TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Serious note to competitors of the GT series EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
Serious note to competitors of the GT series EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Serious note to competitors of the GT series EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Serious note to competitors of the GT series EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Serious note to competitors of the GT series EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Serious note to competitors of the GT series EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Serious note to competitors of the GT series EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Serious note to competitors of the GT series EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Serious note to competitors of the GT series EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

Serious note to competitors of the GT series

Go down

Serious note to competitors of the GT series Empty Serious note to competitors of the GT series

Post by Biggsy tv Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 13:04

This is an official statement in regards to PI and race craft.

Having been part of the GT races in lobby A last night, and reviewed the replay from race 2 I can say that nearly the whole lobby at some point made some minor fault. Everyone, even myself.

Fact is that the racing is super close, and therefore if an accident were to happen, cars behind more than likely will get involved in it. The replay showed people attempting to overtake on the inside when there is literally a cars width space on the inside coming into turn 1, I saw people cutting turn 1 to get an undercut on said move, I saw people overtaking half on the grass after turn 4 coming up to turn 5, making it three wide and I saw people making moves between turns 10 and 11 and being legitimately alongside on the right only to be practically ran off the road on the inside causing the car to oversteer and see cars behind pile in.

The safety car was a mess too, where someone (not intentionally to cause issue?) ease off the throttle at a key point to see an accordion like effect with the rest of the field. Further down the field, I'm not in the mind of certain people but if I was them, I too might've been looking in my mirrors at a key point when the two cars behind had fallen out of single file and were looking into spaces on both sides ready to pounce.

The whole event came down to overly close racing, and people losing control and being in the way of people behind, spacial awareness, not looking in the right direction at key moments, reactions etc.. I would not have said a single person had any particular worse driving than anyone else, and almost EVERYONE could seem as being overly aggressive, or made a mistake at some point, the consequences afterwards depended on the overall position of the situation.

If there are any specific incidents that competitors feel that there is an offending driver, and needs a penalty, we have a stewards panel who look into these things, and review things properly, hence why results sometimes take a while. These decisions are just thrown out with any result, they are scrutinised heavily and gives everyone involved a fair chance to put their point in.

If you wish to retire or drop out of this, that or the other then so be it, but I feel there are other ways in which this situation can be taken. I will look into the issues, and if needed will add much more strict rules regarding any problems to try and prevent these happening again in future.

Second point is alot of people have been asking for PI upgrades for their cars. I can confirm I have had requests for PI upgrades on both BMWs, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ford, Dodge, Corvette and McLaren (again), and even the Jag, Mercedes and Ferrari. Surprisingly had no requests for the Aston recently Hilarious Some requests have been regarding adding specific parts to their cars, when they can already have those parts by creating a different build.

To confirm, there will be no PI changes this season. Each car has its strong and weak points, these being more obvious at particular tracks than others. A mini series was held before the season (including all but the Vette and Macca), hours was spent collating and analysing data from the qualifying and race session and the result are the PIs I have set in place, and as timing shows, the field are scarily close, sometimes too close.

If you have any issues with any of the above please message me directly on the forums. This week I will try making myself specifically more available for any issues or questions and I will answer as soon as I possibly can.

Many Thanks

Simon

Last edited by CMGraphix on Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 15:02; edited 1 time in total

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Serious note to competitors of the GT series Empty Re: Serious note to competitors of the GT series

Post by Biggsy tv Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 17:25

As announced on the latest podcast, after long discussions regarding the competitors not following safety car calling rules and confusion to restart processes, its my decision that for the remainder of the series will have no more safety cars.

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down