TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update

Go down

Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update Empty Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update

Both Aston Martin Racing teams kicked off their pre-season testing in earnest last week with the season opener at Sunset Peninsula the focal point for set up and development work.
With three cars from Beechdean Motorsport involved in testing at Sunset for the opening round, a fourth was sent to Maple Valley in the hands of Chris Ford to gather data for twistier circuits expected in the later stages of the season.

Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update Forza115-1_zpsd66e3640

Cyber Racing sent Chris Siddall for the more public test on 30th December along with the two cars from Beechdean which had remained at the track following another test session earlier in the week. That event had seen Matt Hunter's first time in the car in its Enduro set up and he initially struggled to get used to the different tyres demanded by the series. A crash on the infield section for Hunter put pay to his session, however Ian Maughan and Chad Wilson were able to rack up the miles for the team and collect valuable test data.

Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update Forza112-2_zpsfafac2bf

The second test saw the team return with new set ups and some different parts on the DBR9s in order to close the gap to the BMWs. This proved to be a far more successful event with three Astons leading the way for much of the session. With the team's focus being largely on race pace, there was plenty to smile about in the British camps even when the Schubert BMWs topped the times later in the session.
The only blot on the copy book this time out was a rare technical issue for Maughan's DBR9 which ended his session early. The remaining cars ran without fault and both drivers felt more confident heading into the opening round of the TORA GT World Championship on January 20th.

Matt Hunter: " The car feels much better than the opening test. The team has made so much progress in a short time. The new parts and set up work has improved it no end and I have a lot more confidence in the car and I do feel like I can chuck it into corners with more confidence. I'm itching to get the season underway and see how we stack up against the other works teams in particular."
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update Forza114-1_zps485862de

Meanwhile, the Canadian Maple Valley circuit played host to the single car of Chris Ford. The Beechdean driver concentrated on Sprint series set up, using the team's favoured Avon tyres and less restricted power settings. Ford finished the day strongly saying the car felt 'solid' and he couldn't wait to get underway.
Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update TDNy6h

Beechdean Motorsport and Cyber Racing start racing in the TORA MSA GT World Championship at the opening round from Sunset Peninsula, Florida 20th January 2013.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Aston Martin Racing - Testing Update :: Comments

F4H Lotterer

Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 13:47 by F4H Lotterer

looking great matt but just out of curiosity were is earnest id like to test there aswell Smile

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 14:09 by Matt

You wouldn't like him mate Wink

Back to top Go down

Morne in Glory

Post Thu 24 Jan 2013 - 15:34 by Morne in Glory

cracking stuff Matt....I've got a feeling its going to be a good season for Aston Martin Racing

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Thu 24 Jan 2013 - 17:58 by XPR Roadrunner

Matt, technically the MVC comes up as "American" :s

Makes no sense, I know. It's an honourary Canadian Circuit in my mind

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down