TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
England Riots EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
England Riots EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
England Riots EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
England Riots EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
England Riots EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
England Riots EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
England Riots EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
England Riots EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
England Riots EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

England Riots

+8
ATR DAN
CQR Rogue
narboza22
HCR generaltso
Richy59
Ianmr
johnnyboy360
nickyf1
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

England Riots Empty England Riots

Post by nickyf1 Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 21:40

We never seem to discuss the news on here.

I know there is a lot of you guys on here living in affected areas, so keep safe guys, I really hope this blows over soon. Sad
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

England Riots Empty Re: England Riots

Post by johnnyboy360 Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 21:42

Well, in New Addington where I am, theres about 400 residents waiting for the rioters with a load of police!

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 21:46

I have been sitting watching sky news....

I hope they get whats coming to them to be honest......they are all a waste of oxygen.
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 21:47

Look out for New Addington. Apparently there might be some news crews up there.
I sat there watching Revees furniture burn down. I have known that place for ages and was devastated when I see that.

Last edited by johnnyboy360 on Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 21:49; edited 1 time in total

johnnyboy360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 21:49

I really doubt much will happen north of the border here..

nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 21:56

There was a bin outside of Tesco on fire today in Falkirk. Might have just been coincidence though...
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 21:59

it'll simmer down.

HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 22:39

Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 22:41

That made me sick.

johnnyboy360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 22:53

Richy wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065

It's pathetic.

lol wtf did that guy even steal? looks like a CD case to me.

HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 22:55

Give people any excuse to be complete scum and they will be.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 22:56

Two people have been nicked for posting on Facebook up here.

Thats the only news regarding the riots for Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-14461393
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 0:17

lol, every time I see the word "youths" I read it in Jeremy Clarkson's voice because he is the only person I've ever heard call kids that aloud. My American is showing, sorry lol.
narboza22
narboza22

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 0:19

Here in Glasgow, i've seen people being mindlessly attacked, i've seen cars being burned, i've seen kids fighting with knives, bottles and ''spikes'' (screw drivers, pointy things) on the streets. I even talked to two first year boys (English Year Eight I believe) who had knives on them who were bunking off school after me and some mates were kicked out on our last day of school. They told me, they feel like they have to carry weapons around, because everyone else does were they live, they told me that they often fought with rival gangs, they get drunk before a fight and get a ''buzz'' out of it.

That is our reality. Our society continues to produce ''youths'', generation after generation, who just can't see beyond the stupidity of what goes on around them. They don't see themselves as particularly clever or special. Because of this they get stuck into a rut, they don't give a crap about anything, they don't attend school, they drink from a very young age. All they care about is material products and alcohol. A complete waste.

So, what is to blame? Is it the person themself? Or is it society?

Our country is constantly answering to the banks. Fractional reserve banking means that the Government is constantly swimming against the current, it needs to pay back its debt with non-existant money, as each pound that is printed comes with debt, and each pound that is printed is worth less than the last. So the Government cuts, cuts, cuts. Many lose jobs, our once world leading industries decline, which leads to poverty, urban decay, hardship to the people. The Government brings foreign workers from some poorer parts of Europe, these people work for much much less than a British worker, so its good for the economy. The foreign workers are stuffed into the slum housing. All the time, the people suffer, they become poorer and poorer, with less hope, this attitude carries on down the generations..
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 9:54

The kids in Manchester Birmingham Liverpool are mindless thugs.....no respect for law or authroity we have become to soft in this country these kids need some respect for authority.

Time to send the human rights laws up in flames and fix these mindless thugs with a prison sentence - mine clearance in afghanstian -

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 11:30

Problem you have as well Duncan is that their parents probably don't give a s**** about their children. So of course, they're gonna start mixing with the wrong crowd and their parents won't show them what respect and authority are. I say point the finger at the parents!

Its a good job I don't live in Wolverhampton anymore seeing as it's spread through the Midlands.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 11:57

Well, nothing much has happened in Leeds except rumours & that. Apparently Primark got looted, but Harvey Nicholls is just around the corner. Why they would leave that for Primark I don't know. Although there has been a disturbance in the Chapeltown district of Leeds (I don't live there) 2 shootings in a week. Most annoying thing is the Police sent in Dogs & the dog bit a trouble maker & now the Police are in trouble at Court! Ridiculous isn't it!
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 13:23

Just gonna expand on what Dan said. Surely the parents must see their kids come home with a bag full of jeans, trainers, shirts, whatever and a 42 inch plasma in their hand and say "Oh you got a lot of stuff their, how did you get all that lot." But I think that the parents are being too mamby pamby and scared to grass up their kids or being threatened by their kids. But now... WATER CANNON AND PLASTIC BULLETS!!! HELL YEAH!! And communities are jumping in now!

