TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

Battlefield 4

+19
GTR Mike V
ART Carrera
MOPAR001
BG Wumba
Matt
LastNewtStandin
Beanz
CRA Project182R
TG Wormburner
Biggsy tv
Ax4x Cowboy
Pebb
Texaspotatolord
XPR Roadrunner
Ax4x Kane
CQR Aero
Standaman94
CQR Rogue
Richy59
23 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 14:03

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Mp_siege
The first couple are maps with which we are quite familiar, so little elaboration is needed.  The first is Siege of Shanghai, where the core Levolution event is the collapsing skyscraper.

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Mp_naval
The next image is Paracel Storm, in which the core Levolution is the weather changing from sunny to stormy, creating large waves that wash a destroyer onto the beach.

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Mp_prison
Next, we have a map shown to us in the This is Battlefield 4 Multiplayer trailer, Operation Locker.  To many, Operation Locker appears to be some form of underground prison, a speculation based largely on the circular structure in the middle of the map seen collapsing in the most recent trailer.  That structure is a room build in the center of circular prisons to allow guards to see all prisoners at any time.  Continuing with that speculation, this prison is situated in a mountain, and appears to have some access to the snowy areas outside.  It will be somewhat linear in terms of flag position, though it appears to have the potential for far more flanking routes than we saw in maps like Metro.  It is not yet clear if the collapsing structure will be the core Levolution event.  In this image, I see what appears to be a generator on the right side, which leads me to believe darkness will play a significant role on this map.  I also speculate the central structure of the circular section of the map will be a key location for holding the enemy’s advances, so collapsing it will be important for the team being held.  I also wonder if collapsing the structure allows light into the underground sections of the map, countering darkness brought on by disabling generators.

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Mp_journey
The next map is the second one named in the recent trailer, Golmud Railway.  It appears to be a large map set in a mountain valley reminiscent of Heavy Metal from Bad Company 2.  The trailer presented the map with a focus on the vehicular warfare, showing a number of tanks and jets possibly dropping dumb bombs.  This image shows an expansive, open space, broken up by a raised train track.  If we assume the images are meant to give a sense of the dynamics present on the map, then we are led to believe this one will involve some form of train derailing.

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Mp_damage
The next map carries the internal name “Damage” [UPDATE: The map name has been confirmed as Lancang Dam].  It appears to be the dam map leaked in some Commander Mode images that involved the infamous submarine tease.  We have also seen some of this map in Levolution videos. This is a map a small town or research park set at the base of what seems to be a dry dam.  From the glimpses seen in videos, our core Levolution on this map will likely be the destruction of the dam, unleashing destructive debris.  Along with destroying parts of the map, it may be that destroying the dam will open up access to new points of view for players or otherwise change the face of the map in a tactical way.

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Mp_flooded
“Flooded” is the internal name of the next map [UPDATE: The map name has been confirmed as Flood Zone].  This is a map also seen in Levolution videos, as well as verbally confirmed by DICE debs as an urban map on which players can destroy a levee, flooding the city.  Vehicle battles start with tanks, but switch to boats after the levee breaks, and infantry battles will take to the rooftops.

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Mp_abandoned
The next map is internally named “Abandoned” [UPDATE: The map name has been confirmed as Zavod 311].  The image shows an abandoned industrial building with missiles outside.  In the latest trailer, this was seen as the map involving a conifer forest, and speculated by some to be a tank graveyard.  Based on these thoughts and the image, I would speculate this map is set at an abandoned arms factory hidden deep in the forest.  I recall a DICE dev discussing that one Levolution event may involve players battling over arming and disarming a bomb.  If that event is central to a particular map and not the Defuse game mode, as I previously speculated, I think this is the map for that.  I believe the Levolution trailers may have also shown a falling smoke stack, which may fall on the building, changing the dynamics of any close quarters battles.

[UPDATE: DICE describes the map as: ‘Zavod 311 puts players in a Soviet tank factory that dates back to the Cold War era. Long abandoned, Mother Nature has completely taken over the facility and now overgrown trees and bushes cover the compound. Deep within the factory is an active warhead, which players can detonate to send a towering chimney crashing to the ground. Doing this opens up gameplay paths and routes previously not available while closing others, and making the use of ground vehicles extremely difficult in the area. Players will also find munitions depots filled with highly explosive materials spread across the map that they can use to their advantage.’]

