TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

TORA

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TORA

Post by Amarth on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 13:38

Well this was posted on another race site, thought i would quote it.

"I know some of you guys who race here regularly also race in TORA's series too but do they have their own Forza car club too?
I only ask as i ventured into a random B class lobby for the 1st time in a while last night for a few races & lo & behold it seems crash teams are still
wrecking peoples fun online.
2 guys, one in a Merc SUV the other in the Hummer doing the usual nonsense - Demo Marksman & MYLES PR0WER both with the club monicker of [TORA]...also checked their sf's & it does seem they have cars in there for the TORA series with official plates fitted.
Just wondering if anyone knew them...or if they were aware that they were about to lose their ability to race online for a couple of weeks?"

Not cool guys, way to represent TORA scratch

Amarth

TORA Race Number : 405
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA

Post by AMR Garage on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 13:45

Yes, agreed. If you wear the TORA shirt, you set an example.

Your Part-Time TORA Radio Show............................Anchor (But you already knew that!) #TRS

I was here, but I'm not, should be, but other things are in the way right now..

AMR Garage

Playstation 4 PC

Number of posts : 3786
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 13:46

Agree Amarth,

Demo Marksman & MYLES PR0WER please explain your actions.

Might as well shut TORA club up to non staff members

Amarth which site want to get them too public apologise, not cool

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting

CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15744
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 13:49

There is a TORA car club.

IMO the Public Lobbies are way too out of line, and so are a way to let your hair down anyway Razz Some people might make a nuisance, but that makes it fun for me as it sets me a 'target' to take out, avoid, or seek revenge Twisted Evil And then vote to kick afterwards

But obviously if you have the four magic letters next to your tag then you could at least show some respect. T10 are (or at least were) taking action on reported "crash teams", so if you still want to be able to race online at TORA then you have to still behave off-duty Cool

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7203
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 13:50

I'm disappointed. You know, I have never really considered this would happen as I don't race in public lobbies so never gave it any thought. Not that I have anythign against people in the club from racing in public lobbies, but it shows we still need to behave where required.

Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13786
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 13:52

cant get the xbox today but will be looking at the car club was really for tora staff and test teams but now that's all done in house.

Very disappointed, infact its given TORA a bad reputation when we want to improve driving standards not happy 1 bit

CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarth on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 13:58

I took it from virtual motorsports, a regular racer posted it.

TORA is a great race site, I've not been here for long but already love racing here, stuff like this needs hitting on the head before it stops people coming here.

Amarth

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 13:59

Agree ^^

Cheers dude for bringing to our attention

CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 14:00

I'll have a look through the club garage today.

Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13786
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 14:00

kick them from the club job done.

F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6322
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 14:00

Cheers Richy

CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by FranchittiFan on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 14:53

The one thing I always think before racing in public lobbies, is that I'm representing TORA as a racer and a Marshall / Steward. And now I have the pressure of representing a huge club on Forza in CQR.

Id ask them to explain their actions if its not good kick them from the club.

Id also get this moved into a staff section.

FranchittiFan

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 8961
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 15:43

CQR Franchitti wrote:
Id ask them to explain their actions if its not good kick them from the club.

Id also get this moved into a staff section.

I thought the TORA club was for staff/testers only.

And yes, keep it internal. As much as we'd like to condemn them for misrepresenting TORA publically, it's not proper.

XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 16:01

I have to disagree,

Handling things "behind closed doors", serves little purpose as the the more transparent a process is then the stronger the message of response to whats acceptable conduct wise is given clearly to all.

Regardless of club, home site or wherever you come from, we are all part of the same community on a bigger scale.

Also, the fact that these guys have not posted yet as to why they were in "crash em " mode also would make me say keep it open. They very well may have reason and motivation for their actions and if the public platform is removed before they have a chance to have their say, then its likely their reputation might be unfairly tarred, as other members of the community would be left in the dark with incomplete reason and information and slate them unfairly as a result.

I would have said yes to the private bit if the first post had been sent to the TORA team leader,,but we cant change events now........

However, this is just my POV,,if the staff feel its the right thing to do to move this to a private area, it be their choice.

G Neutral

HCR Karma

TORA Race Number : 530
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Bandit on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 16:21

Gregbie wrote:I have to disagree,

Handling things "behind closed doors", serves little purpose as the the more transparent a process is then the stronger the message of response to whats acceptable conduct wise is given clearly to all.

Regardless of club, home site or wherever you come from, we are all part of the same community on a bigger scale.

Also, the fact that these guys have not posted yet as to why they were in "crash em " mode also would make me say keep it open. They very well may have reason and motivation for their actions and if the public platform is removed before they have a chance to have their say, then its likely their reputation might be unfairly tarred, as other members of the community would be left in the dark with incomplete reason and information and slate them unfairly as a result.

I would have said yes to the private bit if the first post had been sent to the TORA team leader,,but we cant change events now........

