TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

F1 2010: The Game

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: F1 2010: The Game

Post by Crisis Nine on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 11:21

Britracer wrote:Uhm, I restated my career, I'm in the Hispania, on Legen difficulty and set pole position. I was struggling to gt out of Q1 on professional in the Virgin :S

What? My difficulty shows as hard and expert? What's this about legend and professional?

Duncan wrote:Guys any 1 runing with out tcs its a nightmare on expert lol, still havent made it out of barhian lol

Yes. I've restarted my career 7 times now on expert. I began on hard and got up to 8th so thought I'd go with expert to give it some realism coz the Lotus would never get to 8th in qualy. So I started on expert and I'm really struggling. Went back to hard and qualified on pole! Expert all the way but it's just ridiculously hard. I keep spinning when I least expect it to.

Scot wrote:Getting sick of dropping it on every third corner round Sakhir. Run all three practice sessions so far, and STILL can't nail a decent lap together.

Same here. And when I do I'm still half a second off the next best man and that's with giving everything. And as for the penalties if you just wait off track until everyone has passed then you wont get one. I did get a drive through last night though for causing a crash even though there was no crash and the replay confirmed that, so I went in for my drive through, drove through, and got another one right after for speeding in the pit lane!

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 11:39

Richy, the first puncture was due to tyre wear, I think. The second blow-out, the tyres had only been on a lap and were up to pressure. Then I ran out on a kerb and it just blew. so I rewound, and stayed away from the kerb and had no problems.

ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by FranchittiFan on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 12:10

i got pole on the hardest level in a HRT round Malaysia with no assists by 4 seconds LOL

FranchittiFan

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 8959
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Britracer on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 12:10

Crisis, the AI difficulty is what I was talking about. Sorry Embarassed

Britracer

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 12:21

played my first career race yesterday, and i had fun. i did not realize the fact that whichever set of tires you used in Q3 is what you use at the start, meaning i started the race on a set of Options that were nearly 1/2 way done. So i ended up pitting earlier than planned. i had planned to pit by lap 10 (set to 50% distance, 25laps total), but i was loosing too much ground so i pitted at lap 7 for primes, and only pitted that once, as nearing the end, i saw the other AI pitted again. after a spin out on my part at turn 1 from putting down the throttle too soon, i made a hard charge to battle Hamilton for the win.
Im not sure what difficulty it was set to, but i had fun. Smile i started off with minimal tcs, but in my practice sessions, i'd only get one good lap in, then spin out every other lap. i turned the tcs up to full for the Qualy session, and managed to start 3rd. oh, i had chose the HRT-cosworth

LMR DarthMario

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8040
Registration date : 2009-04-29

https://www.facebook.com/DarthMariosAnimeOutlet/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 12:39

Britracer wrote:Crisis, the AI difficulty is what I was talking about. Sorry Embarassed
How do you change the AI difficulty I cant find the option?

Crisis Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Britracer on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 12:44

When you go to the race weekend, you have a confirmation box pop up. It has race distance, long weekend/short weekend, and there is the difficulty option down towards the bottom. Second from the bottom of the difficulty options is the Ai difficulty. Hope that helps Smile

Britracer

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 13:40

Do you have to race in an HRT, Lotus or Virgin as your first team? I fancy a Williams or a Renault...

Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13786
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 13:50

ColinMcRae555 wrote:i got pole on the hardest level in a HRT round Malaysia with no assists by 4 seconds LOL

What lap time did you do?!

nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10769
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 15:12

Britracer wrote:When you go to the race weekend, you have a confirmation box pop up. It has race distance, long weekend/short weekend, and there is the difficulty option down towards the bottom. Second from the bottom of the difficulty options is the Ai difficulty. Hope that helps Smile

Nice one cheers I'll have a look.

Crisis Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV Slim on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 15:18

ColinMcRae555 wrote:i got pole on the hardest level in a HRT round Malaysia with no assists by 4 seconds LOL

Unless it was raining I doubt you managed that on Legend.

Oh i forgot,you have mad skillz.

VVV Slim

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 19:00

I LOVE THIS GAME

allbeit im really bad, i managed a win in the virgin on 2nd hardest level and a pole. I started off using the manual trans and the lowest TCS setting without turning it off so i dont think im doing that bad

XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV Slim on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 19:08

turn the AI difficulty up, I know it's great getting pole or winning but a Virgin really shouldnt be doing that.

There's a huge bug in single player at the moment, Catalunya is the worst for it....so far anyway.

Quoted from VVV Hellbr1ing3r:

---SERIOUS ISSUE WITH RACE PACE OF AI---

Right, this is seriously becoming a major major issue for me. But before I continue explaining what I think is the biggest issue of this bug-filled game, I'll read off my settings.

1st Season of Career, Lotus car, Trulli Teamate.
Racing on Expert diff, Legendary AI and no assists. 20% Race, but set to Long Weekend.

-- Ok, either something's up with the pace of these cars in Practice and Qual, or someone put rocket fuel in every car on Race Day. As most F1 fanatics will tell you, the fastest Qual laps are done with something like 3 laps of fuel in, and fresh rubber. In the Race, you use the same set for quite some laps carrying a whole race's worth of fuel, which is very heavy and costs time.

What my gripe is, is this: In the race every car seems to gain speed in the gap of 1-2 seconds from pace shown in Qualifying. This is ruining the game.

At my difficulty setting, I am enjoying a bottom of the table battle, in Practice and Qual I can keep with my teamate and HRT/Virgin cars, but rarely see the top half. I get lucky sometimes and post a great lap, but then it's only 14th, 12th etc.

