Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

Where is my avatar?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where is my avatar?

Post by VVV Slim on Sat 28 May 2011 - 19:10

I changed it as requested to something that is not offensive to anyone and is certainly perfectly fine, and you delete it?

Put it back or just plain remove me from here.

VVV Slim

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is my avatar?

Post by narboza22 on Sat 28 May 2011 - 20:10

What was offensive about your avatar?

narboza22

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by culchi on Sat 28 May 2011 - 20:15

I will say this nice and simple. Your avatar broke no law but cannot be considered to be fine. Since you changed to that pic after being requested to change from your previous one your privelege to use an avatar has been removed. I removed it and I will put it back when you chose a decent avatar you can pm the link to the avatar to me.

You are not the only member that has been requested to change their avatar and I'm sure more will be removed in the near future. Please remember this is a family rated forum.

TORA Chairman

culchi

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV Slim on Sat 28 May 2011 - 21:00

Shane wrote:I will say this nice and simple. Your avatar broke no law

Then I don't see a problem, It was a guy holding a poppy banner and I was supporting my forces, don't like it? Then do one. I find it quite offensive that you removed it and want it put back.

VVV Slim

Back to top Go down

Post by sbiggs on Sat 28 May 2011 - 21:10

The image that you had displayed was something different to just supporting the forces. It was an image of particular political unrest and caused alot of controversy from both sides. I'll never say it didn't bother me what some members of the UK public on 11th November, yes it was something that seriously hurt myself, my family and many people I know, but the particular group of people that is mentioned at the bottom of the poster is the main reason why we removed it. Political views are extremely personal and should be kept to themselves as it is one of possibly the most controversial subject types that could be brought up and cause many people to become upset.

It was removed it for the reason that either you didn't realise that it was an image of some offence, or you did know and deserve not to have the privilege of representing yourself by a small image.

twitch.tv/sbiggstv

sbiggs

TORA Race Number : HD
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7474
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/sbiggstv

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso on Sat 28 May 2011 - 21:15

simonbiggs wrote:The image that you had displayed was something different to just supporting the forces. It was an image of particular political unrest and caused alot of controversy from both sides. I'll never say it didn't bother me what some members of the UK public on 11th November, yes it was something that seriously hurt myself, my family and many people I know, but the particular group of people that is mentioned at the bottom of the poster is the main reason why we removed it. Political views are extremely personal and should be kept to themselves as it is one of possibly the most controversial subject types that could be brought up and cause many people to become upset.

It was removed it for the reason that either you didn't realise that it was an image of some offence, or you did know and deserve not to have the privilege of representing yourself by a small image.

HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 5694
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV Slim on Sat 28 May 2011 - 21:15

The only people I see that would be offended by the Image is extremists. I didn't think it would offend anyone here and if people have a problem with my views then I'm moving on to somewhere that doesn't.

Peace out.

VVV Slim

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Sat 28 May 2011 - 21:29

Slim while you may not be offended by many things, as might a good deal of the community here, we have to accomodate and account for EVERYBODY.
There are members who are younger and there are members for whom certain subjects may be upsetting or offensive.

I would personally find it disappointing if you were to move elsewhere simply because we are trying to accommodate and account for everybodys tastes and sensitivities. I do not personally see why you cannot have a team avatar or something of a similar idea.

Matt
jenson09

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 13719
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV Slim on Sun 29 May 2011 - 14:59

It's been coming for a long time, not only this but alot of other reasons too.

Please delete me, ban me or what ever pleases you.

VVV Slim

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr on Sun 29 May 2011 - 15:03

I am sure we can do it all for you no problem at all.

Thanks and good-bye .

Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2321
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:53

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top