However, this is just my POV,,if the staff feel its the right thing to do to move this to a private area, it be their choice.

G Neutral

It will be quite hard for them to explain why they were ramming everyone in a Mercedes SUV in B lobby. When someone is in either a truck/SUV or a car that does not reach the maximum PI of the current lobby, then they most likely are up to no good.

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."

LMR Bandit

TORA Race Number : 205
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3846
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KaneGR4 on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 16:38

I can't believe this. So they were messing around in a public lobby, so what? You can't expect people to race with proper race craft ALL the time just because they're part of an organised racing league.

Let them play the game how they want. The reason people join leagues is to get away from public lobby nonsense. To actually punish them/force them to apologise for doing something 'outside TORA circumstances' is ridiculous.

I sometimes mess around in public lobbies for the laugh of it. Maybe I should leave the car club to not stain TORA's reputation.

KaneGR4

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarth on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 16:48

Kilroy8 wrote:I can't believe this. So they were messing around in a public lobby, so what? You can't expect people to race with proper race craft ALL the time just because they're part of an organised racing league.

Let them play the game how they want. The reason people join leagues is to get away from public lobby nonsense. To actually punish them/force them to apologise for doing something 'outside TORA circumstances' is ridiculous.

I sometimes mess around in public lobbies for the laugh of it. Maybe I should leave the car club to not stain TORA's reputation.

Are you serious? Can't believe your actually defending someone that gets out a hummer just to knock people all over the place and wreck them. If they want to piss about they should do it in a private lobby, not at the expense of others, especially while representing a race site.

And that's not an opinion is common courtesy.

Amarth

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Bandit on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 16:51

And to add on from Amarth, they could always go to a tag or cat and mouse lobby if they want to wreck people in a public lobby. Wrecking in a racing lobby is just a disgrace.

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."

LMR Bandit

TORA Race Number : 205
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3846
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR Garage on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 16:51

So to remind people, this is to kick people from the Forza Club known as [TORA] not banning them from TORA altogether? Right?

Just to make sure nobody is pulling this out of all proportions....

...that and the two suspects still havent had a chance to explain anything. Trial by twitter much?

Last edited by AMR Garage on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 16:54; edited 1 time in total

Your Part-Time TORA Radio Show............................Anchor (But you already knew that!) #TRS

I was here, but I'm not, should be, but other things are in the way right now..

AMR Garage

Playstation 4 PC

Number of posts : 3786
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 16:54

Couldn't disagree more Kilroy8!

TORA promotes good clean racing and all this does is put a black eye on their reputation.

If you want to dick around and have a demo derby in a private lobby with your friends then I say go for it but public lobbies aren't the place to do it if you are part of a well respected club or racing site.

CQR Deuce

TORA Race Number : 914
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 16:57

If you join the tora car club you then represent the tora car club and its members.

Do not be upset if this then gets you into trouble when the other members get upset with the tarnishing of the good tora name.

No one will ever tell you or anyone else what to do UNLESS you are embarassing tora in some way.

Me butcher and run wide quite often go and get to the front of races then take each other out with some of the most sever rubbing ever!!!, its fun, try it.

PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Cowboy on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 16:58

Public RACE Hoppers are there for racing.

If you want to do something other than racing then that's what the Public PLAYGROUND Hoppers are for.

Like Amarth said, it's about common courtesy to those who want to play the game in the way the public lobby is set to play.

You don't have to leave TORA to mess around but doing so in public race hoppers, especially when representing the site by being in the [TORA] club, certainly doesn't promote the site in the greatest light.

BG Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 17:16

CQR Deuce wrote:Couldn't disagree more Kilroy8!

TORA promotes good clean racing and all this does is put a black eye on their reputation.

If you want to dick around and have a demo derby in a private lobby with your friends then I say go for it but public lobbies aren't the place to do it if you are part of a well respected club or racing site.

+1 here. How many other people who have been part of the lobbies who have done nothing to deserve having their time and gaming fun wasted by people not playing in the "spirit" of the game, been turned off by seeing what members of such a well know team and yes, league site ( which is often in the press with RVM and turn 10 itself) find acceptable conduct for its members.

I have never once in my whole time enjoying Forza taken a Jeep or vehicle of any type into a public lobby with the aim of just ramming people and ruining the game. I have had ramming in lobbies where drivers have barged by me,,,i have taken revenge on individuals in races and hunted their arses down and owned then solid,,,,,but never have i set out just to be a C**K for being a C**Ks sake, and take something huge car wise in with the sole purpose of spoiling everyones race, which is all ur out to do taking those types of cars in a B class lobby.

HCR Karma

TORA Race Number : 530
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 17:34

CQR Deuce wrote:Couldn't disagree more Kilroy8!

+1

CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles on Sat 16 Mar 2013 - 17:37

I'm sorry, I've really embarrassed TORA