I forgot my password

Facebook
Instagram
Gallery
Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

What is the scariest Moment youve ever had behind the wheel?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What is the scariest Moment youve ever had behind the wheel?

Post by culchi on Mon 9 Nov 2009 - 9:34

hmmm where to start.
age 7 older cousins hotwired a tractor put me up on it driving a 2 mile straight bog road. no problem until getting close to end and found out there was no brakes jumped from tractor to see it drive across the road 20 seconds after an artic drove past.
age 18 driving my fathers van down a country road as a shortcut to my mates roughly 10pm mid winter driving down a long straight so doing maybe 60mph sheep steps out right in front of me. copntact sheep goes flying maybe 10-20 metres gets up and walks away my bonnet and lights are smashed.
Age 19 same road further along but in other direction again dads van returning home at approx 5am not fit to drive due to certain indulgences that night heavy rain leaves huge puddles hit one and start to spin managed to recover 5 times but overcompensated and couldnt get it under control before a hairpin turn with a 2 metre drainage ditch went into that sideways and slid down into the ditch had to be pulled out by a truck the next day.
Age 20 same road halfway between the above incidents (you'd have thought id have learnt by now) again heavy rain same van come around a corner and see a car approaching me so i pull over to the side to let it pass. she sees me and gets scared jams the brakes and slides straight into me all i could do was sit there shouting turn bitch.
Age 22 outside dublin new van old one finally gave up was driving home from dublin and was on a perfectly straight road behind some cars went to overtake had done about 3 cars of 6 when some idiot further up the road came out of his house and turned into me. ended up braking and screeching the [Censored] out of the tyres to finish 2 meters from him car.
oh one other one when i was a kid and working with my father we were driving along the road when a ford mondeo went to overtake us without looking if it was clear got a land rover in the face that scared the [Censored] outa me as a kid

TORA Chairman

culchi

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke on Mon 9 Nov 2009 - 9:40

You tried to take 6 cars in a go in a van, no wonder you had an accident... Suspect

ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by culchi on Mon 9 Nov 2009 - 10:21

besides the turbo is some of those fans is unbelieveable

TORA Chairman

culchi

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Mon 9 Nov 2009 - 12:01

aaaaaannn.d NO mention of the rallying!?!?!?!?!

Ok so the roll...
Was testing for the karting team a few yeras ago at Llandow. Conditions were great, really hot and running super sticky tyres. Wasn't sat quite square in the seat as it was (ahem) a lil too snug for my hips. The kart was constantly filting on two wheels on every tight right hander so you'd have thought I'd have learned after 30 laps!
I decided to do one final lap a I felt I was getting the best out of it at the time. Exiting the first chicane I saw my team mate on the grass with the engine smoking. I looked back and realised I was heading for Turn 2 with the kerbing running right under the kart. I span 180 degrees which pissed me off so I went to flick the kart back round....at this point I was still doing about 50mph.
As it turned back the right side dug in and flicked me up into the air and over I went! I skidded on my head for about 50 yards or so. When I came to a halt I realised as I was wedged in the kart I couldn't get out and I was kind of getting doused in fuel too!
After a few minutes the team realised something was wrong and came and found me. I sat otu the rest of the meeting and drove home to Weston afterwards.... getting oh so high on the fumes off my suit!!
No damage to me or my lid funnily enough, just some paint worn off. The suit had some serious scuffing.burns where I'd skidded on my arms and knees. Suffice to say I still need a new one!

Matt
jenson09

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 13728

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow on Mon 9 Nov 2009 - 12:31

thoes suits are tough though, i got mine caught inmy clutch once and no problems

XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Mon 9 Nov 2009 - 13:47

yeah really glad I paid the extra and got a quality one.
Alpinestars all the way!!!

Matt
jenson09

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 13728

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis on Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 7:34

so wish i actually had a use for a fire suit.... sadly i cannot afford to race real cars so Tora's the next best thing to being a professional race car driver.... so now i'll be a professional online race car driver

Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4714
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:37

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top