TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure

3 posters

Go down

Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure Empty Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure

Post by Aanenvaimennin Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 4:42

This crash is just unbelievably horrible, on top of crashing on the first lap in pole position Giorgio Bartocci's safety belts break during the crash throwing him half way out the door, and then the lamborghini in engulved in flames, making the situation eerily similar to a 60's, 70's crash.

On a good note, Giorgio Bartocci was transported to a Hospital in Brno in intensive care, as he was stabilized he was sent back home to Rome to where he has stayed recovering from this horror accident.
Aanenvaimennin
Aanenvaimennin

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.jlgbroadcasting.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure Empty Re: Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure

Post by Richy59 Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 5:17

I saw this awhile ago. What is worse than the crash and the seatbelt failure is the complete incompetance of the marshals and safety crew. When those first 2 firemen arrived they should have tried to get him out rather than spraying a pathetic amount of fire extinguishment on and around him. I mean, its like they don't see him hanging there. Then the safety jeep comes along and then nearly runs over one of the guys who got out of it who went to the boot. Trust it to be his team with normal clothes on who wanted to get in there to get him out and another driver who stopped. It took about a minute from the crash to get some proper heavy fire hoses onto the burning car and to get the guy out. I read that some people said they would prefer to be left there and removed properly than to be dragged out randomly and in a hurry incase more damage was caused. I'm sorry but I think thats just daft.

It might not be suitable for some people who don't like to see these kind of things to not watch btw. The main thing is he wasn't killed and is recovering from burns at home, alive.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure Empty Re: Giorgio Bartocci crash....Safety belt failure

Post by Matt Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 8:17

Yeah saw this a while back. It was a bloody awful crash but very good that Giorgio was basicaly ok.
Just shows how good the quality of marshalling is in the UK ans US in comparison to many other places. Had a number of examples that weekend of the sheer inadequacy.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down