TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

VIP now available as DLC

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: VIP now available as DLC

Post by its troff on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 15:55

I thought holding back cars and tracks in the first place was a bad idea but as I'm sure they had this up their sleeve all along they had no right using leading statements like "The VIP program is an initiative to reward fans of the series that have purchased the Limited Collector’s Edition (LCE) of Forza Motorsport 3."

I'm all for everbody having access to the content but to the people who at the time were trading in games and making other sacrifices because they thought they only had the one shot of getting the content, its a real kick in the balls.

Please feel free to edit my post if you feel "balls" is a naughty grown-ups word that I shouldn't be using.

its troff

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 20:00

Troff, give it a rest, there's no need to be stupid about it.

And I made my 'sacrifices' when Forza came out, but was unable to source a LCE. I settled for the standard one as it was all I could get. Otherwise, I would have been a VIP from day one.

At the end of the day, all the LCE buyers have had the VIP content for months before us, but you still had to pay extra for the priviledge. Now, I am paying extra for the same priviledge.

Swings and roundabouts.

ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 20:23

Don't the VIP guys get free DLC anyway?

nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10769
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 20:27

nickyf1 wrote:Don't the VIP guys get free DLC anyway?
Never heard that. If they do, I'll be even MORE upset because I have VIP and haven't gotten any free DLC..

XTI Avenger

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://xtiracing.homeip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 20:40

Still, why has this caused so much outcry? So what, people are getting the same cars as you, big deal!

I don't even want any of the DLC packs, im happy with what we have already with the game.

nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 21:14

Big deal because I spent 80 bucks (Don't know how that converts) for something I could've saved 20 bucks for. Spent almost two months before it came out making sure I especially got that VIP treatment.
Im glad more people can play the game and enjoy it, but I was told that VIP would be special. Why the hell did I check GameStop 3 times a week to check if Forza 3 was coming out and save my money for 4 months to get it, when I could've been all chilled out and not had to worry about it. Not to mention, I could still be playing MCLA, Nascar 09, most of my PS2 collection, and my Wii games.
I don't expect everyone to be screaming, because this is a good thing, but why the hell promise it to people and make them believe that the sacrifices would be worth it. I know it makes me sound more of a dork/geek/nerd/no-life, but when I spent 1/3 more on Forza, I wanted that special treatment and what came with it. I expected that it would be worth it. Sure, people have to spent a little bit more to catch up, but then its over with, no big deal.
I just expected Forza3 fans to be a little more upset that they were tricked, even though it is expected. I know Halo 3 fans would be mobbing in the street if they found out their Legendary copy's Bonuses were being sold to the public, and LCE wouldn't mean crap.

XTI Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:11

Fair doos.

nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:23

So, if this had not been available at launch for half the price, you would not be complaining..... Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:28

nickyf1 wrote:Don't the VIP guys get free DLC anyway?

i seem to recall an M5 and an RX8

HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 5694
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:43

AJ wrote:So, if this had not been available at launch for half the price, you would not be complaining..... Suspect
If your saying that had it been cheaper it wouldn't be so bad, I probably wouldn't be making such a large fit. A fit, but not a large fit.

XTI Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:46

Buying the VIP content separate is nearly 2x as much as getting it at launch.

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:50

Thats the techincal thing, but I'm sure it wouldn't be such a big deal to most people. Remember, money can buy ANYTHING!

XTI Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Billing1991 on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 15:26

I see where everyone is coming from, it's a little unfair to offer people the VIP content albeit at a higher price.

I don't feel cheated that people can buy the content, but if they're allowed the VIP status then thats a little unfair I think. It's the principle of the matter, if you went out and bought a special edition car, it had special trim, loads of technical gadgets etc and were assured that the extras you have would be exclusive to the SE, you'd be pretty peeved if a couple of months down the line you saw that the company were now offering to upgrade standard cars for more money.

It just smacks of money grabbery to me tbh

Sam Billing1991

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Dean on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 15:56

Sam Billing1991 wrote:I see where everyone is coming from, it's a little unfair to offer people the VIP content albeit at a higher price.

I don't feel cheated that people can buy the content, but if they're allowed the VIP status then thats a little unfair I think. It's the principle of the matter, if you went out and bought a special edition car, it had special trim, loads of technical gadgets etc and were assured that the extras you have would be exclusive to the SE, you'd be pretty peeved if a couple of months down the line you saw that the company were now offering to upgrade standard cars for more money.

It just smacks of money grabbery to me tbh

With Microsoft and companies working with them you know they will. Like on NFS you can pay points just to get a few cars earlier. Ridiculous.

Saint Dean

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2010-02-21

http://www.angelsofaero.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 17:01

Maybe they should have just put the VIP cars as DLC rather than the full VIP membership including the small amount of benefits that come with being a VIP. It doesn't bother me at all, you can still buy the LCE game in britain for £20 new with all the DLC. I always buy LCE games and have a rather large collection of some pretty rare games/LCE editions and so VIP DLC really isn't a bother to me at all. I think its a good thing to have the cars available as DLC.

Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13786
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 20:35

The only thing that narks me tbh is that it kinda "cheapens" the VIP status. Maybe that's me just being elitist but it feels like that special status just got a little bit less special.

CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6073
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:54

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2