formula Ford to do test days in to learn the tracks for Clio cup/Single Seaters next year (2010). Ashley was over the moon! Pictures coming soon...

03/05/09 - Ashley Sutton surprised a lot of people at the European Qualifiers with a great drive from
22nd - 4th.

Last edited by iGr Champion on Wed 24 Jun 2009 - 20:23; edited 1 time in total
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aanenvaimennin Wed 24 Jun 2009 - 20:02

cool....about the private testing.... i was invited to Private test a Formula BMW from Rahal Letterman racing.....in my first year...im so stoked....
Aanenvaimennin
Aanenvaimennin

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.jlgbroadcasting.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Wed 24 Jun 2009 - 20:25

oh cool cool!
Still can't get other the formula ford!!!!! lol.

Update: Is of testing tomorrow at Whilton Mill to get ready for the British Championship in 2 weeks time.
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aanenvaimennin Wed 24 Jun 2009 - 20:43

you know i should make myself on eof these threads....although im pretty sure no one would care after my shenanagans over this past couple of weeks...
Aanenvaimennin
Aanenvaimennin

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Wed 24 Jun 2009 - 20:46

you should, do it with mine.
create your own thread.
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Sun 28 Jun 2009 - 12:46

www.ashleysuttonracing.co.uk

It is now up and running!
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Thu 2 Jul 2009 - 21:05

Round 4 of the British Championship!
Whilton Mill Karting

This weekend is going to play a big part in getting sponsorship as a few people know.
I am currently running in 6th in the championship and hoping to get up there.

Been doing alot of testing with the chassie's and ALOT of DINO'ing with the engines.

I will update you on monday to say how it all went.

www.ashleysuttonracing.co.uk
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Sat 25 Jul 2009 - 9:15

European Finals - Essay Karting

Next week on Tuesday night/Wednesday i am off to france for the European Finals. Yesterday night we got back from testing, with the new developed kart and engines, and things are looking good for the finals.
Last year i came 12th in the European Finals, lets see if a can beat it Wink

I will update you on next monday to say how it all went.

You can watch live time on here.
http://www.cikfia.com/News2009/Essay.htm
It will be on, Saturday/Sunday
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 9:27

Right just a little by note till monday!
Please feel free to drop in on live timing!. My class is KF2 so you might have to wait till that is up.

Ciao!
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 10:53

Good Luck Very Happy

Racing With Ashley Sutton! C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aanenvaimennin Sat 8 Aug 2009 - 19:59

Hey, you should get your team to ship over to Daytona and race the Nationals this December...im not sure they have KF2 though....let me check...
Aanenvaimennin
Aanenvaimennin

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Sat 8 Aug 2009 - 21:36

well let me know. Because i might be doing senior max yet due to money issues.
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aanenvaimennin Sat 8 Aug 2009 - 21:50

PLOW Champion wrote:well let me know. Because i might be doing senior max yet due to money issues.

They dont have KF2 or KF3. But you can Run a Rotax Sr.(125cc) in Tag Sr.(Tag Final 1 and 2)
Here you can look for yourself...

http://www.worldkarting.com/pg/series/mc/mc-classes1.html
Aanenvaimennin
Aanenvaimennin

Back to top Go down

Post by STRAW Orange Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 10:41

My brother used to race with you in WTP, maybe JICA as well, can't remember if you was doing JICA at the same time. Ashley Bibby?

Might start KF2 next year, not sure yet, Its nice not to be stood at tracks in the rain getting cold and wet, haha. Im off to the S1 at Fulbeck this weekend though.
STRAW Orange
STRAW Orange

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-10-16

http://STRAWMotorsport.com (Coming Soon)

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 11:05

oh crap year i remember. Good old WTP days :L

Don't start KF2 unless you have 50k a year Very Happy

How old are you now?
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by STRAW Orange Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 11:25

PLOW Champion wrote:oh crap year i remember. Good old WTP days :L

Don't start KF2 unless you have 50k a year Very Happy

How old are you now?

LOL! WTP ftw. Wink

Haha, i know, you may as well throw your money out of the window, its got stupid now. They need to get rid of KF1 and just merge them both, in the UK anyway.

Im 19, Ash is 16. Added you on xbl anyways! Probably see you on Forza 3 sometime. I ended up packing karting in when my Bro started doing WTP/JICA properly. Did Mini Max and Junior Max for a few years tho, good old times!
STRAW Orange
STRAW Orange

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 11:47

yh. we have dropped out of KF2 to go senior just due to cost. and tbh the front brakes can ruin it because you get any old muppet lungin you and ruining you race.
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by STRAW Orange Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 12:10

PLOW Champion wrote:yh. we have dropped out of KF2 to go senior just due to cost. and tbh the front brakes can ruin it because you get any old muppet lungin you and ruining you race.

Yea, sensible really, we dropped out of JICA when KF came out, just too much money. Sorta glad we packed it in when we did though, its fun but there are better things to do!
Tempted to get a KF2 just to go testing with though, i miss that buzz. afro
STRAW Orange
STRAW Orange

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 12:12

D3fend wrote:
PLOW Champion wrote:yh. we have dropped out of KF2 to go senior just due to cost. and tbh the front brakes can ruin it because you get any old muppet lungin you and ruining you race.

Yea, sensible really, we dropped out of JICA when KF came out, just too much money. Sorta glad we packed it in when we did though, its fun but there are better things to do!

even that will cost. Just the real builds. I have to admit the buzz is very good!!!
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by STRAW Orange Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 12:18

PLOW Champion wrote:
D3fend wrote:

even that will cost. Just the real builds. I have to admit the buzz is very good!!!

Yea, suppose. have to see, fancy trading my Corsa in for a Clio RS200 and taking it round the track. Its either that or karting, haha.
STRAW Orange
STRAW Orange

Back to top Go down

Post by adam20692 Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 0:35

ah well if were all doing threads lol i should make mine lol stock hatch driver currently lol
adam20692
adam20692

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 1:15

Peter Brock trophy winner of the future....
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Sat 7 Nov 2009 - 0:14

After having a think for 2010.

Ashley Sutton is finally moving up in the world Very Happy

Ashley will be racing a single seater series. They are very very simular to formula ford just a cheaper way round!
We are using this to learnt the tracks as it is the cheapest form or single seaters going.
I have my Open day in Lotus Elise on Sunday at a private track near me. This is just to get use to abit of Car control not KART control as it is a big step.

Car:
Racing With Ashley Sutton! Formul10

The car is going to for its new look very soon.
I will keep you posted!
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aanenvaimennin Sat 7 Nov 2009 - 0:24

PLOW Champion wrote:After having a think for 2010.

Ashley Sutton is finally moving up in the world Very Happy

Ashley will be racing a single seater series. They are very very simular to formula ford just a cheaper way round!
We are using this to learnt the tracks as it is the cheapest form or single seaters going.
I have my Open day in Lotus Elise on Sunday at a private track near me. This is just to get use to abit of Car control not KART control as it is a big step.

Car:
Racing With Ashley Sutton! Formul10

The car is going to for its new look very soon.
I will keep you posted!

its awesome! Right now me and my dad are finishing up my TaG Kart for Daytona Kart Week....i a yaer we should be looking at some single seaters also!
Aanenvaimennin
Aanenvaimennin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next