TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

Anyone with any 3D modeling skills?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? Empty Anyone with any 3D modeling skills?

Post by LMR DarthMario Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 0:05

i've been toying with this idea to design a track, but have no 3d modeling software or skills (even just free-hand drawing for that matter). Is anyone in the TORA community capable to turn this pic Here into something that looks like it's real?

i get ideas in my head during work, and just have to draw them out otherwise i lose them. this drawing i made actually started out with some 18ga wire i had on my workstation, bent in a way similar to the picture i scanned above, but the picture above is an evolved version of the wire-"model" (originally, the part of the track exiting from underneath the 'upward spiral' to turn 1 was much shorter, and was only two hairpin corners, and the front straight was much closer to that loop/spiral). Some inspiration for this drawing came from a couple different places. 1, being the schicane section @ Silverstone, 2nd was the upward spiral, from one of the tracks on GT5, and the pit road exit going underneath the racing part of the track like the abu dhabi track

Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? 4CehZCuAnyone with any 3D modeling skills? 1Im0ehJAnyone with any 3D modeling skills? AZBlrjnAnyone with any 3D modeling skills? SSaUnAU
Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? KlHMZuJAnyone with any 3D modeling skills? 1vuHXh0Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? FoUH4rWAnyone with any 3D modeling skills? N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? Empty Re: Anyone with any 3D modeling skills?

Post by nickyf1 Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 0:31

I have some decent cad skills, but I'm totally swamped at the moment with work Sad

I always like to see people getting into track designing for fun, and I'd recommend that you post it here: http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

The My Tracks forum on Ten-Tenths is a place I used to spend a lot of time, and there are a few people who can create tracks on SketchUp, and I'm sure they'd be glad to give it a go!

nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? Empty Re: Anyone with any 3D modeling skills?

Post by CQR Aero Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 8:40

Try this tool for rfactor - it's real easy to use.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/

Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? W9Zxp6dAnyone with any 3D modeling skills? AcRCGdgAnyone with any 3D modeling skills? MNafhU3Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? Wz5UuVmAnyone with any 3D modeling skills? KUxkD1yAnyone with any 3D modeling skills? W1XKgn0Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? VSaZmbSAnyone with any 3D modeling skills? WgsuLHS

Anyone with any 3D modeling skills? Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum