TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit)

+2
GTR Evoluzione
JAMIE ANDERS0N
6 posters

Go down

ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) Empty ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit)

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 21 Sep 2010 - 19:26

This Wednesday is Meeting 5, Rounds 9 & 10 at Road Atlanta starting at 22:00BST

Lap Video

Race Format

Qualifying
TBA Laps

Race 1 (Round 9)
Laps TBA (Approx 10 Mins)
The race will be a standing start The grid will form in the order of fastest qualifying time first, where possible.

Race 2 (Round 10)
Laps TBA (Approx 10 Mins)
The race will be a standing start The grid will form in the reverse finishing order of Race 1.

Last Time Out

Tsukuba

7 cars took to the track at this event fighting for the top spot, in Qualifying Pole positions were given to,

1:02.308 – WWR Chillz _ Shell Aero Dynamic

In the race we had 1 lobby with some close battles and some not so close battles the following got on the top spot in each lobby

Race 1
Lobby A – WWR Chillz

Race 2
Lobby A – WWR Chillz

Championship

Drivers Championship

1st – WWR Chillz - 300 Net Points
2nd – WWR Aero - 249 Net Points
3rd – SelectiveRogue - 243 Net Points
4th – gen3ral ts0 - 222 Net Points
5th – garyp3398 - 208 Net Points

Teams Championship

1st – Shell Aero Dynamic - 705 Points
2nd – Team Henri-Lloyd - 436 Points
3rd – Akrapovic DDP Motorsport - 325 Points
4th – No Fear Racing - 324 Points
5th – Snap-On TMD Competition - 308 Points

Back On Track

With the racing be so close anything could happen here.

Lap Times
To Be Added

Lets discuss

Are you IN or are you OUT? Let’s just see in advance whos gonna be there. How’s your car handling? Do you like this track? Who do you think will win this event?
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) Empty Re: ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit)

Post by GTR Evoluzione Wed 22 Sep 2010 - 12:53

In - like a ferret up a trouser leg..

my car - its red.. handling you say.. like a skateboard with an abarth sticker on it.

The track - love turn 1, turn 2 trying not to cut it during testing, but keep my speed up - great track for the Abarths..

GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8433988@N08/

Back to top Go down

ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) Empty Re: ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit)

Post by CQR Aero Wed 22 Sep 2010 - 12:54

Lap video uploaded. Thanks to Matt for the commentary.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by garyp3398 Wed 22 Sep 2010 - 19:28

hopefully in
garyp3398
garyp3398

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by streetf1ghter80 Wed 22 Sep 2010 - 20:40

In please
streetf1ghter80
streetf1ghter80

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by streetf1ghter80 Wed 22 Sep 2010 - 22:14

What happened guys?
streetf1ghter80
streetf1ghter80

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Wed 22 Sep 2010 - 22:22

Sorry mate, due to the large number of no-shows tonight, the lobbies were merged and we missed you. Really sorry mate, you coming back on?
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by garyp3398 Wed 22 Sep 2010 - 23:59

Heres some pictures from tonight.

ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) 33nzul0

ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) 35mmtnd

ABT Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – Road Atlanta (Short Circuit) 348hq42

try get more up later.Need to mess around with the settings abit.
garyp3398
garyp3398

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 8:19

good fun last lads.. some excellent racing and from what i saw of front/rear bumpers lying around some rather large shunts!!
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 10:01

Didn't qualy as well as I'd hoped - did a 1.06.2XX as my quickest lap in race 1, but managed only a 1.08.1XX for my qualy hot lap. Still, that meant a 5th place start for race 1.

Started race 1 to see everyone leaving the grid. Guess my game was a bit behind everyone else. So as I built up speed off the line, everyone else was heading into turn 1. Thanks to crashes, shunts, collisions, and a few decent passes, plus having a damn good car, I got up through the pack and finished a reasonably straight-forward race 1 in 3rd.

Race 2 had me starting 6th, and a great start off the grid had me weaving through the pack and into 3rd behind the No Fear boys by turn 1. I managed to take 2nd from Chucky 1982 before the safety car came out for a pile-up behind me. gary3398 made a strong restart at the end of the lap, and I managed to stay with him, only to drift wide at turn 1 thanks to cold tyres.

Falling to the back of the pack, I worked my way through yet more collisions coupled with a few measured overtakes, and despite another short excursion off-track, managed to get back to 2nd behind Gary, who was still running in first. Then on lap 6 the safety car came back out.

The restart saw me drop behind Gary a little, but I was closing the gap into the chicane at the end of the back straight when I was collected by a rather rookie late lunge by Selective Rogue that threw me off track. That dropped me to fifth with a lap to go. I had a quick car and red mist, and chased down one of the Snap-On boys into turn 2, only for my car to unbalance on the inside kerb coming down the hill and roll me over.

Gutted, I finished seventh after Duncan stopped on the back straight to let me pass. Should have walked away with 2 podiums and 84 points though, and the way the car was driving, I reckon I could have taken Gary on those last two laps for the win in race 2.

Also, that was my first time ever using clutch. I'd turned it on for a quick three lap test right before qualy. Worked quite well, it certainly contributed to my race pace.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 11:28

Scot wrote:Also, that was my first time ever using clutch. I'd turned it on for a quick three lap test right before qualy. Worked quite well, it certainly contributed to my race pace.

I can't recommend using the clutch highly enough to anyone who doesn't already. If you're using the pad in particular, you can make this very easy to use by going to the "My Profile" section of the menu, going to "Controls" and swapping the clutch to the "A" button. Then, when changing gear, all you need to do is press B+A for upshifts and X+A for down, using the heel of your thumb to hit the clutch at the exact same time as gear shifting. It makes life so much easier than trying to synchronise your right thumb with your left finger on the LB, and you will easily gain half a second per lap by using the clutch.

Many congrats to gary (who incidentally was using the manual clutch for only the first or second time in anger), on taking his first TORA race win, and the overall meeting win. Cool
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 12:22

I will have to trail this, will it help me stop rolling the car?? lol
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 12:23

WWR Aero wrote:

I can't recommend using the clutch highly enough to anyone who doesn't already. If you're using the pad in particular, you can make this very easy to use by going to the "My Profile" section of the menu, going to "Controls" and swapping the clutch to the "A" button. Then, when changing gear, all you need to do is press B+A for upshifts and X+A for down, using the heel of your thumb to hit the clutch at the exact same time as gear shifting. It makes life so much easier than trying to synchronise your right thumb with your left finger on the LB, and you will easily gain half a second per lap by using the clutch.

Many congrats to gary (who incidentally was using the manual clutch for only the first or second time in anger), on taking his first TORA race win, and the overall meeting win. Cool

Damn you man!! I've just switched to manual and now your telling me i can go even quicker with the clutch!! now i'm sat at work wanting to go home to try this out.. actually i'm always sat at work wanting to go racing..
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 12:25

I've also got really fat thumbs, so the B+A and X+A will be no issue at all..
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 12:30

problem I have with this is I have Y set up to upshift as after a few sessions of doing manual gears my thumb strated hurting but I will try this out
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by garyp3398 Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 21:10

Thanks Chris Embarassed

After everyone crashing around me all i had to do was keep my head down.First win on the same night as first overall.I know it was only one lobby but im improving hopefully see my name near the top of the race results sometimes Shocked .Thanks to my team mate chucky and the WWR pair for all there help....................its been along time coming cheers

the clutch makes a big difference even more so on the lower powered cars like the abrath's.
garyp3398
garyp3398

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down