TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011

+10
ckBrenneke
nickyf1
lfcnicklfc
Ax4x Chaddy
XTI Jon Snow
LMR DarthMario
XTI Avenger
Richy59
CQR Rogue
Crisis Nine
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 Empty Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011

Post by Crisis Nine Thu 11 Nov 2010 - 14:54

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 11 Nov 2010 - 14:56

ah I have a feeling that is Forza Kenectttttttttttttttttttttttttttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 4 confirmed for 2011

Post by Richy59 Thu 11 Nov 2010 - 18:48

I can't go onto gamespot, can someone copy the text onto here so I can see what it says?
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Nov 2010 - 19:06

Star Wars Kinect game due Q4 2011

Microsoft's Kudo Tsunoda says the much-anticipated Star Wars Kinect game teased at E3 is due out "next holiday" season; Forza 4 also confirmed for next year.

There were many highlights at Microsoft's press briefing at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in June. One that struck a chord in many a would-be-Jedi's heart was a brief snippet (see below) of a new Star Wars game that would use the Kinect, the Xbox 360's motion-control system.

Star Wars: Kinect will arrive in Q4 2011.

At the time, the game was given a generic 2011 release date, offering some hope that it would arrive earlier rather than later in the year. Alas, today Kinect creative director Kudo Tsunoda told the BBC that gamers should put the still-unnamed title on their Christmas shopping lists.

"We have a Kinect Star Wars game coming out for next holiday," said Tsunoda. " I think you could just easily imagine being a Jedi and using Kinect to make you feel you're part of a Star Wars experience, building yourself up into a Jedi. I've seen a bunch of the game and it's super compelling."

Tsunoda also confirmed that the fourth Forza game, which will also use the Kinect, will launch next year. He did not, however give a release window, saying only that it was the "best racing game of this generation of consoles."

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 12:26

Oh boy Forza 4! *Sarcasm* Rolling Eyes
XTI Avenger
XTI Avenger

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://xtiracing.homeip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 15:05

XTI Avenger wrote:Oh boy, Forza 4! *Sarcasm* Rolling Eyes

+1
I just hope they go back to please the core gamers, ditch the Kinect b.s., and add Logitech compatibility.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 15:58

must be an absolutely epic game, they worked on for a whole YEAR!!!
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 19:38

i think their worried about GT5.... and they should be!
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 20:35

XTI Nightrider wrote:must be an absolutely epic game, they worked on for a whole YEAR!!!

well it'll be about 2, but remember forza isnt a bad game the graphics need a big upgrade and there needs to be another upgrade on the handling on the cars and the effects of heavier fuel loads/cold and worn tyres so i think there could be a huge difference lets hope anyway Smile
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 20:43

Forza has clearly used the exact same game engine since Forza 1...

But remember. FM2 had a 2007 release date and FM3 had a 2009 release date. 2011 seems realistic.

The only thing I really want out of Forza is a better driving experience. It doesn't need to be realistic, its semi-realism works quite well. What it needs is sharper and more roarty sounds and a more dynamic gameplay experience.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 21:00

nickyf1 wrote:Forza has clearly used the exact same game engine since Forza 1...

It didn't. Forza 2's engine was built from scratch.

But remember. FM2 had a 2007 release date and FM3 had a 2009 release date. 2011 seems realistic.

The only thing I really want out of Forza is a better driving experience. It doesn't need to be realistic, its semi-realism works quite well. What it needs is sharper and more roarty sounds and a more dynamic gameplay experience.

