TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
THR LM2.4 Race breakdown EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
THR LM2.4 Race breakdown EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
THR LM2.4 Race breakdown EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
THR LM2.4 Race breakdown EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
THR LM2.4 Race breakdown EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
THR LM2.4 Race breakdown EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
THR LM2.4 Race breakdown EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
THR LM2.4 Race breakdown EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
THR LM2.4 Race breakdown EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

THR LM2.4 Race breakdown

Go down

THR LM2.4 Race breakdown Empty THR LM2.4 Race breakdown

The sole Lola Aston Martin, resplendant in Gulf colours for this event, took to the grid after a last gasp effort saw jenson09 in the #45 take 7th and second in the 'petrol class'.
The start went well and #45 was riding on the coat tails of the #69 Coca Cola Racers HPD going into the Dunlop chicane. On the run down into Tetre Rouge, culchi ran wide onto the gravel allowing jenson09 to get ahead and build a good lead while the CCR drivers squabbled amongst themselves and the P2 Porsche of lfcnicklfc.
By lap 11 the CCR of Stonewall was in the pits after he had passed his team mates and began to close the gap to the #45. A slightly risky strategy on the part of THR saw the Aston Martin pit one lap later with barely anything in the tank but a lightning lap from jenson09 of 3.17.348 ensured a comfortable release from the pits ahead of Stonewall. This allowed the team a lap in hand over the rest of the field in terms of strategy.
Back on track and Stonewall began to close in on jenson09 as the Aston Martin driver settled into a mid to high 3.18s run. A small moment in the Porsche Curves saw the car run wide onto the gravel, losing some valuable time and allowing Stonewall to close down the gap significantly. However, by Lap 20 the CCR pitted once more and the advantage was once more with THR.
Lap 21 and the car was in for its second stop. A smooth stop allowed jenson09 to exit in the lead of the petrol class with a sufficient margin over the cars behind.
Disaster struck on Lap 22, when the engine died on the run into Corvette. jenson09 had no choice but to park the car trackside and retire from the race. A rare retirement for a Lola Aston Martin and a devastating blow to the team which had been looking good for a very strong result.

The driver had this to say:
"Its a real shame we couldn't carry on with our race. Looking at the results we could have taken 3rd or fourth with the pace we had. I'm disappointed for the team and for Aston Martin, we came here looking to do them proud and we've not done that."
"Despite this result we can take some positives away from it. The car has some real pace now. I hope we can carry this forward into the second half of the LMS season so I'm excited about that but just for now, we'll have to talk about what happened and try to make sure it can't happen again."
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit