Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

I'm Going On Hiatus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm Going On Hiatus

Post by silentalarm42 on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 16:27

I've decided that I'm going take a break from racing for the foreseeable future. I've lost my motivation and I don't want to commit to the amount of time it takes to be competitive. I've tried to keep going by joining two good teams for ISCC and GT but I just haven't got it in me to continue. I also feel as though I'm not racing for anything any more. I don't know if it was 'Bad Second Season Syndrome' but I think then the bar raised considerably and went too high and too serious for me. Long gone are the days when I first joined where you could turn up on race night and have a close fight and if things turned your way you had good shout at a win, no need to do lots if any testing. Now I'd need to hours, perhaps days of testing to get to a level I'd be happy at. And I'm not prepared to do that. This isn't to have a go at anyone but if the heat is too much, get out of the kitchen and that's exactly what I'm doing. I'll be back when I feel I'm good enough.

Ruairidh

silentalarm42

TORA Race Number : 42
Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm Going On Hiatus

Post by DeweyTee on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 16:41

You aren't the only one that feels that way, I did some testing/tuning for the last TASCAR race and ran a best of 2.15:xxx. Looked at quali results and they were running 2.08s. For cars that can't have gearing or aero changes I cannot figure out in my old brain how they can be that much faster. 7 seconds a lap times 31 laps= why bother. I really enjoy racing but that doesn't seem like much of a race.

DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 16:42

Sad to hear this, but have fun in whatever you do.

Your reasons to quit are my reasons for avoiding GT/ISCC in the first place. Touring Cars and stuff like Clubman Cup are where the fun is. For me that fun fades away when you race in R Classes that aren't Enduros, Stock Cars or Aussie V8s.

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/
1st 2012 MMTCC Sedan Championship 2016 VTCC TC250 US Championship

Flyin Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 11228
Registration date : 2012-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 17:14

Sad to see you taking a break Ruairidh. I enjoyed the racing we had against each other in last season's TASCAR. Hope you return soon.

@DeweyTee, if you'd like to try it out, I can send u my tune from Road America to see what you can do. And I promise you, my tune has no gearing or downforce tweeks to make it illegal. A default tune, I can manage at least a 2:10 or better

LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-04-29

https://www.facebook.com/DarthMariosAnimeOutlet/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 17:34

Rollin InAn STi wrote:Sad to see you taking a break Ruairidh. I enjoyed the racing we had against each other in last season's TASCAR. Hope you return soon.

@DeweyTee, if you'd like to try it out, I can send u my tune from Road America to see what you can do. And I promise you, my tune has no gearing or downforce tweeks to make it illegal. A default tune, I can manage at least a 2:10 or better
I would never insinuate you or anyone up front was cheating Rollin'. Being one of the leaders I know you wouldn't do anything illegal. I don't have "lightning" reflexes anymore and I certainly do not "read" the track to find the perfect braking spot or see how much I can cut a corner and stay legal. I race for the fun of it and try to stay on the track with the exception of when I screw up or get booted.
Please do send the tune, I would like to try it.
My problems with my connection last race that caused the ridiculous lag didn't help my attitude any. I hadn't even ran 1 lap when I came around a corner and slammed into a car that was upside down across the track; then it disappeared!

DeweyTee

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 17:40

That's odd Dewey, as I don't recall you ever having major lag issues in NATCC.

Flyin Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 17:41

Never have had lag that bad until that race. Don't know why...

DeweyTee

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by FranchittiFan on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 22:05

Hope you enjoy your break mate

FranchittiFan

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9008
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 22:39

It's been a pleasure to have you as a team mate in the touring cars last year and I wish you well mate. Hopefully, you will be back if the enthusiasm returns once again and we'll see you on the virtual track again someday.

TORA Staff Team:

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/g1-staff

ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4871
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 23:18

Sad to see you leaving us for however long it may be Smile Think i'm not too far behind you i've kind of lost interest in online racing as well!

lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 5:04

Silent Alarm, as a final chance to just have some fun, I'd suggest trying out the XBR 12 H of Nurburgring. Grab a production car and have some fun again. lfc nick, you're welcome too, but I'd prefer you to race GT Laughing

And one more thing, SA, you never did put up the final results and standings for the Clio Cup. Ain't allowed to leave with unfinished business Cool

Flyin Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by silentalarm42 on Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 14:50

Thanks but no, I'm not going to race just now. I'll might try and do a few one-off events and some mini series races at the end of year but for now I'm not interested.

And I never finalised the results because the points system I came up with didn't work. It was the first championship I had organised so there were a lot of things I didn't know how to do properly and the points were one of them. The way the points were set up meant no matter how many races you won, if you had one DNF you couldn't win the championship if someone else had turned up to all the races. I also didn't want to change it mid-season because then it would look like I was favouring one driver over another which was why I didn't do much with the points after mid-season. It was a complete omni-shambles and I'm sorry but I now know for next time.

silentalarm42

TORA Race Number : 42
Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno on Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 15:47

lfcnicklfc wrote:Sad to see you leaving us for however long it may be Smile Think i'm not too far behind you i've kind of lost interest in online racing as well!
Shocked

Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:24

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top