TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry

Go down

Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry Empty Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry

Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry HailfireRacingHeader
June 19, 2012

TOYOTA. HAS. ARRIVED.

Following an impressive-yet-disappointing debut at the 2012 ACO 24 Heures du Mans, Toyota Racing Development, the Toyota Hybrid Racing department, as well as the team's operator Team Oreca, have decided to place some of the salvaged-and-spare parts into the venerable Lola B11/80 chassis and run under the Team Oreca-Hailfire banner for the 2012 TORA 24 Heures du Mans.

The Toyota-Hybrid Lola B11/80 is set to debut to the general public, after only minimal testing, at the next General Practice session held by TheOnlineRacingAssociation. The car is set to run Hailfire Racing's #9, and will be piloted by FormulaForza drivers similarly to the "sister" car, the SRT-Two.

Oreca Racing GM Hugues de Chaunac, again with the assistance of a translator, was said that "While we did not have the successes last weekend that both Toyota and Oreca have come to expect, it is great to see that the technology will get a second chance in the TORA 24. I am glad to further extend our partnership with Hailfire Racing, and we look forward to the future that our four-car effort will bring."

When asked about the details surrounding the injuries of Anthony Davidson, the pilot of the #8 Toyota that backflipped after contact with a Ferrari on Saturday, de Chaunac could only echo the announcements already given, saying that Davidson has "felt better" and that he is "happy to be alive." A sticker wishing Davidson a rapid recovery has been placed on the #9 Toyota for the extent of the event.

Hailfire Racing GM Travis Johannes talked to the media about the two GTE teams' current situation. "I am as surprised as you guys. This was originally planned to be a one-car GTE effort fielded simply by Hailfire Racing. Now it's got 2 full LMP1 cars from Oreca, while our two Vipers both have vacancies in the driver lineup. With Chasen pulling out of the 92 and the 9 or 10 drivers I contacted about the 93 all having prior engagements that weekend, we're up a certain kind of creek, and paddles are nowhere to be found. The Vipers are quick--that's not the problem. It's just that all of the established drivers are already snatched up by the other teams, and it's up to me to give someone without as much experience the shot of their TORA career."

Official driver lineup for the #9 Toyota-Hybrid Lola B11/80 are to be released shortly. Team Oreca-Hailfire is currently taking applications for GTE pilots to drive their Vipers. Send any inquiries to Hailfire97x via TORA or Xbox Live.

-T. Johannes, Hailfire Racing Captain -- June 19, 2012

Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry HailfireRacingatTORA
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Team Oreca-Hailfire Releases Details About Fourth Entry :: Comments

theboomeranga

Post Wed 20 Jun 2012 - 5:17 by theboomeranga

i better watch out now entering Mulsanne Wink running in the 458 just got interesting hahaha, great paints guys

Back to top Go down

Richy59

Post Wed 20 Jun 2012 - 6:56 by Richy59

That's awesome, but also really annoying! I was gonna make that for ISCC America Razz

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 19:30 by XPR Roadrunner

GRT 458Italia wrote:i better watch out now entering Mulsanne Wink running in the 458 just got interesting hahaha, great paints guys

after BG Hainsey flipped the charity car in qualy, im just gonna be on the look out for him Razz

Back to top Go down

Beanz

Post Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 19:47 by Beanz

mopar4t4 wrote:
GRT 458Italia wrote:i better watch out now entering Mulsanne Wink running in the 458 just got interesting hahaha, great paints guys

after BG Hainsey flipped the charity car in qualy, im just gonna be on the look out for him Razz

I'm afraid it's the M4 that he flipped in Qually, sadly. Fingers crossed he manages not to in the race!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down