Around 800 arrests. About 150 charged. Stonger tactics. 16,000 police. Water Cannon. Plastic Bullets.
WE ARE WINNING THE FIGHT!!!

johnnyboy360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 15:02

Three men killed in Birmingham while they were protecting their property.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 19:39

nickyf1 wrote:Three men killed in Birmingham while they were protecting their property.

that's a typical headline.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 20:01

How did this all start?
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 20:25

A man was shot dead by Police in North London I believe. There were peaceful protests which turned into a bit of a riot. Now many have taken this opportunity to cause mass chaos, burn down buildings, cars and loot shops. Targets include small businesses and large high street shops.

The trouble has been going on since Monday and has since spread to other parts of England, with the rest of the UK on standby. Groups of Scottish officers have been sent down to England to assist the English Constabularies.

Live coverage here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 21:07

That's what I had heard, it's sad that the riots are going to be the bigger story now. People have every right to be upset and attack the government but to take it out on the streets against each other with no direction is not going to do anything other than get you shot at as well.
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 2:07

A man was shot dead by police. This was originally why it started but now it is just used as an excuse. The real reason is mixed, some say its "The poor ones taking it out on the rich ones or ones who can afford it," Some say "It's because the police give silly charges for silly offences."

My village of New Addington must be one of the safest villages out there. We had at least 3 fully armoured vans, at least 5 less armoured but still strong vans, and at least 20 normal police vans. I would post the video but it is only from Facebook and not sure if you would be able to see it. But here is a screenshot with only a couple vans moving through. Sorry about the quality but it was taken as a screenshot from my iPod which was from a not so good video camera but you can see the best part of it.
England Riots 28185410

I think it has mainly calmed down a bit now. But police are still preparing for anything.
This was recorded in Manchester and shows what tactics police are using. They are doing a great job but are being investigated because of too much force. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!!

That is not violent. That is FANTASTIC!!

johnnyboy360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 20:35

http://reason.com/blog/2011/08/11/theres-a-hashtag-goin-on

When social disorder rears its head, the political class usually offers two responses: more policing and more welfare. (These tend to be presented as radically opposed social visions, though you can easily read "more policing" as "the sort of welfare administered by a prison" and "more welfare" as "the sort of policing performed by a social worker.") In his statement to the House of Commons on the riots that have swept his country, U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron has proposed a policy from the police-state side of the spectrum:

"Mr Speaker, everyone watching these horrific actions will be stuck by how they were organised via social media.

Free flow of information can be used for good. But it can also be used for ill.

And when people are using social media for violence we need to stop them.

So we are working with the Police, the intelligence services and industry to look at whether it would be right to stop people communicating via these websites and services when we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality."

And how exactly would the authorities "stop" the people they "know" are using social media "for ill" without restricting or surveilling the users acting "for good"? Answer: They can't. This would be an attack on the speech and privacy of everyone in the United Kingdom, not just the people who burn buildings and rob shops.

It is certainly true that the rioters have used social media to organize themselves. The difference between their free-flowing communications and the cops' much more centralized system makes it clear just how dramatically a hierarchy can be outperformed by a network. But it takes an especially stunted mindset to see that contrast and conclude that everyone needs to be herded into a hierarchy. Maybe, just maybe, a decentralized problem demands a decentralized response.

We've already seen several spontaneous examples of such a response. Ordinary people organized community cleanups quickly and efficiently using the same networks employed by the rioters. Civilians also used social media for self-defense—and I don't just mean the neighbors who banded together to protect their communities while Cameron's cops were being so ineffective. How many people looked at those rapidly updated maps of riot activity and changed their movements accordingly? Wouldn't it make more sense to build on such successes than to lock up the tools that made them possible?

If social media made it easier to riot, they also made it easier to survive the riots, and they did so at a time when the institutions that were supposed to ensure survival were in disarray. It's no surprise that people like Cameron would respond to the failure of centralized authority by calling for yet more centralization of authority. But if his suggestion becomes a concrete proposal, I hope the rest of Britain won't let itself be stampeded into saying yes.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next