So lets take Catalunya for example:

Pole was a Ferrari with a 1.23.xxx
I was 19th with a 1.25.xxx
Last place was 1.26.xxx

Lap TWO, yes...2!...of the race the leader pulls out a 1.21.8xxx
And once Karun Chandok in the HRT gets enough space (lap 4), throws down a 1.23.xxx in 19th place and then beats the P1 car in the first sector timewise.

I don't think so.

The result is whilst I can enjoy a competitive battle in the first 2 sessions, I am uttely destroyed in the race by all cars. And it should not be happening. If Codies were so utterly stupid to rubber-band these AI cars they've possibly made the dumbest mistake in SimRacing history.

Catalunya was the worst, one track I really know and it seems the AI can just breeze around the corners and still carry full mph's down the straights, I've tried multiple setups and it's just silly.

Although I have a solution to combat this.

Turn off Simulated fuel and tire wear. Whilst this may not be realistic, it appears the idiot programmers have constructed the AI to ALWAYS run at Optimum tyre grip and minimum fuel, meaning they run all 66 laps at 0 fuel weight.

The lesser grip of used tires and the added weight of extra fuel NEVER affects the AI in races. Go figure...

VVV Slim

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 19:30

Yeah i think it was a fluke, i did much worse when i got to melbourne

XTI Jon Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 20:54

wow with limited assists and legend difficulty AI im still winning races in the virgin (no innuendos intended)

XTI Jon Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 22:54

VVV Slim wrote:turn the AI difficulty up, I know it's great getting pole or winning but a Virgin really shouldnt be doing that.

There's a huge bug in single player at the moment, Catalunya is the worst for it....so far anyway.

Quoted from VVV Hellbr1ing3r:

---SERIOUS ISSUE WITH RACE PACE OF AI---

Right, this is seriously becoming a major major issue for me. But before I continue explaining what I think is the biggest issue of this bug-filled game, I'll read off my settings.

1st Season of Career, Lotus car, Trulli Teamate.
Racing on Expert diff, Legendary AI and no assists. 20% Race, but set to Long Weekend.

-- Ok, either something's up with the pace of these cars in Practice and Qual, or someone put rocket fuel in every car on Race Day. As most F1 fanatics will tell you, the fastest Qual laps are done with something like 3 laps of fuel in, and fresh rubber. In the Race, you use the same set for quite some laps carrying a whole race's worth of fuel, which is very heavy and costs time.

What my gripe is, is this: In the race every car seems to gain speed in the gap of 1-2 seconds from pace shown in Qualifying. This is ruining the game.

At my difficulty setting, I am enjoying a bottom of the table battle, in Practice and Qual I can keep with my teamate and HRT/Virgin cars, but rarely see the top half. I get lucky sometimes and post a great lap, but then it's only 14th, 12th etc.

So lets take Catalunya for example:

Pole was a Ferrari with a 1.23.xxx
I was 19th with a 1.25.xxx
Last place was 1.26.xxx

Lap TWO, yes...2!...of the race the leader pulls out a 1.21.8xxx
And once Karun Chandok in the HRT gets enough space (lap 4), throws down a 1.23.xxx in 19th place and then beats the P1 car in the first sector timewise.

I don't think so.

The result is whilst I can enjoy a competitive battle in the first 2 sessions, I am uttely destroyed in the race by all cars. And it should not be happening. If Codies were so utterly stupid to rubber-band these AI cars they've possibly made the dumbest mistake in SimRacing history.

Catalunya was the worst, one track I really know and it seems the AI can just breeze around the corners and still carry full mph's down the straights, I've tried multiple setups and it's just silly.

Although I have a solution to combat this.

Turn off Simulated fuel and tire wear. Whilst this may not be realistic, it appears the idiot programmers have constructed the AI to ALWAYS run at Optimum tyre grip and minimum fuel, meaning they run all 66 laps at 0 fuel weight.

The lesser grip of used tires and the added weight of extra fuel NEVER affects the AI in races. Go figure...

Yep i thought something was up especially seeing as Chaddy got on pole with the difficulty on legend and other cases similar to that when im in the midfield on legend with the lotus i cant believe they've done that haha

lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 23:18

Ok, legend is not expert - expet is hardest lol

Game is bugged though chris had drive through for wrong tyre choice but he changed tyres twice.

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting

CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15744
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 23:36

wtf haha these difficulty levels are silly

XTI Jon Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 23:40

Duncan wrote:Ok, legend is not expert - expet is hardest lol

Game is bugged though chris had drive through for wrong tyre choice but he changed tyres twice.

thats the one Razz and why that makes no sense Suspect and also the penalty systems flawed when if someone hits you, you end up with a penalty its bizarre!

lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 23:47

Like i have AI difficulty at full but i change around my assists so its technically custom, idk whats going on Razz

XTI Jon Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 1:00

biggs and i had an EPIC race around ye olde' valencia street circuit today.

HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 5694
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 10:56

Yeh last night was mega frustrating. Qualified on pole due to getting a fast lap in before the rain came, then got screwed over with the DQF for not using both tyre compounds.

CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6073
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 11:27

Can anyone explain the D-Pad settings please as I can't seem to find it explained anywhere. How does it work and what options can you change.

Crisis Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 12:08

D Pad settings from top of my head

Right - Wing

Then Up for more grip, Down for higher speed

Down - Tyres

Then which way for which tyre, I know down is inters. then that would be the set you put on the next pit stop (or while your sat in the pits with your tryes on waiting for the traffic to clear you can change your tyres)

Regards

JAMIE ANDERS0N (0 = a number) previously BG Chucky 82

TORA

Follow me on Twitter: JAMIE__ANDERS0N

JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6808
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 12:18

As Jamie said above. Later on, you'll also unlock new engine maps (Up on the D pad)

CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6073
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:32

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next