And RWD cars that behave like RWD cars.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 21:55

lfcnicklfc wrote:
XTI Nightrider wrote:must be an absolutely epic game, they worked on for a whole YEAR!!!

well it'll be about 2, but remember forza isnt a bad game the graphics need a big upgrade and there needs to be another upgrade on the handling on the cars and the effects of heavier fuel loads/cold and worn tyres so i think there could be a huge difference lets hope anyway Smile
Fair enough, but i guess my frustration is with how i defended forza and bashed GT5, only to realize eventually that Forza 3 was mediocre and that GT5 would actually be worth the wait. The thing is, you can tell T10 is trying to meet a deadline while Polyphony/SCEA are actually attempting to make a quality game. T10 at the moment seems to be in this box where they cannot read the forums on their site or listen to anyone who actually plays the game. Besides that we all know this is forza 4 kinnect, i doubt the game has changed much other than the addition of kinnect features, which, for those of us (me) who see kinnect as a gimmick (as seen at E3) with few other additions. This right here has alienated everyone who since forza 3 had been announced were saying we want such things as

Day/night
weather
headlights
working active aero (ie bugatti air brake)
more body customization (ie wide body kits)
race cars that arent just from ALMS
City circuits
more than 8 people online

and so on. GT5 seems to have taken all the features forza fans wanted (with some exceptions of course), and put them in a game. All im asking is that T10 takes time to make a GOOD game instead of something thats going to just leave the ever growing core racing community disappointed.

/rant
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 22:47

The next Forza, maybe not Forza 4, will be heavily based around Kinect therefor I don't think it will be a true Forza game. It's just a pity GT5 doesn't have a livery editor, then we wouldn't need Forza. Let's be honest, it's the only thing that keeps us coming back to it.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 23:17

maybe in GT6 Richy. Razz then watch the Forza franchise die, if it doesnt before then
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by i redbeard Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 0:15

DMR SWITCH wrote:maybe in GT6 Richy. Razz then watch the Forza franchise die, if it doesnt before then

I'd agree with that if GT went cross-platform, based on what is expected from GT5
i redbeard
i redbeard

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 1:43

I disagree. I to have been waiting for GT5 in the expectation I'd run out and buy a PS3. But after seeing the game play vids I have to say I won't be buying one as I'm disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved all the GT games I've played up to now, but it seems same old same old but with better graphics and night time.

Immediate things I noticed that FM3 has left me feeling should be standard.

cars attracting dirt
tyre marks on the roads
smashed lights, minor dents, scraps during rubbing light taps
reasonable tyre screeching

It looks like to inflict any damage is hard, the cars look gleaming even when driven through clouds of dust!!!!

FM4 needs public lobby control
- weather
- night / day
- track editor (imagine the kind of track editor they could come up with using the palettes / controls from the livery editor and even more exciting the communities skills being used not just for tracks but surroundings also.
- improved sense of speed (FM2 to FM3 saw a little improvement)
- better handling physics
- graphics improvements which should includes much improved dirt / dust / grass / debris / tyre smoke effects. (Even in GT5 these effects are not dynamic and only trial cars a certain small distance.)

FM4 will go along way to keeping Xbox360 owners happy. Then FM5 & FM6 will be out before GT6 prologue!!

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 4:21

Magictap wrote:I disagree. I to have been waiting for GT5 in the expectation I'd run out and buy a PS3. But after seeing the game play vids I have to say I won't be buying one as I'm disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved all the GT games I've played up to now, but it seems same old same old but with better graphics and night time.

Immediate things I noticed that FM3 has left me feeling should be standard.

cars attracting dirt
tyre marks on the roads
smashed lights, minor dents, scraps during rubbing light taps
reasonable tyre screeching

It looks like to inflict any damage is hard, the cars look gleaming even when driven through clouds of dust!!!!

FM4 needs public lobby control
- weather
- night / day
- track editor (imagine the kind of track editor they could come up with using the palettes / controls from the livery editor and even more exciting the communities skills being used not just for tracks but surroundings also.
- improved sense of speed (FM2 to FM3 saw a little improvement)
- better handling physics
- graphics improvements which should includes much improved dirt / dust / grass / debris / tyre smoke effects. (Even in GT5 these effects are not dynamic and only trial cars a certain small distance.)

FM4 will go along way to keeping Xbox360 owners happy. Then FM5 & FM6 will be out before GT6 prologue!!

Just to play devils advocate, Remember some cars in GT5 dont take damage, you may have seen videos of non premium cars, or video from an older build.

Also, I could care less how many games they release or how quickly they do so, I for one, would rather play a GOOD well made game, than one that is simply a facelifted version of its predecessor
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 5:23