TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM

Go down

BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM Empty BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM

BrennGP have taken a very late step into the Formula Le Mans series, running a Audi R8 LMS in the GTC class for team owner ckBrenneke.

BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM FLMA

The last minute deal was put together with the help of main sponsor, Preci-Spark, who are the leading manufacturer of components for the jet aircraft, gas turbine and other advanced- technology industries. Preci-Spark are no strangers to the world of motorsport, having sponsored the Godfrey twins and their Ascari KZ1 in the British GT series for a number of years.

BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM FLMB

The BrennGP R8 was entered as a privateer, and managed to take a third place in class at the first race of the series at Catalunya. ckBrenneke got a great start from third on the grid, threading through to take the lead of the race by turn one. However, a shunt behind saw carnage at turn one, with a number of cars spearing off into the gravel and THR's jenson09 retiring from the race as soon as it began. The restart saw ckBrenneke make a good getaway, but he was reeled in by championship favourites Gashi and General. The car kept going backwards, and he was passed by sometimes teammate garyp3398.

BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM FLMC

However, turn one once again saw contact, as ckBrenneke outbraked himself, collecting Gary and dumping him in the gravel trap. AJzero and ADx Garage passed in the aftermath, and opened up a gap, but a number of mistakes from both drivers allowed ckBrenneke to catch up, all he while mindful that Gary and tceriale were closing rapidly. A very late brake into La Caixa saw him take a position from Adrian, then a number of deep corners from AJ left ck with a clear run, which he managed to hold to the chequered flag, third on the podium behind the very quick Gashi and general Ts0 respectively.

Whether the team return for the next round remains to be seen, as the deal with Preci-Spark was only for the first round. It seems likely that the team will get a package together in time for the next round, La Sarthe, in two weeks time.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

BrennGP run privateer entry in FLM :: Comments

Post Fri 21 May 2010 - 3:58 by x Gashi x

Great recap. I love recaps from someone else as I don't get to watch the racing anywhere but directly ahead of me. Great run CK. Sounds like you had plenty of racing.

Back to top Go down