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Mp_resort
The next map is referred to as “Resort” [UPDATE: The map name has been confirmed as Hainan Resort].  It appears to be a map shown very briefly in the latest trailer as a flag location named “Hotel” that had palm trees visible out the windows.  This is a very telling image involving a large smoking structure on the right.  When I first viewed this image on my phone, I thought that was a volcano. However, I have seen a lot of speculation since that it is an oil tanker on fire.  Honestly, I can see either of those things in this image, and both would provide similar Levolution: fire and smoke.  However, the oil tanker would more easily be player-initiated, as I understand Levolution to be.  This appears to be another beach map – I wonder if it will entail the US side attacking from carriers in the sea, as we saw in many BF3 maps.

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Mp_dish
Next we have “Dish” [UPDATE: The map name has been confirmed as Rogue Transmission], a map involving a large radio telescope.  The latest trailer exhibited a fair deal of game play from this map, which will involve battles both above and below the dish.  Levolution trailers have shown the suspended metal structure of the telescope falling, as well as the panels of the dish being destroyed.  There has been a bit of debate about the location of this map, as the first thought of many was the Arecibo telescope in Puerto Rico.  Images from under the dish show was appears to be tropical plants.  However, other images outside the dish show what is possible more deciduous trees, so it could possibly be the telescope being built in China.

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Mp_tremors
Last on the list is the map “Tremors” [UPDATE: The map name has been confirmed as Dawnbreaker].  As the name implies, this will likely be a map involving earthquakes as we experiences on the map Epicenter.  I really hoped they would re-use that idea and add to it with the new engine, and it appears I got my wish.  This map appears to be set in an urban area, which means earthquakes in the new engine may result in falling buildings or pieces of buildings, so I expect the landscape of this map to change throughout a match.  The image also appears to be set at night.  Patrick Bach seemed to have indicated that they tried night maps and did not find them as fun, so I expect this may just be creative license on the concept art.  It is also possible we will have a “blue” night map, like we got with BF3, or that they were trolling us so we would be happier and more surprised when we got what so many have asked for.  If it is in fact set at night, this could be really good or really bad.  An urban map at night with earthquakes certainly sounds exciting.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 21 Oct 2013 - 21:57

Battlefield 4 Jets!

Returning Jets:

FA/18 Super Hornet
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Battlefield-4-fa-18

F-35
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Battlefield-4-f-35

A-10 'Warthog'
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Battlefield-4-a-10

SU-35 Flanker
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Battlefield-4-su-35-flanker

SU-25 Frogfoot
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Battlefield-4-su-25

AC-130 Gunship
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Battlefield-4-ac-130-gunship

Brand New Jets!

F-22 Raptor
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Battlefield-4-f-22

SU-50 (PAK FA)
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Battlefield-4-su-50

J-20
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Battlefield-4-j-20

That is a lot of jets! Which could cause a few problems. How will the multi-role fighters hold up against the Air Superiority Stealth Fighters? Will there be different types of plane on the same map? (SU-35 & SU-50 vs F-18 & F-22) How many jets can be flying at once?
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 9:59

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 995548_557794244297321_1685930065_n
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 18:03

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 996041_559349214141824_729692633_n
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 19:43

60fps next gen awesomeness

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 18:02

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 971129_559803250763087_616729299_n
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Fri 15 Nov 2013 - 16:51

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 21eqtx
Beanz
Beanz

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 19 Nov 2013 - 23:08

So, I finally got around to installing this on my PC. Feels exactly the same as BF3, except now I have lost my rough memory of the BF3 maps and died many many times. Being in the Gunship however was good fun.

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 1:43

I'm not too sure about 64 player servers. Even on the bigger maps, some flags on conquest were heavily congested, and OP Metro was an absolute joke. Picked up my first 2 of hopefully many jet kills, although I was worked hard for it because if I even flew over the Battlefield I got locked on about 50,000 times. I really enjoy the speed and sensitivity of the Stealth Jets, should mean that not any idiot can fly. Bought Premium Smile Off to go hunt out some online leagues now.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 21:06

Maaaann I need a gaming PC

Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 1:24

I'm getting really fed up with the amount of problems this game has. The game exits me out to Xbox Home, fails to find, any session, on any map, in any mode. Crashes in game when changing weapon or accepting revive & no 32 player servers Mad
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 1:54

Picking it up on PC in half hour in the Black Friday sale on US Amazon. £15.30 for first 4 hours then £18.50 for the rest of the day.

>>Deal thread<<
Just be sure to put in a delivery address from a state with no sales tax like Alaska (as it's a digital download they don't send anything out).

Edit: Got it! ETA download time on the 25GB file is 90 minutes. Hooray for Sky Fibre! Very Happy 

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 ZAoqkoNBattlefield 4 - Page 3 D0QdeKU

2019 Classic Daytona 24H GTO  3rd  
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 9:00

Kilroy8 wrote:I'm getting really fed up with the amount of problems this game has. The game exits me out to Xbox Home, fails to find, any session, on any map, in any mode. Crashes in game when changing weapon or accepting revive & no 32 player servers Mad
Last night when I could get in a server I had some amazing fun games, double xp helps and to boost the ranking up I have been playing Domination (Fast paced CQB conquest / no vehicles) So many kills to get your unlocks in that mode and the map is small so you kills per minute etc are nice.

