Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

Ambitious but Rubbish Racing arrive at Tora

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ambitious but Rubbish Racing arrive at Tora

Post by LastNewtStandin on Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:54

Ambitious but Rubbish Racing present the CanofGas.co.uk ABR Racing Mercedes SLS and entry into season 10 of the prestigious TORA GT World Championship.

ABR Racing are stepping up to the big leagues after 3yrs competing in a rich variety of championships hosted by ForzaMotorsport.co.uk and most recently winning the European Touring Car Constructors Championship in its 3rd season.

Time has come to challenge ourselves racing way outside our comfort zone in machines that have regularly tried to kill our drivers in testing.
With the prize earnings and some serious backing from our title sponsor we have been able to fund one car for the Tora gt with the aim of increasing that as the season draws near.
Our goal for this season is to bolster Ambitious but Rubbish Racing's profile at tora as a good bunch of guys that get involved in all aspects of the community and to progress Newts virtual career in the hope of finding him some valuable driving time in the upcoming TORA Endurance Championship.
Despite ABR having some top drawer drivers in its lineup the likes of Shafter, Lee and HandheldBee are yet to be enticed over leaving me to mix it in the fast stuff citing reasons like no DLC.
We hope to see them in the TCC where ABR Racing hope the familiar territory will help their true strengths show.
Secretly i think they just cant handle the Powahh

Please feel free to visit our sponsors website and enjoy much art and steel fabrications and installations as two friends explore this fusion of art and virtual racing from the perspective of both spectator as well as driver both looking for a little fun outside of the real world. Although not a racer Adam has been inspired to get involved by TORAs presentation and delivery and has a great little idea up his sleeve. Were hoping an extra prize could be making its way to the winner of the TORA GT World Championship, More news when we get it Wink

Drivers interested in competing in the Tora GT championships hopefully with some tuning ability and a willingness to put time into practice are welcome to inquire as we would love to upgrade CanofGas racing to a full team despite little experience setting up and running full spec race cars. I have some good builds and advice from very helpful community members so were not going in blind.

Thanks for reading and here's to 2013 being a championship and a year to remember Smile

Last edited by LastNewtStandin on Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 1:57; edited 1 time in total

LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Ambitious but Rubbish Racing arrive at Tora

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 21:59

Good luck Newton! Nice write up.

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/
1st 2012 MMTCC Sedan Championship 2016 VTCC TC250 US Championship

Flyin Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin on Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 2:31

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Good luck Newton! Nice write up.

Thanks Mikey, Although I just had a ton of spelling errors to fix. I also resized the pics as they were huge along with these from the media thread

Testings going ok for GT so I may be able to sign up for miatas if you want a rookie running riot Smile

LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:52

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top