I did notice the server issues though and at one time ALL the euro servers dissapeared for a short while.
I have good news though,

Dice wrote:Just a quick note that we're finalizing the upcoming Xbox One Game Update and aiming to have that live the week of Dec 2. We will share the patch notes for this update soon. The update will focus on stability and performance, and includes a fix for the so-called "one-shot kill bug". Stay tuned for full patch notes.
Bookmark this link for info on updates for all platforms Smile
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065219584248915/#!/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065219584248915/

Edit, One other thing to note, I have read that there is a memory leak in the xbox one software, This can cause the ram to run low and games to crash back to dashboard etc.
There are 2 ways to help this until the update.

1, Hold power button on console for 8-10 secs to do a full shutdown of the xbox one, Leave for 30 seconds and boot.

2, When you are on the home screen, Press the Menu (start) button over any open apps and games you are not using and select (quit) to close them and free up some more memory

Hope they help mate with the crashing, Still happens due to BF4 but may improve your experience just a touch

Newt
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 13:18

Cheers Newt, but I may stay away from the game for a while. Servers are struggling to hold 60+ players, the game really is phenomenal when it all goes right, but those occasions are few and far between.

Now I'm not one to name & shame, but this guy has 407 HOURS of game time already. That's 13 Hours a day! (X360 released 29 Oct) That's nearly more than what I had on BF3 in 2 years, and I played the crap out of that game. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Carlos%20Evil1/stats/187143949/xbox360/
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 13:22

Wow.
It's these people that;
a) don't have a life (or more likely, a job)
b) make the servers crash Razz
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 13:44

I can understand wanting to stay away but you shouldnt.
I want to play conquest large etc but realistically I want my guns and kits sorted to give me an edge. Then I can learn the vehicles knowing I got the tools on my person all sorted.

While the servers are bugged im playing domination/deathmatch to unlock as much kit as possible. Also its double xp this week so the ranks are coming fast.

Try that and then go big when the servers are performing better and you will already have all the kit you need Very Happy

As for that guy, He looks like an amature youtuber with way too much time on his hands. Even if I had it I wouldnt spend 13hrs a day solid on BF4, Crazyness!!!
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:07

I can't play Domination or deathmatch as I'm absolutely shocking at it. Don't know why, but I can't get kills. Although on Conquest I rarely use vehicles, I use them for transport and that's it. The only vehicle I enjoy using is the jets. I'm a premium member so there is double XP every other week. And today I can't find any Conquest servers at all, only Rush scratch I don't particularly care about weapons but I really want my L85A2, can't unlock it until the China Rising DLC drops in 4 days.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:08

Kilroy best check your nat settings and network settings

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:16

They're open. It's a known issue on the Xbox One. Search 'Connection' in the Battlelog search bar last 24 hours Battlefield 4 there is about 100 threads regarding the issue. The servers aren't stable yet. Tried joing a game that had 46/64 players and it said it was 'Full'. Sometimes there are 'No servers available' at all. They've already rolled out a patch for the PS4, Xbone patch shouldn't be far away.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Sun 1 Dec 2013 - 2:16

Since when did I buy Sniperfield 4?

Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 18:30

Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 18:34

I finally got this game yesterday after returning my D1 edition of FM5 (I preordered the LE, but there was a mix up and it came in the mail days later)

OMG its soo fun. I love the stuff they did with the game vs BF3.

I haven't played MP yet, but I'm goin thru campaign to get some guns
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 19:06

Multiplayer is broken anyway Laughing

Although found this great website, in-depth stat analysis and on the 'Graphics' tab throws up some pretty awesome banners.

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Kilroy8

Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 20:05

I was blown away with the graphic for this. Need to spend a little more time on it. Loving the campaign though and once the 5.1 support comes I shall have the audio on Wartapes and up VERY loud Wink

Battlefield 4 - Page 3 EwVLgo3
Battlefield 4 - Page 3 Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 19:53

Irritating bug with the assignments. The assignment will 'reset' if you don't complete it in one game, I think it's just the DLC assignments that have the problem, getting a kill with a pistol, 40mm Grenade Launcher, defibrillator & 18 kills with Assault weapon to get L85A2 is hard. Nearly got it but fell shy of the 18 Assault Rifle kills. Can't wait for this patch. (that will more likely break more things than it fixes)
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next